ImageImageImageImageImage

2021-22 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,996

Re: 2021-22 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#61 » by DelAbbot » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:29 am

Morris_Shatford wrote:
Rodrickle wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:
I like Poetl's contract for what he potentially provides;
The issue is matching salary.

The deal likely ends up being based around Boucher for Poetl unless somehow a third team rolls in to use Dragic's contract.

Boucher is a much better player than poetl,(although older). Much more impact on the game, especially offensively due to his gravity. Poetl still hasn't learned to shoot. I'd say Boucher's next contract will only be a couple mil more per yr more than Poetls too so don't see the point of trading for him. I think he is what he is offensively at this point

I agree with that.
Prior to the contract that Holmes secured this off-season I would have assumed Boucher would have received far far more than he may ultimately end up with.

If Boucher signs for around 10m-ish this off-season then I would rather retain him;
If there was a fear he would end up with far more I would have leaned towards a younger and cheaper for longer Poetl.

What role would Boucher have on this team next year? The current plan is feature a lineup of 6'8+ guys who can do a bit of everything: dribbling, passing, shooting. Boucher can shoot and do nothing else: no handle, no passing, no post-game. His defense is volatile: gets blocks but miss his rotations. And he is much older than our core.

I think when Siakam comes back, there will be a log jam at the forward spots - Boucher needs to go. We should have sold high on him this past summer. Still have a chance to sell him this trade deadline before his contract ends.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,996

Post#62 » by DelAbbot » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:31 am

PrinceAli wrote:What can we get for Boucher and Dragic?

Really hope neither are on this team past the deadline

Two 2nd rounders each. Maybe a really-late first rounder for Boucher from a contender.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,856

Post#63 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:57 am

We need this guy man. Would be such an amazing fit on this team. Only 25 with so much untapped potential.

A starting lineup of: Barnes (20), FVV (27), OG (24), Siakam (27), Turner (25) :o
And a whole unit full of prospects: Flynn (22), Svi(24), Trent (22), Banton (22), Achiuwa (22)
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Raps1103
Veteran
And1: 3,235

Post#64 » by Raps1103 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:10 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:Give me Poetl over Ayton at fraction the cost.

That makes no sense as Ayton is better than Jakob at everything basketball related

PER wise, Ayton (20.35 on 30 mpg) has an edge on Jak (17.5 on 26 mpg). Both shoot 61-62%, and neither has range. Ayton can make FTs at a 75% clip, Jak is at 50%. Jak blocks a few more shots.

Yes, I'd rather pay Poeltl 8 mill/yr than Ayton the max. Among Cs, only Embiid and Jokic deserve the max. If AD is a C, then him too.

KAT? Sabonis?
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Post#65 » by tecumseh18 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:36 am

Raps1103 wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
That makes no sense as Ayton is better than Jakob at everything basketball related

PER wise, Ayton (20.35 on 30 mpg) has an edge on Jak (17.5 on 26 mpg). Both shoot 61-62%, and neither has range. Ayton can make FTs at a 75% clip, Jak is at 50%. Jak blocks a few more shots.

Yes, I'd rather pay Poeltl 8 mill/yr than Ayton the max. Among Cs, only Embiid and Jokic deserve the max. If AD is a C, then him too.

KAT? Sabonis?

Definitely not Sabonis. He'd have to be a transcendent offensive machine (like Jokic) to overcome his defence. And he's not. Like all Raptors fans, I'd rather have Turner.

KAT ... hmm. It's really hard to tell when the team is a perennial loser. This year will tell the tale. T-Wolves look pretty good. If they can somehow get Simmons for Russell, that defensive presence will really help them, and KAT.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#66 » by Indeed » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:58 am

DelAbbot wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:
Rodrickle wrote:
Boucher is a much better player than poetl,(although older). Much more impact on the game, especially offensively due to his gravity. Poetl still hasn't learned to shoot. I'd say Boucher's next contract will only be a couple mil more per yr more than Poetls too so don't see the point of trading for him. I think he is what he is offensively at this point

I agree with that.
Prior to the contract that Holmes secured this off-season I would have assumed Boucher would have received far far more than he may ultimately end up with.

If Boucher signs for around 10m-ish this off-season then I would rather retain him;
If there was a fear he would end up with far more I would have leaned towards a younger and cheaper for longer Poetl.

What role would Boucher have on this team next year? The current plan is feature a lineup of 6'8+ guys who can do a bit of everything: dribbling, passing, shooting. Boucher can shoot and do nothing else: no handle, no passing, no post-game. His defense is volatile: gets blocks but miss his rotations. And he is much older than our core.

I think when Siakam comes back, there will be a log jam at the forward spots - Boucher needs to go. We should have sold high on him this past summer. Still have a chance to sell him this trade deadline before his contract ends.

Boucher provides offensive rebounding. The lineup against both Boston and Dallas with Boucher at PF, Barnes at SF were amazing, since we put Barnes into success and bully-in. Meanwhile, when we benched Boucher, it was a big issue that we lacked size and length on defense, where we ended up with Banton at SF to make up on it (we defended much better even we weren't scoring, keeping us in the game).

