ImageImageImageImageImage

Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Alfred, lebron stopper, niQ, gojoorange, DG88, Morris_Shatford

RapsFan008
Junior
Posts: 375
And1: 314
Joined: Mar 05, 2021
 

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#141 » by RapsFan008 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:53 pm

I like Ingram, but we have to give up 2 FRPs including this year's lottery pick, AND we have to take on Adams contract? No thanks.

Ingram looks like he can be a good #2 option with a better offensive game than Pascal.

Instead of using OG to take on another big contract that's not a #1 option, I would rather trade Pascal + picks for him (not this year's pick). Don't see why Pels would do it though, Ingram fits Zion's timeline better.
kalel123
Analyst
Posts: 3,193
And1: 1,599
Joined: Oct 19, 2004

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#142 » by kalel123 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 11:59 pm

One thing that bugs me about Ingram is that a team with him, Zion, and Ball should be better than they are. I know West is tough but they should at least crack play-in tournament. I don't think he's ever been on a winning team in his career so you have to wonder how much of his numbers is a product of playing on a bad team or how much he would actually contribute to winning.

Having said that, he's probably worth more than OG but not worth another lottery pick for sure.
Def Leppard
Veteran
Posts: 2,917
And1: 1,758
Joined: May 27, 2013

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#143 » by Def Leppard » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:23 am

No from Toronto.

Sent from my SM-G981W using RealGM mobile app
"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"
User avatar
WaltFrazier
Head Coach
Posts: 6,672
And1: 5,355
Joined: Jan 21, 2006
Location: Ontario
       

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#144 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:10 am

S.W.A.N wrote:
Dalek wrote:
FreshyFlames wrote:Ingram doesn't past the eye test for me. Never been a fan of his game. Keep OG and make a big trade when a star becomes disgruntled like Kawhi


I am not sure what you (or others) would be missing with Ingram. I watched a lot of Pelicans games including the one where he closed out Toronto.

The man averaged 24 PPG for two years in a row, efficiently. He also is not a bad defender considering he is as long as KD or PG13 practically and he is only 23. When Zion is not playing he is even better.

Considering age and skill, he would be ahead of OG. No one is gameplanning against OG. He is great, but he is a super high end role player who is more of a great defender rather than a premium scorer.


Yet I'd still keep OG.
I don't see Ingram as a bonified number one option. Maybe he is, but losing OG would hurt too much.
If we were going to make a big move I'd rather trade Siakam and keep OG.

OG put up 16 and 5.5 which is a far from that Ingram puts up, but I think OG can continue his progression until he is a 20ppg guy, and that combined with his elite defense is something to hold onto.

Basically I like the idea of trading for Ingram, but OG is untouchable unless it for a bonefide superstar and Ingram isn't that.


bona fide
or bona-fide
[ boh-nuh -fahyd, bon-uh; boh-nuh -fahy-dee ]SHOW IPA


See synonyms for bona fide on Thesaurus.com
adjective
made, done, presented, etc., in good faith; without deception or fraud:
a bona fide statement of intent to sell.
authentic; true:
a bona fide sample of Lincoln's handwriting.
User avatar
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,384
And1: 1,831
Joined: Aug 11, 2004
Location: Sick Wicked And Nasty
 

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#145 » by S.W.A.N » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:07 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
S.W.A.N wrote:
Dalek wrote:
I am not sure what you (or others) would be missing with Ingram. I watched a lot of Pelicans games including the one where he closed out Toronto.

The man averaged 24 PPG for two years in a row, efficiently. He also is not a bad defender considering he is as long as KD or PG13 practically and he is only 23. When Zion is not playing he is even better.

Considering age and skill, he would be ahead of OG. No one is gameplanning against OG. He is great, but he is a super high end role player who is more of a great defender rather than a premium scorer.


Yet I'd still keep OG.
I don't see Ingram as a bonified number one option. Maybe he is, but losing OG would hurt too much.
If we were going to make a big move I'd rather trade Siakam and keep OG.

