ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Thread Part 4

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

vulture
Head Coach
And1: 5,163

Re: Draft Thread Part 4 

Post#1361 » by vulture » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:38 pm

I would love another Lottery pick in this draft. Would you guys trade Siakam for Wiggins and their 2 lotto picks especially if the minny pick conveys? I think the warriors would say no, but it's intriguing.
Draft a combo of Bouknight, Barnes, Giddey, mitchell and wagner.
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,678

Post#1362 » by hyper316 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:17 pm

Sandman88 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Wouldn’t be mad at all if we took mitchell. Good floor and still has lots of room to grow

Very eye opening film session, esp on the defensive end. Not just an individual effort but team defensive schemes that would play offensive players towards the sidelines or fronting a big with backside help. You can tell Mitchell studies on defense and game plans for opponents (eg Cade). Love how he talked about taking on ball charges.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,660

Post#1363 » by Psubs » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:31 pm

hyper316 wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Wouldn’t be mad at all if we took mitchell. Good floor and still has lots of room to grow

Very eye opening film session, esp on the defensive end. Not just an individual effort but team defensive schemes that would play offensive players towards the sidelines or fronting a big with backside help. You can tell Mitchell studies on defense and game plans for opponents (eg Cade). Love how he talked about taking on ball charges.

He has elite lateral quicks on defense, thus able to beat ballhandlers to spots.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,581

Post#1364 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:08 pm

Mitchell would be a home run pick at the end of the lottery because you know what you are getting and basically have zero bust risk (I also do think he has room to grow).

Not sure you can pick up at 7 with some of the other guys there - at least I wouldn't.

Our best bet is to jump in the top 4 so we wouldnt have to make that decision.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,149

Post#1365 » by ItsDanger » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:13 pm

FYI:

Lavine #13 (2014)
Booker #13 (2015)
Mitchell #13 (2017)
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,400

Post#1366 » by mademan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:19 pm

Mitchell is the Lowry replacement this team needs. Dude has so much heart and takes pride on the defensive end; if his shooting is real, he's gonna be an impact player.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,453

Post#1367 » by PhilBlackson » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:26 pm

It's almost bizarre to me how defensive Mitchell advocates are lol

If you point out any flaws they're in a ridiculous amount of denial (ie/ height, inconsistent shooting percentages, lack of midrange etc).

Ie/ if someone says Barnes lacks half court offense, Bouknight isn't a great 3pt shooter, Mann isn't a good defender, Zairie was unimpressive) -- no one bats an eye and can accept their short comings.

Say something about Deity Mitchell (most actually say they want him just later in the draft) n his homer's are all over you in flat out denial lol you swear he was a generational talent with no flaws.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
nowayguy
Senior
And1: 662

Post#1368 » by nowayguy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:38 pm

Miles McBride looks pretty good if he slips to one of the 2nd round picks.

Skip to 3:15, you might like what you see :wink:
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,644

Post#1369 » by Bruin » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:46 pm

vulture wrote:I would love another Lottery pick in this draft. Would you guys trade Siakam for Wiggins and their 2 lotto picks especially if the minny pick conveys? I think the warriors would say no, but it's intriguing.
Draft a combo of Bouknight, Barnes, Giddey, mitchell and wagner.

I think Raptors say no before Warriors do. The 6th+14th pick with Wiggins isn’t valuable enough to reach Siakams value

It would need to be Wiseman + 6 + Wiggins if they want Siakam

Now if the pick were to become the 4th pick after the lotto, then I’d do it
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,684

Post#1370 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:58 pm

Siakam would be a great fit in GS with all those shooters.

Draymond
Siakam
Wing
Klay
Curry

...would be an awesome lineup offensively and would have a lot of versatility defensively.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,866

Post#1371 » by Jadoogar » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:01 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Siakam would be a great fit in GS with all those shooters.

Draymond
Siakam
Wing
Klay
Curry

...would be an awesome lineup offensively and would have a lot of versatility defensively.

I think if Klay was healthy, the warriors would have made a trade last year to get them help for a title push. We saw Wiseman was absolutely horrible for them, a contending team won't play him that many minutes. The klay injury really screwed things up since it put a hard cap on their ceiling.
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#1372 » by bon » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:04 pm

ItsDanger wrote:FYI:

Lavine #13 (2014)
Booker #13 (2015)
Mitchell #13 (2017)

Execs will make the same mistake and let Bouknight fall :noway:
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,866

Post#1373 » by Jadoogar » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:04 pm

I am loving Mobley's potential but you can already see he's going to struggle for his first few years. Not only is center a very hard position to learn at the pro level (see Wiseman), he's soooo skinny. It's going to take him atleast 3 years to have a positive impact.

I know you shouldn't draft for the short term impact but he's moved to 4th on my personal board simply because i think our team is closer to contending than a traditional lottery team. I would favor someone who can be a positive sooner rather than later

That said, i would be ecstatic if Mobley fell into our laps.
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,802

Post#1374 » by Marty_Budda » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:09 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:It's almost bizarre to me how defensive Mitchell advocates are lol

If you point out any flaws they're in a ridiculous amount of denial (ie/ height, inconsistent shooting percentages, lack of midrange etc).

