ImageImageImageImageImage

2021-22 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Re: 2021-22 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#521 » by Psubs » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:08 pm

Toronto trades: Chris Boucher and David Johnson

Knicks trade: Kemba Walker, Jericho Sims and Cash

PG FVV - Banton/Flynn
SG Trent - Kemba - Svi
SF OG - Barnes - Yuta
PF Siakam - Barnes - Yuta
C Precious - Birch - Sims
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,793

Post#522 » by Lord_Zedd » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:47 pm

Psubs wrote:Toronto trades: Chris Boucher and David Johnson

PG FVV - Banton/Flynn
SG Trent - Kemba - Svi
SF OG - Barnes - Yuta

Kemba is cooked. Fact that the Knicks are starving for PG and want to ship him out, says alot.

Edit: Holy crap i didn't think it was this bad for Kemba.....

Read on Twitter
youngRAPZ
Senior
And1: 456

Post#523 » by youngRAPZ » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:05 pm

Lol at all these 2k trades. We got almost a decade of Masai running things and you guys still think he would trade VV/Siakam any time soon after he gave demar and Lowry so many chances.

The man litterally said “Finally you are mine” about precious and you guys think he’s gonna turn around 5 months later and trade him for Jacob.

If any trade is done this season it will involve dragic, Bouche, maybe Flynn but even that I doubt and the rest of svi, yuta, etc. as throw ins.

Masai and Bobby evaluate.

But I guess it’s not for me to tell you all what to dream about. Just trying to help you all so you don’t get upset when no trades happen at deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,429

Post#524 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:08 pm

youngRAPZ wrote:Lol at all these 2k trades. We got almost a decade of Masai running things and you guys still think he would trade VV/Siakam any time soon after he gave demar and Lowry so many chances.

The man literally said “Finally you are mine” about precious and you guys think he’s gonna turn around 5 months later and trade him for Jacob.

If any trade is done this season it will involve dragic, Bouche, maybe Flynn but even that I doubt and the rest of svi, yuta, etc. as throw ins.

But I guess it’s not for me to tell you all what to dream about. Just trying to help you all so you don’t get upset when no trades happen at deadline.

That was a different time. Different players, different people, different contract situation, different roster construction. For example, during the DeMar and Lowry days, we did not have a Top 4 pick that looked like the could be a star. We did not have an elite young two way wing on a below market deal.

I don't care what Masai said about Precious. Just because he's excited to have him, doesn't mean he's good or will be good. Nobody gets it right all the time.
youngRAPZ
Senior

Post#525 » by youngRAPZ » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:21 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:Lol at all these 2k trades. We got almost a decade of Masai running things and you guys still think he would trade VV/Siakam any time soon after he gave demar and Lowry so many chances.

The man literally said “Finally you are mine” about precious and you guys think he’s gonna turn around 5 months later and trade him for Jacob.

That was a different time. Different players, different people, different contract situation, different roster construction. For example, during the DeMar and Lowry days, we did not have a Top 4 pick that looked like the could be a star. We did not have an elite young two way wing on a below market deal.

I don't care what Masai said about Precious. Just because he's excited to have him, doesn't mean he's good or will be good. Nobody gets it right all the time.

I’m willing to bet we resign pascal to another contract after this one is up. Also if you think Masai is going to trade Siakam and VV to bottom out then I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I mean the way you guys just throw their names in under valued trades is laughable. We got a top 5 pick last year with the same players under contract so I don’t understand why everyone thinks you need to trade all our players bottom out and let Scottie shoot 1000x a game.

Lol that is not how you develop a player. Barnes is already avg just as much fga as Green who’s supposed to be the best scorer in this class. Even Ball didn’t get the keys right off the bat and started on the bench and developed and earned the starting roll. Barnes can develop off the bench or in the staring lineup doesn’t matter as long as he’s getting the mins and opportunity which he obviously is already seeing as he’s already in most peoples eyes the top rookie or 2nd behind Mobley.

And about Precious I know he’s not untouchable I’m just saying if you think Masai is gonna throw him in for some spare parts then you’re delusional. He’s young cheap and under control for another 2 years I think he gives him at least until 4th year before he trades him.

Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,429

Post#526 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:49 pm

youngRAPZ wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:

I’m willing to bet we resign pascal to another contract after this one is up. Also if you think Masai is going to trade Siakam and VV to bottom out then I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I mean the way you guys just throw their names in under valued trades is laughable. We got a top 5 pick last year with the same players under contract so I don’t understand why everyone thinks you need to trade all our players bottom out and let Scottie shoot 1000x a game.

