ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowry trending on twitter

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,101

Re: Lowry trending on twitter 

Post#141 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:00 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:Durant coming off an ACL injury, Kyrie who has been frequently hurt, the entire league suffering through a ton of injuries during the course of the season due to the compressed offseason and compressed game schedule. How could anyone have ever guessed there might be some injuries in the playoffs, opening the door for a non Nets team to win the title?

Teams have to know that. There's always a chance, even for the most lameass franchise. A healthy Warriors squad was obviously unbeatable in 2019, and Raptors clearly deserved the biggest asterisk in history for barely squeezing by a team wracked by the injury bug. [/billsimmons]. But flags fly forever.

Also, a long playoff run to the conference finals and cashing in on the dollar value of the (now) sold-out home crowds is a benefit in and of itself. Sixers haven't done it since 2001. Although the prospect of this re-opening may not have factored into decisions made or not made at the trade deadline.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,818

Post#142 » by Quattro » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:43 pm

Heat Clippers and Lakers?

Never mind them. Philly and their smart assed GM who was making wise cracks about how much we wanted for Lowry at the time is probably thinking that it wasn’t such a high price after all.

Anyone think that pathetic collapse the other night happens if Lowry is on the floor? Philly is instantly the favourite to win it all if he’s running that offense.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,512

Post#143 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:53 pm

Lowry could've been to the 76ers what Gasol was to the Raptors. The final vet piece needed to take that next step. Instead they trade for George Hill. That's like Masai trading for Dedmon instead of Gasol because the cost is cheaper.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,584

Post#144 » by Syd-TK3 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:59 pm

Quattro wrote:Heat Clippers and Lakers?

Never mind them. Philly and their smart assed GM who was making wise cracks about how much we wanted for Lowry at the time is probably thinking that it wasn’t such a high price after all.

Anyone think that pathetic collapse the other night happens if Lowry is on the floor? Philly is instantly the favourite to win it all if he’s running that offense.

We've seen first hand that Lowry is usually the reason behind a big comeback win almost 0% chance he let's that sorta collapse happen.

Philly board members wouldn't agree though lol
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,887

Post#145 » by Tacoma » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:00 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:

We've seen first hand that Lowry is usually the reason behind a big comeback win almost 0% chance he let's that sorta collapse happen.

I think our opinion is slightly tainted here because Masai didn't get what he wanted, thus Philly must be in the wrong. But, if it's Championship or bust with Philly, I think there's sufficient reasonable doubt that Lowry would not have made a difference.

ATL is a decent but not ready team that has no business sniffing the ECF, but here they are one game away. If the Sixers are having this much trouble, I'd argue Lowry is not the difference maker. Adding Lowry may have allowed them to squeak past ATL but they likely still lose against MIL or BKN, which means they still don't achieve their goals.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,584

Post#146 » by Syd-TK3 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:07 pm

Tacoma wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:

I think our opinion is slightly tainted here because Masai didn't get what he wanted, thus Philly must be in the wrong. But, if it's Championship or bust with Philly, I think there's sufficient reasonable doubt that Lowry would not have made a difference.

ATL is a decent but not ready team that has no business sniffing the ECF, but here they are one game away. If the Sixers are having this much trouble, I'd argue Lowry is not the difference maker. Adding Lowry may have allowed them to squeak past ATL but they likely still lose against MIL or BKN, which means they still don't achieve their goals.

I disagree. This may be the general opinion from us as fans but I'm sure Philly gm/owner/coach all atleast believed they were a legit contender with no one but Brooklyn in their way. They had the best record in the east and the mvp if not for games missed. Like someone said before us trading for Gasol was that last piece we needed to just perfect the team Lowry talent and impact is much higher than gasol's
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#147 » by HomieOmey » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:08 am

Tor_Raps wrote:I actually came onto realgm to talk exactly about this. Such a joke those teams were for not trading for Lowry. Especially the Lakers lol.

With the Lakers knowing they were going to Drummond, I really have no clue why they held onto Harrell. That being said, I'm still not positive the Heat or Lakers would have faired much better with Lowry. They could have used his fire, sure, but both teams were still pretty overmatched.
TurboZ
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,207

Post#148 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:39 pm

HomieOmey wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:I actually came onto realgm to talk exactly about this. Such a joke those teams were for not trading for Lowry. Especially the Lakers lol.

With the Lakers knowing they were going to Drummond, I really have no clue why they held onto Harrell. That being said, I'm still not positive the Heat or Lakers would have faired much better with Lowry. They could have used his fire, sure, but both teams were still pretty overmatched.

But it was about doing all you can to give your best shot at a title. Sixers and Lakers screwed up big time. Heat aren't in that boat since they can still make big moves this offseason but the other two are already locked into their teams.
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,672

Post#149 » by hyper316 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:10 am

I can't see Lowry wanting to go to Sixers other than being his hometown. Embiid, Simmons, Harris, et al just doesn't have a winning make up. I see Lowry staying or going to miami
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,440

Post#150 » by KL78192020 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:21 am

hyper316 wrote:I can't see Lowry wanting to go to Sixers other than being his hometown. Embiid, Simmons, Harris, et al just doesn't have a winning make up. I see Lowry staying or going to miami

Plus they can't even afford him, all the can offer is the MLE.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,007

Post#151 » by DelAbbot » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:27 am

hyper316 wrote:I can't see Lowry wanting to go to Sixers other than being his hometown. Embiid, Simmons, Harris, et al just doesn't have a winning make up. I see Lowry staying or going to miami

The only reason Lowry would goto the Heat is for Jimmy. Sixers have more talent (and shooting) than Heat.

But none of that matters, because Lowry is going to wherever is the most money.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,443

Post#152 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:47 am

DelAbbot wrote:

The only reason Lowry would goto the Heat is for Jimmy. Sixers have more talent (and shooting) than Heat.

Back to Toronto so we can beat up Philly next season
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#153 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:48 am

OakleyDokely wrote:Lowry could've been to the 76ers what Gasol was to the Raptors. The final vet piece needed to take that next step. Instead they trade for George Hill. That's like Masai trading for Dedmon instead of Gasol because the cost is cheaper.

Well put.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,007

Post#154 » by DelAbbot » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:51 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

We would have to trade a PG out of Lowry/FVV/Flynn. Unless you want that triple midget lineup without a proper C next season.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#155 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:52 am

DelAbbot wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

We would have to trade a PG out of Lowry/FVV/Flynn. Unless you want that triple midget lineup without a proper C next season.

Nope. Can load up on guard play.. no need to trade that trio at all. But need a real Centre and a better bench.
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#156 » by omar36 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:06 am

some sixer fans still tihnk he wasnt worth it lmao. lowry fixes one of their biggest issues which is half court offense. giving up two subpar players for him is a no brainer for a team thats contedning. if injuries remain the same, philly has a cakewalk to the championship with lowry
kb24vskb8
Junior
And1: 405

Post#157 » by kb24vskb8 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:02 am

Phi messed up easily woulda been ecf with Lowry
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#158 » by Kingsway_fan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:46 am

kb24vskb8 wrote:Phi messed up easily woulda been ecf with Lowry

Yes, as did Lakers...
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,512

Post#159 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:59 am

[Twitter]
Read on Twitter
?s=19[/Twitter]
macketeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,166

Post#160 » by macketeer » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:01 pm

all teams thought they could win championship without lowry (miami, philly, lakers)

all got bounced 2nd round or earlier :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Toronto Raptors