Ie/ if someone says Barnes lacks half court offense, Bouknight isn't a great 3pt shooter, Mann isn't a good defender, Zairie was unimpressive) -- no one bats an eye and can accept their short comings.

Say something about Deity Mitchell (most actually say they want him just later in the draft) n his homer's are all over you in flat out denial lol you swear he was a generational talent with no flaws.

You’re making things up. Everyone knows there’s concerns and shortcomings with even the best prospects let alone the ones expected to go in the 5-14 range. What Mitchell advocates like me are saying is he has the highest visible floor out of anyone of the non top 4 guys and has the physical tools to succeed at an nba level and get better especially IF his shot translates.

What Davion haters like you love to do is make up lies and say stuff like he’s 24, won’t get better, will hit his prime in like a year etc. You like other guys better? that’s fine. But don’t spout bs. Nobody has said there’s no question marks around Mitchell.

Also if scouts were so fixated on height as much as you are - guys like Chris Paul, Kyle Lowry, kemba walker, Damian lillard etc wouldn’t even be in the league. We’d be watching a bunch of Mo Bambas going at it.
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#1375 » by bon » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:12 pm

Also y'all if you want a ready now 3+D guy, you draft Moses Moody if he's still on the board. He's simply the better prospect (age, height, length, portability, upside).

Taking a guy because you want him to try and mimic a future HOFer in his rookie season is not a great idea.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,980

Post#1376 » by ATLTimekeeper » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:18 pm

Jadoogar wrote:I am loving Mobley's potential but you can already see he's going to struggle for his first few years. Not only is center a very hard position to learn at the pro level (see Wiseman), he's soooo skinny. It's going to take him atleast 3 years to have a positive impact.

I know you shouldn't draft for the short term impact but he's moved to 4th on my personal board simply because i think our team is closer to contending than a traditional lottery team. I would favor someone who can be a positive sooner rather than later

That said, i would be ecstatic if Mobley fell into our laps.

Wiseman basically sat out his college year. There's probably a scouting fail there. I agree it takes awhile for Cs, but he's also mobile enough to play with another big, too (he played with his brother). I don't want to say he's too good to fail, because everyone comes with a high bust potential, but he's done enough to warrant confidence.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,274

Post#1377 » by Dalek » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:41 pm

Psubs wrote:
hyper316 wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:Wouldn’t be mad at all if we took mitchell. Good floor and still has lots of room to grow

He has elite lateral quicks on defense, thus able to beat ballhandlers to spots.

I have been watching Mitchell and Butler more in depth lately and I mean those two if they stayed together could be the next Dame and CJ. They compliment each other so well.

Mitchell definitely is the driver, while Butler is a good scorer from everywhere else. Both defend well although they would be a small backcourt, but a lot of teams run that way. If I was a team with a couple picks, they wouldn't be a bad investment.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,581

Post#1378 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:52 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Siakam would be a great fit in GS with all those shooters.

Draymond
Siakam
Wing
Klay
Curry

ya and same with our team.

FVV
Jalen Suggs/Jalen Green
OG
Siakam
?
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,063

Post#1379 » by Indeed » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:04 pm

bon wrote:Also y'all if you want a ready now 3+D guy, you draft Moses Moody if he's still on the board. He's simply the better prospect (age, height, length, portability, upside).

Taking a guy because you want him to try and mimic a future HOFer in his rookie season is not a great idea.

If you want a ready now 3+D guy, you draft someone like Trey Murphy.
Even Moody, you are drafting him on his potential as well (eg. hunches more than he bends his knees getting down in a stance)
Grew
Rookie
And1: 1,775

Post#1380 » by Grew » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:06 pm

Seems like a lot of Mitchell at 7 people are forgetting how most of the board, probably themselves included, bashed Fred all season for being to high up the pecking order and forcing to much. Now you want to draft a guy with similar size, strengths and weaknesses to be a "Lowry replacement" when we already have his replacement in Fred.

Using 7 in a stacked draft to simply replace Lowry doesn't make us any better than last season immediately and it caps our potential close to the same place it was last year going forward.

Unless Masai and the staff think Mitchell is really something special (closer to Dame with elite defense) then he's just not the pick at 7 or higher. I know not every big wing excels just because of height, but getting a bigger guard/wing who can create his own offense more efficiently than what we are seeing from Fred and Pascal (or at least relieve some pressure) is what everyone around here has been clamoring for since we lost Kawhi. Now we have a chance to find something like that and you want to play it safe and just draft Mitchell?

Mitchell is a good prospect and will probably have a long NBA career, I can see why people are so excited about him, but when you ask yourself what you really want out of this draft in the top 10 for the Raptors, is the answer another 6'0ish Fred/Lowry type?

Return to Toronto Raptors