ImageImageImageImageImage

ESPN Eastern Conference Predictions (Raptors 12th)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Re: ESPN Eastern Conference Predictions (Raptors 12th) 

Post#21 » by Dennis 37 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:12 am

DelAbbot wrote:I don't get why people need to debate this low ranking and convince others (or themselves?) that we will be better.

Keep your expectations for upcoming season low - if we surprise then celebrate, and if we don't surprise then we get another high lottery pick to our rebuild.

Mainly because pre-season predictions often discount our team. We have exceeded them far more often that we have fallen short.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,466

Post#22 » by Jcity08 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:21 pm

As long as we arent fighting for the play-in. Either we are a playoff team or lottery, I dont like this in-between stuff.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,542

Post#23 » by mdenny » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:41 pm

Brinbe wrote:too low. we'll be in the mix for playoffs/play-in. that defense will keep us competitive.

Agreed. It'll also be a factor of night-in, night-out effort.

We're not gonna be lazy enough to lose that many games.
tradejosehesux
Starter
And1: 3,858

Post#24 » by tradejosehesux » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:14 pm

If they're healthy, they will make the playoffs.
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,476

Post#25 » by Spida888 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:29 pm

After the Celtics at 6th, its hard to predict. I think Pacers will be better than expected if they stay healthy with a good coach.

We will be in the 7-11 play-in range if we try to make the playoffs. If we trade Dragic or Pascal looks meh after coming back from injury then we'll be lower.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,639

Post#26 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:46 pm

So right where we finished last year, in Tampa. Like we are worse by miles while trying to lose. Riiiight.
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,304

Post#27 » by Parataxis » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:38 pm

While I'm sure that this would make team tank happy*, I think it's more likely that they finish better than this than they end up scraping the bottom of the conference.

*just kidding, nothing will make some members of team tank happy.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,272

Post#28 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:43 pm

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,272

Post#29 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:44 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:So right where we finished last year, in Tampa. Like we are worse by miles while trying to lose. Riiiight.

We lost our best player in the offseason. I do think we're likely to finish better than 12th, but I also wouldn't be shocked if that's where we ended up. Our performance will hinge heavily on how much Barnes is able to contribute this year. If he's as raw as expected, it won't be a competitive season for us.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#30 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:56 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:So right where we finished last year, in Tampa. Like we are worse by miles while trying to lose. Riiiight.

We lost our best player in the offseason. I do think we're likely to finish better than 12th, but I also wouldn't be shocked if that's where we ended up. Our performance will hinge heavily on how much Barnes is able to contribute this year. If he's as raw as expected, it won't be a competitive season for us.

The only way we end up 12th is if we get killed with injuries before the break and have to intentionally finish 12th again.

I think Barnes will be about as useful as OG was off the bench in his first season. I think 22-25 minutes and as good is a decent comparison. He might surprise us more depending on what he got accomplished this offseason. But he's not going to cost the team games all over the place imo.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,673

Post#31 » by Pointgod » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:04 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:

My main concern is that we’ll be without Pascal the first month. So no Siakim, no Lowry to stabilize the team. We’re going to lean on Fred Van Vleet to carry the team. And no disrespect to Fred Van Vleet I have a hard time seeing him as that guy. It’s possible we have Khem Birch as our starting Center!
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,833

Post#32 » by JShuttlesworth » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:54 pm

I really don't see a scenario where we're 12th unless we have injuries and / or tank.
M3tro
Analyst
And1: 3,063

Post#33 » by M3tro » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:40 am

Still feeling like we're going to battling for that 8th spot.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Post#34 » by Jakay » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:59 am

It's not an unfair take, it's a pretty young team now without a real vet coming off the bench (if Dragic leaves). Playing hard or not, kids make mistakes.

A lot depends on the starters health.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#35 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:26 am

Pointgod wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

My main concern is that we’ll be without Pascal the first month. So no Siakim, no Lowry to stabilize the team. We’re going to lean on Fred Van Vleet to carry the team. And no disrespect to Fred Van Vleet I have a hard time seeing him as that guy. It’s possible we have Khem Birch as our starting Center!

Its funny. Everyone thought JV was a god putting up 12 and 8 but Birch does it in his sleep while we tank and we have to worry. Birch might even start (not my choice) but he's not likely closing every game.
CANsportsguru
Pro Prospect
And1: 522

Post#36 » by CANsportsguru » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:00 pm

I think we'll be 8-9th range and should be better than Pacers and Hornets. Depends on how many games Pascal misses at the start of the season.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#37 » by Mikistan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:12 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

Its funny. Everyone thought JV was a god putting up 12 and 8 but Birch does it in his sleep while we tank and we have to worry. Birch might even start (not my choice) but he's not likely closing every game.

???

JV unleashed is putting up 19, 15, 17 ppg and 11 or 10+ rebounds his 3 seasons in memphis so far.
he also had a year avging 15ppg for us one year regular season

let alone not knowing what birch can do in the playoffs. meanwhile JV was the xfactor winning playoff games for us - double double as a rookie in his first PO game, dominating indiana even tho casey had kyle/demar brick boing for 30 shots each
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#38 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:47 pm

Mikistan wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

???

JV unleashed is putting up 19, 15, 17 ppg and 11 or 10+ rebounds his 3 seasons in memphis so far.

let alone not knowing what birch can do in the playoffs. meanwhile JV was the xfactor winning playoff games for us - double double as a rookie in his first PO game, dominating indiana even tho casey had kyle/demar brick boing for 30 shots each

what are the question marks for... Jv put up 12 and 8/9 every years for 6 years lol and never averaged 15 for us. and yep... Jv was always going to put up better numbers on a bad team. With Birch's mobility it aint all that far off what we got in those years at the position while losing to Cleveland and almost losing to the bucks.

Dude don't give this stuff that is was all Casey Lowry DD and never JV responsible. We weren't going to win ever, but clearly our biggest weakness having to play JV at C. The entire time.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#39 » by Mikistan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:55 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

???

what are the question marks for... Jv put up 12 and 8/9 every years for 6 years lol and never averaged 15 for us. and yep... Jv was always going to put up better numbers on a bad team. With Birch's mobility it aint all that far off what we got in those years at the position while losing to Cleveland and almost losing to the bucks.

Dude don't give this stuff that is was all Casey Lowry DD and never JV responsible. We weren't going to win ever, but clearly our biggest weakness having to play JV at C. The entire time.

Our biggest weakness was feeding an inefficient shot taker 20-30 shots per game and 29%+ usage on a near supermax contract - who was also a sieve defensively.

JV averages 12/9 in 22-25 minutes was not the biggest weakness LMAO
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,542

Post#40 » by mdenny » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:56 pm

Lol at the sixers projection.

Their current backcourt:

Maxey/milton
Curry/danny green

Lol that might be the worst backcourt in the entire league right now. I think ppl are underestimating how much trouble they are in if ben sits. And i think he will.

And they are totally maxed out. Nothing they can do except trade ben for a mediocre replacement while also probably having to give away FRPs.

This is so yummy yummy delicious. Ofc...i could be wrong but i think ppl are crazy to be giving them third place in the east. Like......how?

Imagine how easy it will be to score against that backcourt. They are gonna lead the league in opponent's shooting %.

Return to Toronto Raptors