ImageImageImageImageImage

Embedded Tweets

Moderators: 7 Footer, Reeko, lebron stopper, Morris_Shatford, DG88, niQ, gojoorange

Jtoneller1
Sophomore
Posts: 125
And1: 50
Joined: Feb 12, 2012

Embedded Tweets 

Post#1 » by Jtoneller1 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:02 pm

Posted tweets are no longer embedded in the thread for me. Obviously, this is super annoying to have to go to another source for updates or parse what the tweet says based on others reactions. I don't have Twitter currently but it worked fine without it for years. Anybody else seeing this? Any advice to get it to work again?

Sent from my SM-A705W using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Raps in 4
RealGM
Posts: 52,553
And1: 41,455
Joined: Nov 01, 2008
Location: Toronto
 

Re: Embedded Tweets 

Post#2 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:06 pm

They still work for me. Try a different browser. It could be a setting in your adblocker too that is blocking them.
planetmars
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,258
And1: 972
Joined: Jun 15, 2018

Re: Embedded Tweets 

Post#3 » by planetmars » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:38 pm

I have a problem seeing tweets on the mobile app.. which has become super annoying.
Jtoneller1
Sophomore
Posts: 125
And1: 50
Joined: Feb 12, 2012

Re: Embedded Tweets 

Post#4 » by Jtoneller1 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:52 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:They still work for me. Try a different browser. It could be a setting in your adblocker too that is blocking them.
I'm using the app. It used to be the odd tweet but now it's every single one.

Sent from my SM-A705W using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Raps in 4
RealGM
Posts: 52,553
And1: 41,455
Joined: Nov 01, 2008
Location: Toronto
 

Re: Embedded Tweets 

Post#5 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:53 pm

Jtoneller1 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:They still work for me. Try a different browser. It could be a setting in your adblocker too that is blocking them.
I'm using the app. It used to be the odd tweet but now it's every single one.

Sent from my SM-A705W using RealGM mobile app


If you're using the RealGM app, switch to the latest version of Tapatalk instead.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
Posts: 11,700
And1: 16,711
Joined: Oct 14, 2018

Re: Embedded Tweets 

Post#6 » by Tor_Raps » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:54 pm

Ya it's been happening to me but it's not only this website. Its happening on other message boards too.

BUT when I use Chrome, everything works as expected. Sadly I hate using Chrome because the popups on this site are unbearable.
dgr81
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,931
And1: 7,403
Joined: Feb 07, 2004
 

Re: Embedded Tweets 

Post#7 » by dgr81 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:17 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:BUT when I use Chrome, everything works as expected. Sadly I hate using Chrome because the popups on this site are unbearable.

use an adblocker
User avatar
Indeed
RealGM
Posts: 17,647
And1: 2,035
Joined: Aug 21, 2009

Re: Embedded Tweets 

Post#8 » by Indeed » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:05 pm

dgr81 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:BUT when I use Chrome, everything works as expected. Sadly I hate using Chrome because the popups on this site are unbearable.

use an adblocker


Use NoScript.
User avatar
LegenW84ITBOBBY
Sophomore
Posts: 163
And1: 302
Joined: Jul 03, 2019
 

Re: Embedded Tweets 

Post#9 » by LegenW84ITBOBBY » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:19 am

Yea same with YouTube

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
toronto00
Sophomore
Posts: 154
And1: 190
Joined: Feb 18, 2017

Re: Embedded Tweets 

Post#10 » by toronto00 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:03 pm

Same here using the app - stopped working all of a sudden few weeks ago

Sent from my SM-N975W using RealGM mobile app

Return to Toronto Raptors