I think we need to have one of Siakam, Barnes or OG at SF, so that we can bully into the paint, and having Boucher at PF allows us to play Barnes at SF full time.
Achiuwa (20)/Birch (20)/Siakam (8)
Siakam (24)/Boucher (20)
Barnes (32)/OG (16)
OG (14)/Trent (20)/Banton (14)
VanVleet (32)/Banton (6)
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Post#67 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:41 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:

We need this guy man. Would be such an amazing fit on this team. Only 25 with so much untapped potential.

A starting lineup of: Barnes (20), FVV (27), OG (24), Siakam (27), Turner (25) :o
And a whole unit full of prospects: Flynn (22), Svi(24), Trent (22), Banton (22), Achiuwa (22)

there is nothing we have that they would want. If I were them I would try to make Sabonis and him work.

and from that group, who is getting traded for him lmao.

at the very minimum, Precious and Trent would be a starting package of a discussion. would probably want OG or Siakam too.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
h4rrison
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,102

Post#68 » by h4rrison » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:08 am

We need a pass first PG.. Fred is a scorer and plays best off the ball. Simmons would be perfect on this time but I'd only be comfortable losing GTJ..

Would philly take GTJ, Flynn, Dragic + 2 unprotected picks for Simmons?
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#69 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:27 am

h4rrison wrote:We need a pass first PG.. Fred is a scorer and plays best off the ball. Simmons would be perfect on this time but I'd only be comfortable losing GTJ..

they'd probably send us Danny Green lmao
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,423

Post#70 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:33 am

h4rrison wrote:We need a pass first PG.. Fred is a scorer and plays best off the ball. Simmons would be perfect on this time but I'd only be comfortable losing GTJ..

Do not want Simmons. Way too much positional overlap between Simmons, Siakam, Barnes and OG.

But we do need a better PG if we plan to get back to contender status. Best PG on the market currently that would fit is Sexton.
h4rrison
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,102

Post#71 » by h4rrison » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:13 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:

Do not want Simmons. Way too much positional overlap between Simmons, Siakam, Barnes and OG.

But we do need a better PG if we plan to get back to contender status. Best PG on the market currently that would fit is Sexton.

Sexton is just a younger version of FVV without the jumpshot
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#72 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:24 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:

:noway: :oops:
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,365

Post#73 » by Saul Goodman » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:39 pm

Dragic and Boucher are clearly not in the future plans so id like to see them moved in something like this

trade 1:

To Chicago:
Boucher
Yuta

To Toronto
Derrick Jones
Portland 2022 1st

Trade 2:

To Toronto
Kevin Knox
Bol Bol
Facundo Campazzo
2023 Washington 2nd
2024 Minnesota 2nd
2022 Charlotte 2nd

To Denver
Goran Dragic

To New York:
Jamychal Green

To OKC
Zeke Nnaji

giving Masai extra picks is always a great idea as we march towards our rebuild/retool.
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#74 » by StopitLeo » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:51 pm

I think things will look a lot better once Pascal returns, but his absence really highlights how we lack a wing scorer (I’m confident Barnes will get there eventually).

Frankly, I don’t see anyone worth trading significant assets for.
C-R-E-A-M-
Senior
And1: 790

Post#75 » by C-R-E-A-M- » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:30 pm

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/10/25/nba-rumors-execs-have-eyes-set-atlanta-hawks-cam-reddish-for-potential-trade/

"What could the price be to acquire Reddish? One executive said that he believes a team would be willing to part with a lottery-protected first-round pick to acquire him.

Given how high of a ceiling he has, there are likely plenty of teams that would be willing to trade away a lottery-protected pick for the chance at adding Reddish to their team."
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,619

Post#76 » by Bruin » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:38 pm

I wonder if Boucher could get us Reddish
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#77 » by skywalker33 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:20 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Dragic and Boucher are clearly not in the future plans so id like to see them moved in something like this

trade 1:

To Chicago:
Boucher
Yuta

To Toronto
Derrick Jones
Portland 2022 1st

Trade 2:

To Toronto
Kevin Knox
Bol Bol
Facundo Campazzo
2023 Washington 2nd
2024 Minnesota 2nd
2022 Charlotte 2nd

To Denver
Goran Dragic

To New York:
Jamychal Green

To OKC
Zeke Nnaji

giving Masai extra picks is always a great idea as we march towards our rebuild/retool.

Dragic doesn't hold that kinda value anymore, even just to match salaries... :lol: Dream On.....one of my favorite Aerosmith songs !!
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,423

Post#78 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:24 am

h4rrison wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:

Sexton is just a younger version of FVV without the jumpshot

And a much better shot creator who can actually get passed his man and finish at the rim

So really not that similar after all
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#79 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:36 am

The three trade targets I would try to get if I was Toronto are Dejounte Murray, Jakob Poeltl and Myles Turner. Both Turner and Jakob Poeltl help Toronto gain legit size up front. Dejounte Murray gives Toronto a guy they could pair very nicely with Gary Trent Jr or Scottie Barnes.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Post#80 » by WeTheNorth123 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:37 am

PrinceAli wrote:I wonder if Boucher could get us Reddish

no way! Reddish has been playing way too good!

Return to Toronto Raptors