ImageImageImageImageImage

FVV on All The Smoke

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

alfie123
Starter
And1: 1,130

FVV on All The Smoke 

Post#1 » by alfie123 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:19 pm

Love seeing Freddie get some love.
Dude is a legit starting PG and tough as hell.

ILIKEBASKETSBALL
Airball Salmons
Rookie
And1: 765

Re: FVV on All The Smoke 

Post#2 » by Airball Salmons » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:05 pm

Thanks for sharing, FVV is legit
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 20,944

Post#3 » by Chandan » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:19 pm

ewww for going on that show.\
Sjax and Matt barnes are clowns
bbalnation
Sixth Man
And1: 954

Post#4 » by bbalnation » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:56 pm

Chandan wrote:ewww for going on that show.\
Sjax and Matt barnes are clowns

Uh? Versus what shows? Hearing the "professional" opinion of non athletes or people who haven't played at an NBA level? Their perspective goes beyond x's and o's (which they also objectively have more experience in), that's the point.

They may have their personal lives, past mistakes, attitudes, characteristics, etc. but who doesn't? I appreciate their candor personally. Calling anybody a clown as you hide behind your keyboard on an alias is questionable behavior at best.

Sjax has gone through a lot in the last couple years, and hes used his platform & trauma to drive positive social change for Black people (and people in general) in America.

Don't get me wrong. Non-NBA player analysts have a role too. But they've taken up far too much space, and recklessly, partly by insulting any player who tries to speak their minds. That's why I appreciate respectful analysts like Zach Lowe and Will Lou, who bring insight, humor and a sense of collaboration with the people they're speaking with.

Caught this before. Thanks for sharing OP. Fred is a real one.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,682

Post#5 » by Basketball_Jones » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:00 pm

I know people already have an issue with Fred’s me first mentality, but it’s only going to balloon. He’s probably going to make the all star team. Well deserved imo if he keeps this up.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,257

Post#6 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:12 pm

Man its real interesting that he knows the contract dollars weren't enough, but he was not about to risk generations of his family by playing hardball. Got to admit... I would just take it too.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,655

Post#7 » by johanliebert » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:29 pm

An interview from the practice facility just illustrates his work ethic.
F22_Raptor
Sixth Man
And1: 3,458

Post#8 » by F22_Raptor » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:42 pm

Haven't seen alot praise for our champ PG in a minute so here's a prime image to honour the new Raps leader.
F22_Raptor
Sixth Man
And1: 3,458

Post#9 » by F22_Raptor » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:48 pm

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nba/news/fred-vanvleet-fined-sam-cassell-celebration/xchdy6ymv9251v38jmi0x0efm

Read on Twitter

Fred should do this celebration after each game winning 3. Would be worth the fine$.
maternal85
Sixth Man
And1: 1,692

Post#10 » by maternal85 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:37 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:Man its real interesting that he knows the contract dollars weren't enough, but he was not about to risk generations of his family by playing hardball. Got to admit... I would just take it too.

That's his perspective. His contract is fine. Anything more would be an overpayment. Players are more aware of a Noel or Dennis situation now. The 80 million dollars is better than the 4 or so Dennis is currently making. Also he signed a 2 year 18 million dollar contract prior to his current contract. His generational wealth was already secured. Don't know what he's talking about.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,655

Post#11 » by johanliebert » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:55 pm

maternal85 wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:Man its real interesting that he knows the contract dollars weren't enough, but he was not about to risk generations of his family by playing hardball. Got to admit... I would just take it too.

That's his perspective. His contract is fine. Anything more would be an overpayment. Players are more aware of a Noel or Dennis situation now. The 80 million dollars is better than the 4 or so Dennis is currently making. Also he signed a 2 year 18 million dollar contract prior to his current contract. His generational wealth was already secured. Don't know what he's talking about.

That’s your opinion and dennis is underpaid.
KingSebastian
Rookie
And1: 1,211

Post#12 » by KingSebastian » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:40 pm

maternal85 wrote:

18mil is far from generational wealth

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst
And1: 4,097

Post#13 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:46 pm

KingSebastian wrote:
maternal85 wrote:

Yeah, if u spend it like Floyd Mayweather… or all these rappers. bro 18m is good enough for a lifetime if ur smart. U can grow from that 18m. So I consider it generational wealth too.
114-110... "Curry lets it fly...CANADA THE NBA TITLE IS YOURS."
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,257

Post#14 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:59 pm

KingSebastian wrote:
maternal85 wrote:

Fred is underpaid. Period. And yeah 18 isn't because its not 18 at the end.

And yes its better than the 4 which Schroeder makes which is the risk of waiting until there is no cap space or demand left, which was dumb/risky/greedy.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,735

Post#15 » by Dennis 37 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:06 pm

F22_Raptor wrote:Image

Haven't seen alot praise for our champ PG in a minute so here's a prime image to honour the new Raps leader.

We often criticize our best players the most. That's not a bad thing.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,518

Post#16 » by mdenny » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:09 pm

alfie123 wrote:Love seeing Freddie get some love.
Dude is a legit starting PG and tough as hell.

Great interview. Fave raptor of all time. Alvin Williams second.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,735

Post#17 » by Dennis 37 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:18 pm

KingSebastian wrote:
maternal85 wrote:

Generational wealth doesn't have to mean one's grandchildren do not have to work. Having parents and/or grandparents, who can help out with college tuition and a down-payment on a house, is generational wealth.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
CANsportsguru
Pro Prospect
And1: 522

Post#18 » by CANsportsguru » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:04 pm

For this team to succeed he needs to defer more, specially early game. He needs to initiate the offense.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,119

Post#19 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:19 pm

ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:
KingSebastian wrote:
maternal85 wrote:

Yeah, if u spend it like Floyd Mayweather… or all these rappers. bro 18m is good enough for a lifetime if ur smart. U can grow from that 18m. So I consider it generational wealth too.

"if ur smart" is the big caveat with most NBA players, with their families, posses and hangers-on. But Fred strikes me as one of the minority who IS smart enough not to go broke in retirement.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
maternal85
Sixth Man
And1: 1,692

Post#20 » by maternal85 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:54 pm

johanliebert wrote:
maternal85 wrote:

That’s your opinion and dennis is underpaid.

He's underpaid because he turned down 18 million dollars. Fred wasn't going to let that happen to him. That's my point.

Return to Toronto Raptors