OG put up 16 and 5.5 which is a far from that Ingram puts up, but I think OG can continue his progression until he is a 20ppg guy, and that combined with his elite defense is something to hold onto.

Basically I like the idea of trading for Ingram, but OG is untouchable unless it for a bonefide superstar and Ingram isn't that.


bona fide
or bona-fide
[ boh-nuh -fahyd, bon-uh; boh-nuh -fahy-dee ]SHOW IPA


See synonyms for bona fide on Thesaurus.com
adjective
made, done, presented, etc., in good faith; without deception or fraud:
a bona fide statement of intent to sell.
authentic; true:
a bona fide sample of Lincoln's handwriting.


Thank you! I do need a proofreader on everything I write. I also used to commit sins like 'for all intensive purposes'
We the North
User avatar
XTC
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,149
And1: 2,696
Joined: Nov 09, 2005
 

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#146 » by XTC » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:22 pm

OG, Boucher, TOR 2021 FRP (#7)

For

Ingram, Stevens, NO 2021 FRP (#10)

Is fair for both sides. Ingram would flourish here. Moving down for #7 to #10 is a W in my eyes.
User avatar
Merit
Analyst
Posts: 3,694
And1: 1,177
Joined: Jul 23, 2004
Location: we're movin' on up!
       

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#147 » by Merit » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:29 pm

It’s a quick no from me. That’s the type of haul you would ask for a prime Kawhi. Not for Ingram. And the Raps are better off keeping their firsts. Other players who would also move the raps forward could be had for less. They may not be as good as Ingram, but I think we can find shot creators in other ways. My personal dream is for demar to return.
Image
I believe in Masai.
Pointgod
RealGM
Posts: 12,676
And1: 12,472
Joined: Jun 28, 2014

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#148 » by Pointgod » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:37 pm

I don’t know why the Pelicans would even trade Ingram. He seems like a decent second option/great third option if they land a superstar. They have all the assets to trade for any superstar that will become available. It makes no sense to move Ingram for OG before getting a second option.
gp2015
RealGM
Posts: 10,111
And1: 6,714
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Location: Toronto
     

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#149 » by gp2015 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:54 pm

I think it makes more sense for the Pelicans to trade for Pascal than OG. It seems like Zion and Ingram both think of themselves as #1s and both want to be the man. If the Pels believe Zion is that guy going forward, it makes more sense for them to get Pascal to be their two-way, #2 option.

The only problem I see is they would probably want a shooter to compliment Zion and give him some space, which Pascal won't do, unless he can fix his jumper.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
User avatar
hyper316
RealGM
Posts: 10,024
And1: 4,824
Joined: Dec 23, 2006
   

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#150 » by hyper316 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:03 pm

I think Ingram for Pascal straight up is a fair deal

Both previous MIP, all-star, and on max contract

OG can actually play well as PF starter

(PG)
FVV
Ingram
OG
(Center)
User avatar
OakleyDokely
RealGM
Posts: 19,166
And1: 40,373
Joined: Aug 02, 2008
Location: 416
 

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#151 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:25 pm

hyper316 wrote:I think Ingram for Pascal straight up is a fair deal

Both previous MIP, all-star, and on max contract

OG can actually play well as PF starter

(PG)
FVV
Ingram
OG
(Center)
Unless New Orleans plays small, I don't know how a Zion/Siakam pairing works. They basically play the same position.
gp2015
RealGM
Posts: 10,111
And1: 6,714
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Location: Toronto
     

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#152 » by gp2015 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:50 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
hyper316 wrote:I think Ingram for Pascal straight up is a fair deal

Both previous MIP, all-star, and on max contract

OG can actually play well as PF starter

(PG)
FVV
Ingram
OG
(Center)
Unless New Orleans plays small, I don't know how a Zion/Siakam pairing works. They basically play the same position.


