ImageImageImageImageImage

Precious

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Re: Precious 

Post#121 » by will » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:17 pm

Since coming back, Previous has been vastly improved from the start of the season Previous.

He still gives us moments of comedy, but overall, there has been improvement from him on both sides of the floor.

Looks like he and Senior finally figured out that pick n roll thing.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,880

Post#122 » by agkagk » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:42 pm

Looked good last night — might have been his best all around game as a raptor!

Regarding his troubles finishing at the rim, he doesn’t seem to have much lift. Has there been any talk of him having a lingering injury or is his vertical just a weakness?
youngRAPZ
Senior
And1: 456

Post#123 » by youngRAPZ » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:47 pm

agkagk wrote:Looked good last night — might have been his best all around game as a raptor!

Regarding his troubles finishing at the rim, he doesn’t seem to have much lift. Has there been any talk of him having a lingering injury or is his vertical just a weakness?

I’d still say that Memphis game was his best of the season but I’ll admit this was a close second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ParadoxJ
Junior
And1: 346

Post#124 » by ParadoxJ » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:56 pm

Needs to learn passketball. That missed pass to shammy to brick over two defenders was low bbiq
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,154

Post#125 » by PoundTown » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:16 pm

He's coming along slowly, but there is some signs of improvement. I imagine the plan is to wait to see what he becomes throughout his rookie contract. He is looking to pass a bit more on his drives, and losing the tunnel vision I imagine is a bit of a point of emphasis with him. The ball moved well last night.
will
RealGM
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#126 » by will » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:29 pm

PoundTown wrote:He's coming along slowly, but there is some signs of improvement. I imagine the plan is to wait to see what he becomes throughout his rookie contract. He is looking to pass a bit more on his drives, and losing the tunnel vision I imagine is a bit of a point of emphasis with him. The ball moved well last night.

First off, that is a crazy screen name :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pause.

Second, Previous have improved immensely the past few weeks. He ain't rushing things every time he touches the ball. He still panacs at times, but its a stark contract from early this season.

His J actually looks really fluid. Would like to see him get a bit more consistent with it, especially in situations where he is setting the screen with Senior. He has gotten better with dunking on the roll/'oop from Senior.

Next, once he gets the mid-range J down on the pick n pop, Previous can be really fun to watch.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#127 » by alienchild » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:56 pm

Your insistence on calling him Previous is rather insulting to him as person.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
will
RealGM

Post#128 » by will » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:59 pm

alienchild wrote:Your insistence on calling him Previous is rather insulting to him as person.

Someone else came up with it.

Your insistence on following me (on a message board) is somewhat...uh...strange.
will
RealGM

Post#129 » by will » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:09 pm

agkagk wrote:Looked good last night — might have been his best all around game as a raptor!

He does have some spring in his leap though. He does get up.

At times - especially RIGHT under the hoop, his spatial sense and awareness is either off or he simply is not 100% confident in going straight up (through contact) and finishing.

Looking for the clean perfect opportunity, but that doesn't exist too often.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#130 » by alienchild » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:14 pm

will wrote:
alienchild wrote:Your insistence on calling him Previous is rather insulting to him as person.

Your insistence on following me (on a message board) is somewhat...uh...strange.

It's a message board. Everything gets shown. Good and bad. Smart posts and spam.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,415

Post#131 » by Tha Cynic » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:15 pm

I don't understand why people don't like this guy.

He's great defensively and it looks like he's willing to adapt his game. If people remember this guy used to make terrible decisions like Svi when the season started. He would never kick the ball out. Now he has learned to hold back and play within himself more.

The one thing that he really needs to work is finishing inside but that seems to be something that should come pretty easily with reps. He's eventually going to start knocking down mid range jumpers consistently as well.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
will
RealGM

Post#132 » by will » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:17 pm

alienchild wrote:
will wrote:

It's a message board. Everything gets shown. Good and bad. Smart posts and spam.

Yeah. So let me get my ish off and keep it moving, bayyybeeee.
will
RealGM

Post#133 » by will » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:19 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:I don't understand why people don't like this guy.

He's great defensively and it looks like he's willing to adapt his game. If people remember this guy used to make terrible decisions like Svi when the season started. He would never kick the ball out. Now he has learned to hold back and play within himself more.

The one thing that he really needs to work is finishing inside but that seems to be something that should come pretty easily with reps. He's eventually going to start knocking down mid range jumpers consistently as well.

Yep. It looks like Previous has slowed down and is processing the game. Seeing less panac from him, as he looks like he is making a greater effort to survey things first, before making a move with the rock in his hands.

Once that mid-range J is down pat...look out.
Young Moosehead
Veteran
And1: 4,025

Post#134 » by Young Moosehead » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:24 pm

will wrote:

Yeah it is entirely based off of an auto-correct mistake from some poster in one of the summer league threads.

Funny enough, my wife and I have been calling each other "previous" for years now when we text as an inside joke because of the exact same error.

Alienchild, relax.
“It’s like being the ugly step child… I’m 6’9 in my heart.” - FVV
will
RealGM

Post#135 » by will » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:25 pm

Young Moosehead wrote:
will wrote:

Yeah it is entirely based off of an auto-correct mistake from some poster in one of the summer league threads.

Funny enough, my wife and I have been calling each other "previous" for years now when we text as an inside joke because of the exact same error.

Alienchild, relax.

Calling your wife 'previous' in real life is amazing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Salute to you and your lady!
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#136 » by Asif16 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:37 pm

I think it's pretty clear that the Tools and Build (body-wise) are there. But the dude lacks IQ. Like he's dumb as bricks.

Precious is one of those players who would benefit extremely from an intense film session. The man needs to learn the game of team basektball. He make's stupid decisions
will
RealGM

Post#137 » by will » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:45 pm

Asif16 wrote:I think it's pretty clear that the Tools and Build (body-wise) are there. But the dude lacks IQ. Like he's dumb as bricks.

Precious is one of those players who would benefit extremely from an intense film session. The man needs to learn the game of team basektball. He make's stupid decisions

Running the fast break with Father BOoShay is always a fun watch.

As well as when he grabs the defense board and sprints up the court with the rock :lol:
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#138 » by Asif16 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:46 pm

will wrote:
Asif16 wrote:I think it's pretty clear that the Tools and Build (body-wise) are there. But the dude lacks IQ. Like he's dumb as bricks.

As well as when he grabs the defense board and sprints up the court with the rock :lol:

The man needs to watch Youtube tutorials on how play Basketball 101. His brain don't match his body
will
RealGM

Post#139 » by will » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:48 pm

Asif16 wrote:
will wrote:

The man needs to watch Youtube tutorials on how play Basketball 101. His brain don't match his body

Gotta cut Previous a bit of slack here. Big learning curve for him. He hasn't been playing hoops for a long time. Come to think of it, the youtube thing won't be any worse than what he has shown at times on the floor :lol: :lol: :lol:
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,578

Post#140 » by mdenny » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:56 pm

Alot of ppl don't wanna hear it...but i don't think our FO feels any need to pursue a C. We have birch and precious locked in for less than a combine 10 milly per season for the next 3 years. That's the C rotation and i don't think it will change.

Return to Toronto Raptors