Lol that is not how you develop a player. Barnes is already avg just as much fga as Green who’s supposed to be the best scorer in this class. Even Ball didn’t get the keys right off the bat and started on the bench and developed and earned the starting roll. Barnes can develop off the bench or in the staring lineup doesn’t matter as long as he’s getting the mins and opportunity which he obviously is already seeing as he’s already in most peoples eyes the top rookie or 2nd behind Mobley.

I willing to bet that you're right - I think Masai will attempt to re-sign Vanvleet and Siakam (whether or not they actually do remains to be seen). But just because I agree with you doesn't mean I think it's a good idea unless somehow you've managed to acquire other high level talent within the next year. Vanvleet's last guaranteed year is next season. He has an opt out clause after that. Same thing with GTJ. Siakam is a free agent the year after that.

So the question becomes, do you want to overpay for guy who you haven't been able to win with or should you cash out and acquire as many guys as possible? I don't think anyone is suggesting that we have to have an all-rookie team but keeping guys that could yield blue chip young guys for the future makes no sense. Masai also said "play-in for what". So we have to take that concept into consideration as well.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#527 » by Morris_Shatford » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:54 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:I like the time is a flat circle option of kicking off a new rebuild with a Sacramento trade…

To Sacramento
Ben Simmons

To philly
Pascal siakam

To Toronto
Marvin Bagley
Davion Mitchell
Buddy Hield
2022. Top 3 protected
2024 unprotected

The Kings portion aside;
If there is a world in which the Raps can land Simmons for just Siakam as much as I have been one of the more vocal in the dont for Simmons movement I would do that deal without even involving the Kings.

Simmons is younger and he plays defense;
He would work in Toronto even short term and actually playing would rehabilitate some of his value which I would then parlay later into that grand rebuilding package if that is the direction they opted to go.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
youngRAPZ
Senior

Post#528 » by youngRAPZ » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:10 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:

I willing to bet that you're right - I think Masai will attempt to re-sign Vanvleet and Siakam (whether or not they actually do remains to be seen). But just because I agree with you doesn't mean I think it's a good idea unless somehow you've managed to acquire other high level talent within the next year. Vanvleet's last guaranteed year is next season. He has an opt out clause after that. Same thing with GTJ. Siakam is a free agent the year after that.

So the question becomes, do you want to overpay for guy who you haven't been able to win with or should you cash out and acquire as many guys as possible? I don't think anyone is suggesting that we have to have an all-rookie team but keeping guys that could yield blue chip young guys for the future makes no sense. Masai also said "play-in for what". So we have to take that concept into consideration as well.

I think we both are kind of on the same page. I just don’t get why people think we have to trade Siakam or VV to let Barnes Develop. And I don’t understand why people create false narratives about VV and Siakam being Jealous of Scottie. I’m sure VV and Siakam would love for Scottie to be their KL. They don’t strike me as selfish people.

I also don’t get why people say VV and Siakam don’t fit Scotties timeline. In my opinion Scottie won’t be ready to lead a team to a deep playoff run until maybe year 3 or 4. VV and Siakam will be either 29-30 which is right in the middle of their prime and OG will be entering his. That is the perfect blend of veteran leadership that Scottie and the draft pick from this year is going to need to lead us to a deep run.

I also think that VV next deal will increase slightly as I think he’s a little underpaid based on other salaries and I think Siakam will definitely decrease as he will be older and no longer signing on potential.

I can already see what’s going to happen. This raptors board really is predictable. It doesn’t matter who the lead player is half the board will hate and half will support. This board loves to overrate rookies and when they fail to live up to unrealistic expectations it’s omg dump him asap.

Lowry
Derozan
Valanciunas
VV
Siakam
Norm
Ibaka

All of them at some point or another were once the saviour of the team then became a nightly target on this board. Guess who’s name is next? OG and then I’ll give this board 10 games into Barnes sophomore season before half the board flips on him too.

I’m just not buying the idea of gutting the team.

Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,367

Post#529 » by Saul Goodman » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:15 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:I like the time is a flat circle option of kicking off a new rebuild with a Sacramento trade…

To Sacramento
Ben Simmons

To philly
Pascal siakam

To Toronto
Marvin Bagley
Davion Mitchell
Buddy Hield
2022. Top 3 protected
2024 unprotected

The Kings portion aside;
If there is a world in which the Raps can land Simmons for just Siakam as much as I have been one of the more vocal in the dont for Simmons movement I would do that deal without even involving the Kings.