Pascal can easily match up with a lot of the small forwards in the league and did so for us, especially when OG was out. He can also play center if they decide to go small, as you mentioned.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
User avatar
OakleyDokely
RealGM
Posts: 19,166
And1: 40,373
Joined: Aug 02, 2008
Location: 416
 

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#153 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:53 pm

gp2015 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
hyper316 wrote:I think Ingram for Pascal straight up is a fair deal

Both previous MIP, all-star, and on max contract

OG can actually play well as PF starter

(PG)
FVV
Ingram
OG
(Center)
Unless New Orleans plays small, I don't know how a Zion/Siakam pairing works. They basically play the same position.


Pascal can easily match up with a lot of the small forwards in the league and did so for us, especially when OG was out.
He can but it's not ideal. NOs would have 3 guys on the court who either don't shoot 3s at all or arent great at 3s with Siakam+Zion+C. Their spacing would be terrible.

Only way I see it working is if they play small with Siakam and Zion upfront alongside wings/guards.
arbsn
Analyst
Posts: 3,284
And1: 1,098
Joined: Feb 03, 2011

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#154 » by arbsn » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:53 pm

No way I’d give up 7 but I would do OG+Boucher and a future lottery protected pick. Maybe throw in Flynn too if it moves the needle
gp2015
RealGM
Posts: 10,111
And1: 6,714
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Location: Toronto
     

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#155 » by gp2015 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:54 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:Unless New Orleans plays small, I don't know how a Zion/Siakam pairing works. They basically play the same position.


Pascal can easily match up with a lot of the small forwards in the league and did so for us, especially when OG was out.
He can but it's not ideal. NOs would have 3 guys on the court who either don't shoot 3s at all or arent great at 3s with Siakam+Zion+C. Their spacing would be terrible.

Only way I see it working is if they play small with Siakam and Zion upfront alongside wings/guards.


Yeah, that would be an issue I brought up. Pascal would need to fix his broken jumpshot.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
User avatar
WaltFrazier
Head Coach
Posts: 6,672
And1: 5,355
Joined: Jan 21, 2006
Location: Ontario
       

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#156 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:50 am

S.W.A.N wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
S.W.A.N wrote:
Yet I'd still keep OG.
I don't see Ingram as a bonified number one option. Maybe he is, but losing OG would hurt too much.
If we were going to make a big move I'd rather trade Siakam and keep OG.

OG put up 16 and 5.5 which is a far from that Ingram puts up, but I think OG can continue his progression until he is a 20ppg guy, and that combined with his elite defense is something to hold onto.

Basically I like the idea of trading for Ingram, but OG is untouchable unless it for a bonefide superstar and Ingram isn't that.


bona fide
or bona-fide
[ boh-nuh -fahyd, bon-uh; boh-nuh -fahy-dee ]SHOW IPA


See synonyms for bona fide on Thesaurus.com
adjective
made, done, presented, etc., in good faith; without deception or fraud:
a bona fide statement of intent to sell.
authentic; true:
a bona fide sample of Lincoln's handwriting.


Thank you! I do need a proofreader on everything I write. I also used to commit sins like 'for all intensive purposes'


Thank you for taking it in the right spirit. Wasn't trying to be a jerk.

I see "mute" point instead of moot point sometimes too.
TD2FutureStar
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,459
And1: 1,192
Joined: Feb 04, 2020

Re: Bleacher Report suggests Brandon Ingram trade revolving around OG 

Post#157 » by TD2FutureStar » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:44 am

OG is 23 y/o we shouldn't even be entertaining the idea of trading him while we're in rebuild mode. Ingram isn't worth near that haul either. Lmfao, get real Bleacher Report.
.
As others have said if you want to make a big trade your start with Pascal Siakam. I'd move him for picks and prospects in a flash.
Prediction, April 2021. Raps will get the #9 pick in the 2021 NBA Draft and select Moses Moody.

Return to Toronto Raptors