ImageImageImageImageImage

With the 4th Pick, the Raptors select Scottie Barnes! Part 2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,848

Re: With the 4th Pick, the Raptors select Scottie Barnes! Part 2 

Post#1141 » by JShuttlesworth » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:38 pm

The pre-season can't come soon enough, I'm excited to see what Barnes brings to the team.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,762

Post#1142 » by Basketball_Jones » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:44 pm

Roco14 wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:He's an interesting prospect. Almost like a blank canvass to mold into anything. I don't think he has the half court ball handling ability to really be a Ben Simmons/Giannis, but I'd like to be surprised. Floor is Draymond Green, which is pretty high. Jumper, ball handling will ultimately decide how great he becomes.

Current draymond or the best version of draymond? Because that Draymond was a DPOY and one of the best playmakers in the league at that position. Not saying it can't happen, but that's a pretty high floor.. I see his floor as being current day OG, which is a great piece but not a #4 pick.

Yeah somewhere closer to peak Draymond statistically. I feel he’ll stuff the stat sheet and give us 14, 7, 7 one season. From there, he’ll either keep climbing or that’s his peak. I do feel he’s likely going to give us more then what current OG provides statistically. He has a more natural feel for the game and one day they’re gonna give him possessions and reps to develop to more of a Draymond instead of a 3D guy like OG.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,284

Post#1143 » by PhilBlackson » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:44 pm

Roco14 wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:He's an interesting prospect. Almost like a blank canvass to mold into anything. I don't think he has the half court ball handling ability to really be a Ben Simmons/Giannis, but I'd like to be surprised. Floor is Draymond Green, which is pretty high. Jumper, ball handling will ultimately decide how great he becomes.

Current draymond or the best version of draymond? Because that Draymond was a DPOY and one of the best playmakers in the league at that position. Not saying it can't happen, but that's a pretty high floor.. I see his floor as being current day OG, which is a great piece but not a #4 pick.

I don't think a lot of you realize how good OG was last year due to inconsistent health but he took HUGE steps forward at his on ball creation (suggest go back and watch some footage). He's no longer just one the best 3+D players in the league, he's actually becoming one of the better SFs in general. Considering he's made great improvement year in and year out if he gets the increased touches he deserves you'll understand that he is going to be a borderline all-star level player which is the actual "current day version" and is easily worthy of a top 5 pick as that's a great result that any team will take considering the crapshoot the draft can be especially when you consider Barnes is even bigger with better passing instincts...

If Scottie added all that to his game, that's an all-star (period) and an obvious top 5 worthy player. Anything above and you begin questioning if he could become the best player out of his draft. Obviously a lot of work between then and those kinds of results, just addressing the premise of being worthy of a top 5 pick if that's the result.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,455

Post#1144 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:00 am

Roco14 wrote:

A floor means worst case scenario, and that's a poor man's Draymond (he already is that right now). Hitting peak Draymond's level isn't unrealistic at all considering he has all the necessary skills already. I'd put his ceiling as higher than that as he's only 20, so the potential to learn to shoot is still there.
Federalies
Rookie
And1: 1,424

Post#1145 » by Federalies » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:23 am

Not sure if this was posted?

Roco14
Sixth Man
And1: 3,551

Post#1146 » by Roco14 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:27 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
Roco14 wrote:

A floor means worst case scenario, and that's a poor man's Draymond (he already is that right now). Hitting peak Draymond's level isn't unrealistic at all considering he has all the necessary skills already. I'd put his ceiling as higher than that as he's only 20, so the potential to learn to shoot is still there.

I wouldn't argue that being a poor man's draymond is the worst case scenario, that's what I actually think is his floor. But for the worst case scenario to be him becoming peak Draymond is having high hopes. That effectively means that you think it's more likely than not for him to become a top 10-15 player in the league, because at worst he'll be a top 20-30 player which is around what draymond was at that point. If you think peak draymond was overrated and closer to top 50 than 20 player then yeah I understand the argument.

For what its worth, i hope you're all right
JustWin wrote:Masai when asked about the teams problems and if he plans on making a move:

"Uhhh, dis a tuff one guiys.. hehe"
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,101

Post#1147 » by tecumseh18 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:32 am

Read on Twitter

I'm getting the vibe that Suggs didn't sabotage his ONLY workout in - what's it called - "Toronto".
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,060

Post#1148 » by HumbleRen » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:34 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm getting the vibe that Suggs didn't sabotage his ONLY workout in - what's it called - "Toronto".

Nobody with rational thinking believed that aside from the copers lol.

