ImageImageImageImageImage

[Stein] Dallas Has Tried To Trade For Goran Dragic But Toronto Has Resisted

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,578

Re: [Stein] Dallas Has Tried To Trade For Goran Dragic But Toronto Has Resisted 

Post#961 » by mdenny » Sun Sep 5, 2021 3:39 pm

mihaic wrote:Wouldn't Dragic make sense for the 76ers?

Makes a ton of sense. There are multiple teams that could use dragic as a deadline deal to shore up their backcourt. Jazz, sixers, denver, lakers....

Maybe i just value dragic more than everyone else. How many times does this guy need to play well in the playoffs for his stock to go up? Dude is a gamer and has a ton of value.

We should get something decent for him in one way or another. I will so frusterated if we don't.
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,077

Post#962 » by mihaic » Sun Sep 5, 2021 4:59 pm

mdenny wrote:

Makes a ton of sense. There are multiple teams that could use dragic as a deadline deal to shore up their backcourt. Jazz, sixers, denver, lakers....

Maybe i just value dragic more than everyone else. How many times does this guy need to play well in the playoffs for his stock to go up? Dude is a gamer and has a ton of value.

We should get something decent for him in one way or another. I will so frusterated if we don't.

I also value Dragic highly. He is skilled and plays hard, there is correlation between heat's run and him playing healthy similar to Lowry. This is why I asked the question.

He could be the missing link for the sixers and other teams.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,578

Post#963 » by mdenny » Sun Sep 5, 2021 5:57 pm

mihaic wrote:
mdenny wrote:

I also value Dragic highly. He is skilled and plays hard, there is correlation between heat's run and him playing healthy similar to Lowry. This is why I asked the question.

He could be the missing link for the sixers and other teams.

Agreed. Dragic's injury in the finals was huge. They missed him big time when he couldnt play. Obviously the Bam injury hurt them too. But dragic was killing it during that run.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#964 » by Apz » Sun Sep 5, 2021 7:48 pm

mdenny wrote:

Question is what do they match salary with that doesnt hurt their team, while at the same raptors would accept? I mean, we have had this go around about powell for weeks that raptors dont want to take on money. Lakers got nothing they can trade, would have to be like 5 players to match salary.

Specially when he is an uncertainy healthwise. Missed like 25% of the last 3 seasons. I just find it hard to see so many that are certain that teams can/want to trade for him. Also, most of the teams lacks 1sts that can or are realistic to deal.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#965 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 8:38 pm

Apz wrote:
mdenny wrote:

Question is what do they match salary with that doesnt hurt their team, while at the same raptors would accept? I mean, we have had this go around about powell for weeks that raptors dont want to take on money. Lakers got nothing they can trade, would have to be like 5 players to match salary.

Specially when he is an uncertainy healthwise. Missed like 25% of the last 3 seasons. I just find it hard to see so many that are certain that teams can/want to trade for him. Also, most of the teams lacks 1sts that can or are realistic to deal.

Would have to be a three team trade. Only way.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#966 » by bboyskinnylegs » Sun Sep 5, 2021 11:43 pm

he addresses a major need of theirs, though it isn't easy for the Sixers to come up with $20M in salaries to send back that we'd accept (outside of Simmons, but apparently Morey is still in La La Land with what he's expecting in return there).
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,077

Post#967 » by mihaic » Mon Sep 6, 2021 3:02 am

A three way could be a possibilty. Someone gets Simmons, Philly gets stuff that they can flip part of it to us for Dragic. Expiry or asset + pick.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,641

Post#968 » by C_Money » Mon Sep 6, 2021 4:15 am

Yeah I’m fine with just keeping him. Don’t give a sh*t if he doesn’t want to be here.

We’re low on guard depth btw.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#969 » by God Squad » Mon Sep 6, 2021 4:44 am

If we keep him, good. We need need the guard depth and he gives his all on the court. Plus there's trade deadline.
If we trade him, good. It adds more assets to our accumulation process.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,216

Post#970 » by Dalek » Mon Sep 6, 2021 5:22 am

C_Money wrote:Yeah I’m fine with just keeping him. Don’t give a sh*t if he doesn’t want to be here.

I can see where you are coming from with this, as far as proven NBA talent, we are short on guard depth. But, I look realistically at this roster and this is a fringe playoff team at best, unless other teams face major injuries like last season.

I just see Dragic as a weird fit. Lowry was a sport and because he had a real leadership role here he stuck it out on a bad team until the wheels fell off with COVID absences.

Dragic has no history here and obviously wants to play with his countryman in what might end up his final NBA year. It just seems weird to hold him hostage here just in case some contender has $19m or so to throw at for a veteran PG. The playoff teams seem good on their guard depth and I can't think of one who can afford Dragic. Not sure why waiting until the deadline would be an end game for Dragic.

