ImageImageImageImageImage

OT -Davies

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,077

Re: OT -Davies 

Post#41 » by mihaic » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:56 pm

mdenny wrote:28 posts and noone's mentioned it was out of bounds yet

You know the ball has to completely cross the line? Probably no video shows it did.

Also I will share something from the game as I was just a few rows up from it. The ref came by to talk to the assistant and you could see the assistant was confident it was not out. The linesman had a very good placement I thought.

Even more, the ref - sneaky at that :) - clearly waited, and looked at the replay on the big screen behind the Panamanian goal, and showed the defender who was arguing with him the ball was not out. I saw that sequence live it may not be on TV as this happened while the boys were celebrating. It was only after that, after seeing the replay on TV from the good angle, when the ref decided the goal is valid. That is why I call him sneaky as he is not supposed to make the decision based on the TV.

I was scared he may overturn it as from my angle I could not tell if the ball was actually in or out in the live action.
RyderMike
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,799

Post#42 » by RyderMike » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:37 pm

mihaic wrote:

You know the ball has to completely cross the line? Probably no video shows it did.

Also I will share something from the game as I was just a few rows up from it. The ref came by to talk to the assistant and you could see the assistant was confident it was not out. The linesman had a very good placement I thought.

Even more, the ref - sneaky at that :) - clearly waited, and looked at the replay on the big screen behind the Panamanian goal, and showed the defender who was arguing with him the ball was not out. I saw that sequence live it may not be on TV as this happened while the boys were celebrating. It was only after that, after seeing the replay on TV from the good angle, when the ref decided the goal is valid. That is why I call him sneaky as he is not supposed to make the decision based on the TV.

I was scared he may overturn it as from my angle I could not tell if the ball was actually in or out in the live action.

He couldn't overturn it even if he saw the replay. CONCACAF made the decision not to use VAR, so if he doesn't call it in live action, he can't take it back. But like you said the assistant was 100% certain - he had a perfect angle 5 yards away and standing right on the line. It was definitely 100% inbounds
tms
Veteran
And1: 2,110

Post#43 » by tms » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:07 am

anj wrote:
Here's Davies' goal for those that didn't catch it:

Read on Twitter

wow. that dude was possessed. reminds me of Dk Metcalf chasing down Budda Baker in the other football. 20 guys on the field but one of them... cares just a wee bit more
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,077

Post#44 » by mihaic » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:19 am

RyderMike wrote:
mihaic wrote:

He couldn't overturn it even if he saw the replay. CONCACAF made the decision not to use VAR, so if he doesn't call it in live action, he can't take it back. But like you said the assistant was 100% certain - he had a perfect angle 5 yards away and standing right on the line. It was definitely 100% inbounds

But this is why I said sneaky. I believe he did not point to center field till he saw the replay. He is not supposed to do that...

Return to Toronto Raptors