ImageImageImageImageImage

Realistic upgrades at C?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Reeko, lebron stopper, Morris_Shatford, DG88, niQ, gojoorange

SunBoy
Sophomore
And1: 121

Re: Realistic upgrades at C? 

Post#221 » by SunBoy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:04 pm

How do people feel about Bol Bol? underplayed in Denver, has some real nice potential, can space the floor... basically boucher 2.0
Johnovision
Ballboy
And1: 18

Post#222 » by Johnovision » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:33 pm

Denver is not parting with Bol Bol whether he asks out or not.

I would sniff around Memphis and whether they would be open to adding Goran to help Ja to preserve him for the playoffs.

Goran for Steven Adams & Brandon Clarke ( no longer in rotations).

This then forces the Mavs hand to make their best final offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 43,834

Post#223 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:41 pm

Precious is already a very good defender and rebounder. Once he sorts out his shot selection (he's been much better since returning), he's going to be Raps starting C of the future.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 13,168

Post#224 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:46 pm

Right now we roll with Birch and Precious, Boucher is long overdue to get DNPs.
FREEDOM RULES
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 34,670

Post#225 » by PhilBlackson » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:10 pm

And1+2 wrote:We are not competing this year even if we get a decent starting C.

It might be our most obvious hole in the roster, but it's not the biggest. Also, most of the suggestions here are hilariously bad and don't move the needle for us.

Patience. We are a few years out, so let's not place a bandaid on a gushing wound.

This.

If anything I'm good with it because it only helps us LONG TERM because we'll have better draft position and that younger core develops YEARS down the line, then you start flipping players to make a real run to contention again.

This current team isn't a C away from changing from wannabe cusp Playoff team to contender. Get one now, we'd likely only jump from a 7-11th seed type of team, to maybe 6-8th seed. I rather forego that for the long term good. About the only C upgrade I'd have is Ayton due to age and contract but ONLY at the cost of Pascal, hell no to anything involving Barnes. Every other C being discussed really won't move the needle that much and definitely not Towns who screams empty stat guy and will cost us Scottie at the minimum only to lose him in a couple of years when the team would be a middling one that doesn't go very far due in part to Towns ain't that guy.
>>>SCOTTIE2HOTTIE<<< Ya Boi Scottie & Gua Gang -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar:
Image TANK4JABARI
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 2,035

Post#226 » by Indeed » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:36 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
And1+2 wrote:We are not competing this year even if we get a decent starting C.

It might be our most obvious hole in the roster, but it's not the biggest. Also, most of the suggestions here are hilariously bad and don't move the needle for us.

Patience. We are a few years out, so let's not place a bandaid on a gushing wound.

This.

If anything I'm good with it because it only helps us LONG TERM because we'll have better draft position and that younger core develops YEARS down the line, then you start flipping players to make a real run to contention again.

This current team isn't a C away from changing from wannabe cusp Playoff team to contender. Get one now, we'd likely only jump from a 7-11th seed type of team, to maybe 6-8th seed. I rather forego that for the long term good. About the only C upgrade I'd have is Ayton due to age and contract but ONLY at the cost of Pascal, hell no to anything involving Barnes. Every other C being discussed really won't move the needle that much and definitely not Towns who screams empty stat guy and will cost us Scottie at the minimum only to lose him in a couple of years when the team would be a middling one that doesn't go very far due in part to Towns ain't that guy.

I don't even think we have a long term plan in resolving our C issue since last year.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 2,035

Post#227 » by Indeed » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:39 pm

Johnovision wrote:Denver is not parting with Bol Bol whether he asks out or not.

I would sniff around Memphis and whether they would be open to adding Goran to help Ja to preserve him for the playoffs.

Goran for Steven Adams & Brandon Clarke ( no longer in rotations).

This then forces the Mavs hand to make their best final offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I don't see why Denver is trading Bol Bol away when he is the only backup.

Washington with 3 Cs may have to make a decision. They extended Gafford, Harrell is a RFA, and they have injured Bryant who is a RFA as well.

Return to Toronto Raptors