My main reason to drop Dragic is because we have good versatile players that can fit a more free flowing system. We have multiple big initiators and I really want to watch David Johnson, Scottie Barnes and Dalano Banton all handle the ball and get their reps. Dragic would be only good if we were fighting for seeding, but I don't think we are positioned for that. We should be positioning for Emoni Bates.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,641

Post#971 » by C_Money » Mon Sep 6, 2021 6:43 am

Dalek wrote:
C_Money wrote:Yeah I’m fine with just keeping him. Don’t give a sh*t if he doesn’t want to be here.

I can see where you are coming from with this, as far as proven NBA talent, we are short on guard depth. But, I look realistically at this roster and this is a fringe playoff team at best, unless other teams face major injuries like last season.

I just see Dragic as a weird fit. Lowry was a sport and because he had a real leadership role here he stuck it out on a bad team until the wheels fell off with COVID absences.

Dragic has no history here and obviously wants to play with his countryman in what might end up his final NBA year. It just seems weird to hold him hostage here just in case some contender has $19m or so to throw at for a veteran PG. The playoff teams seem good on their guard depth and I can't think of one who can afford Dragic. Not sure why waiting until the deadline would be an end game for Dragic.

My main reason to drop Dragic is because we have good versatile players that can fit a more free flowing system. We have multiple big initiators and I really want to watch David Johnson, Scottie Barnes and Dalano Banton all handle the ball and get their reps. Dragic would be only good if we were fighting for seeding, but I don't think we are positioned for that. We should be positioning for Emoni Bates.

LOL we’re making the playoffs this season, don’t fool yourself.

Also who the hell is Emoni Bates?
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,555

Post#972 » by JimmyPlopper » Mon Sep 6, 2021 7:20 am

I hopeall that buyout talk was rubbish. Raptors should presumably be able to acquire a significant asset in exchange for him. Sixers as others have said are a great example of a logical landing spot.
you can't kill me - i was born dead
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#973 » by Apz » Mon Sep 6, 2021 8:52 pm

JimmyPlopper wrote:I hopeall that buyout talk was rubbish. Raptors should presumably be able to acquire a significant asset in exchange for him. Sixers as others have said are a great example of a logical landing spot.

How is it logical if they cant match salary? Lots of eams would pick him up for free, yes. Feel free to fill the gaps in the logic. Are we talking sending something more and take back harris?
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant

Post#974 » by JimmyPlopper » Mon Sep 6, 2021 8:58 pm

Apz wrote:
JimmyPlopper wrote:I hopeall that buyout talk was rubbish. Raptors should presumably be able to acquire a significant asset in exchange for him. Sixers as others have said are a great example of a logical landing spot.

How is it logical if they cant match salary? Lots of eams would pick him up for free, yes. Feel free to fill the gaps in the logic. Are we talking sending something more and take back harris?

Myles Turner and Goran Dragic is one I came up with on the top of my head. He has a very tradeable contract.
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#975 » by Apz » Tue Sep 7, 2021 6:36 am

JimmyPlopper wrote:
Apz wrote:

Myles Turner and Goran Dragic is one I came up with on the top of my head. He has a very tradeable contract.

Wait. U think u can get turner for dragic? U packaging dragic with an unprotected 1st or what? Cause if raptors pay in 1sts, sure they could get something good back. But dragic turner isnt even close to realistic
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant

Post#976 » by JimmyPlopper » Tue Sep 7, 2021 6:40 am

Apz wrote:
JimmyPlopper wrote:
Apz wrote:

Wait. U think u can get turner for dragic? U packaging dragic with an unprotected 1st or what? Cause if raptors pay in 1sts, sure they could get something good back. But dragic turner isnt even close to realistic

Who is u? Are u a Raptors fan? I'm just N objective fan of the league.
aligator
Assistant Coach
And1: 432

Post#977 » by aligator » Tue Sep 7, 2021 1:20 pm

The Raps cannot get anything useful back without taking back crap as well. Doubt if deadline would be any different than now. As posted above, let the young guys play. Masai is just chillin, waiting for acceptable buyout terms.
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,807

Post#978 » by Steelo Green » Tue Sep 7, 2021 10:30 pm

One hour ago on his live show:

Jake Fischer on Goran Dragic: "There is still an expectation that Goran Dragic is eventually bought out by TOR. Toronto called CLE, POR, SAS and DAL to be the 3rd team in the trade to take Dragic, but none of them budged." Dragic has not spoken to TOR about a trade or joining the team.
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,480

Post#979 » by Spida888 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 10:58 pm

Steelo Green wrote:One hour ago on his live show:

Jake Fischer on Goran Dragic: "There is still an expectation that Goran Dragic is eventually bought out by TOR. Toronto called CLE, POR, SAS and DAL to be the 3rd team in the trade to take Dragic, but none of them budged." Dragic has not spoken to TOR about a trade or joining the team.

Interesting. Sad if true, but no rush to buy him out. Maybe teams get desperate come trade deadline.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,506

Post#980 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Sep 7, 2021 11:05 pm

When did Fischer become a thing?

Wake me when Shams or Woj report something.

Return to Toronto Raptors