His favourite rapper is Drake, dude wanted to be a Raptor.

It’s going to be fun seeing Suggs and Barnes go at it for the next couple of years.
PD28
General Manager
And1: 13,474

Post#1149 » by PD28 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:04 pm

HumbleRen wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nobody with rational thinking believed that aside from the copers lol.

His favourite rapper is Drake, dude wanted to be a Raptor.

It’s going to be fun seeing Suggs and Barnes go at it for the next couple of years.
From a stacked team in college to the magic. Should be a rough adjustment period for him and expectations will be sky high.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using RealGM mobile app
vulture
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,968

Post#1150 » by vulture » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:48 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,685

Post#1151 » by Vampirate » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:24 pm

I'm still holding fast that Barnes floor is a rich man's Draymond Green (which is not an all star still).

I just think his physical tools puts his floor past Draymond honestly.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,275

Post#1152 » by mademan » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:43 pm

Vampirate wrote:I'm still holding fast that Barnes floor is a rich man's Draymond Green (which is not an all star still).

This is lol worthy. Draymond is a DPOY talent and is 100% an all-star. A rich mans Draymond would be a HOF player and no draftee besides like Lebron/Duncan/Shaq has a HOF floor
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#1153 » by everdiso » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:52 pm

Read on Twitter
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
HumbleRen
RealGM

Post#1154 » by HumbleRen » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:16 pm

mademan wrote:
Vampirate wrote:I'm still holding fast that Barnes floor is a rich man's Draymond Green (which is not an all star still).

This is lol worthy. Draymond is a DPOY talent and is 100% an all-star. A rich mans Draymond would be a HOF player and no draftee besides like Lebron/Duncan/Shaq has a HOF floor

A rich man’s Draymond Green is basically Magic Johnson or Lebron lol.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant

Post#1155 » by Vampirate » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:22 pm

HumbleRen wrote:
mademan wrote:

It's honestly because I don't see the level of a Draymond's scorer as especially hard to surpass at the bare minimum.

Draymond as a scorer.

8.8 PTS on 43.6% FG/ 31.6% 3FG /71.5% FT career thus far.

If Draymond averages 11-15 pts on 45/31/70 for his career to go along with what else he does, he'd be a better version of himself but nowhere near close to the likes of Magic still.

I just think Barnes physical advantages gives him the higher floor scoring wise.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#1156 » by Danny1616 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:31 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wait are you telling me that all the insecure pessimists who think nobody wants to play in Toronto were...wrong?

You don't say.
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,362

Post#1157 » by tdotrep2 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:35 pm

i was a huge suggs guy, but one thing i will say is he doesnt come across as authentic, like hes trying be a brand too much in a way
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,810

Post#1158 » by ash_k » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:41 pm

Vampirate wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:
mademan wrote:

It's honestly because I don't see the level of a Draymond's scorer as especially hard to surpass at the bare minimum.

Draymond as a scorer.

If Draymond averages 11-15 pts on 45/31/70 for his career to go along with what else he does, he'd be a better version of himself but nowhere near close to the likes of Magic still.

I just think Barnes physical advantages gives him the higher floor scoring wise.

until the day I see Draymond covering point guards and shooting guards fulltime, I would not compare Barnes to him. I have never seen a lineup with Draymond listed as a small forward, it has always been as a PF "or a C".
While Barnes is built and listed as a Small Forward.
Outside of Ben Simmons, I cant quite see another player in the same mold able to cover Point guards and Shooting guard and 3s/4s and some 5s. Your defense determines the position you can play.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant

Post#1159 » by Vampirate » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:46 pm

ash_k wrote:
Vampirate wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:

Draymond as a scorer.

until the day I see Draymond covering point guards and shooting guards fulltime, I would not compare Barnes to him. I have never seen a lineup with Draymond listed as a small forward, it has always been as a PF "or a C".
Outside of Ben Simmons, I cant quite see another player in the same mold able to cover Point guards and Shooting guard and 3s/4s and some 5s. Your defense determines the position you can play.

The comparisons are mostly just season averages honestly.
HumbleRen
RealGM

Post#1160 » by HumbleRen » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:56 pm

ash_k wrote:
Vampirate wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:

Draymond as a scorer.

Prime Draymond was guarding 1-5. He's just best positioned to guard 3-5 because Klay was a monster in his own right in perimeter defense.

Draymond's peak was being a DPOY while giving you 14 points, 8 assist and 10 rebounds a game. A rich man's version of that version of Draymond is upper echelon imo. If were using career stats than of course it isn't the best comparison.

Return to Toronto Raptors