He would work in Toronto even short term and actually playing would rehabilitate some of his value which I would then parlay later into that grand rebuilding package if that is the direction they opted to go.

Not opposed to simmons but the fit issues would still be there and I’m not sure he would be worth the risk to us attitude wise.
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#530 » by tecumseh18 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:27 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:

To Sacramento
Ben Simmons

To philly
Pascal siakam

To Toronto
Marvin Bagley
Davion Mitchell
Buddy Hield
2022. Top 3 protected
2024 unprotected

The Kings portion aside;

Not opposed to simmons but the fit issues would still be there and I’m not sure he would be worth the risk to us attitude wise.

My objection for the last six months has been that it's stupid to play two non-shooters (Simmons and Scottie) together. But ... this just in ... Scottie can shoot a bit. :reporter:

Now my main concern is whether Simmons' character is what we want here. Thinking back to that Givons' pre-draft piece.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#531 » by Kingsway_fan » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:48 pm

Christian Wood. Thoughts on trading for him?
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#532 » by Morris_Shatford » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:04 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Not opposed to simmons but the fit issues would still be there and I’m not sure he would be worth the risk to us attitude wise.

For Siakam + Value (IE FRPs) I 100% agree.
But if ultimately the Sixers did a straight swap, I would argue a Ben Simmons playing at 80% even with tears streaming his face because he is in Toronto is worth more at the 2022 Draft than Siakam would be.

I don't really want Simmons at all
But in the case of the above where all the Sixers would want is Siakam, I could make myself like the deal :lol:
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#533 » by RonaldArtest » Wed Dec 1, 2021 4:05 am

Siakam+Flynn+Watanabe for Mitchell+Bagley+Barnes

Who says no here?
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,793

Post#534 » by Lord_Zedd » Wed Dec 1, 2021 1:56 pm

RonaldArtest wrote:Siakam+Flynn+Watanabe for Mitchell+Bagley+Barnes

Who says no here?

We do. We're selling low on Siakam while Sacramento is cashing in on Barnes all-star like season and Bagley's inspired play.

maybe if they throw a couple of 1st round picks....
Psubs
RealGM

Post#535 » by Psubs » Wed Dec 1, 2021 2:29 pm

Lord_Zedd wrote:
Psubs wrote:Toronto trades: Chris Boucher and David Johnson

PG FVV - Banton/Flynn
SG Trent - Kemba - Svi
SF OG - Barnes - Yuta

Kemba is cooked. Fact that the Knicks are starving for PG and want to ship him out, says alot.

Edit: Holy crap i didn't think it was this bad for Kemba.....

Read on Twitter

Yes, but I'm fine with him as a SG off the bench and Sims the positional lottery ticket needed more than David Johnson (with Banton showing potential).

For the Knicks they get out of next year's commitment. Raptors get cash so only paying like $5 million, though 8 counts on the cap (but at least expiring).
Psubs
RealGM

Post#536 » by Psubs » Wed Dec 1, 2021 2:33 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:Christian Wood. Thoughts on trading for him?

Would cost too much draft capital. Should've just offered him more money when he was a FA.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#537 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:32 pm

RonaldArtest wrote:Siakam+Flynn+Watanabe for Mitchell+Bagley+Barnes

Who says no here?

I suspect the Raps,

but I guess it depends what direction you are looking to go here;
If you are going to blow up you likely want to go younger for Siakam if you are going for "it" then I would think Siakam is part of a package for a better overall player.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#538 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:35 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:Christian Wood. Thoughts on trading for him?

He is great! The challenge is he isn't quite young enough for a rebuild so he is a guy you grab if you think there is something that can be done over the next season or so.

Downside is you are going to pay a very high price in assets for a very good player on a great deal for the next 1.5 seasons;
Then you are walking into a UFA situation with a then 29 year old who will command a lot of money.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,625

Post#539 » by Bruin » Wed Dec 1, 2021 4:27 pm

I’d trade anyone not named Scottie or OG to bring Hali here. (Pascal)
Read on Twitter
?s=21
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,038

Post#540 » by ItsDanger » Wed Dec 1, 2021 7:14 pm

Truth is, if we stay on this trend, we will have a mid to high lottery pick. This essentially requires a trade of one starter minimum. If our record doesn't improve, expect a trade.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.

Return to Toronto Raptors