ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2022 Draft Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Re: Official 2022 Draft Thread 

Post#461 » by Indeed » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:03 am

21 - Griffin
5 - Banchero
15 - Williams
0 - Moore
1 - Keels

22 - Butler
4 - Mills (2024?)
[Not sure who else people would be interested]

Indeed
RealGM

Post#462 » by Indeed » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:21 am

Kevin Willis wrote:
Indeed wrote:With Shaedon Sharpe, I think this year's draft is as deep as last year.

That might be pushing it. Last year's draft produced talent well into second round. Kessler Edwards - remember him - he's even producing for the Nets.

I think you can still find productive players in the 2nd round this year. Mike Miles, Jordan Hall, Julian Strawther, Hyunjung Lee, etc.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,713

Post#463 » by Ell Curry » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:03 am

Indeed wrote:Anyone watched John Bulter from the Florida State?
7'1 with 7'3 wingspan and shooting 40% from 3s, got a handle for transition. I think like Barnes, Florida States has him defending guards.

Immediately stood out as a Masai type to me upon watching him, just like Eason’s stat line did when I realized his shooting has improved from horrid to meh and he’s a top 3 player in the country by advanced stats and seems like he’d be a Yuta/Bantin/Bonga type but maybe a starting level guy.
Where's the D?
Karanpal
Sophomore
And1: 112

Post#464 » by Karanpal » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:18 pm

Micheal foster Jr looks real interesting . Easily the best and most consistent player on the gleague squad. Putting up solid numbers and is very young I think he can easily come in a be piece off the bench
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,621

Post#465 » by Psubs » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:50 pm

Karanpal wrote:Micheal foster Jr looks real interesting . Easily the best and most consistent player on the gleague squad. Putting up solid numbers and is very young I think he can easily come in a be piece off the bench

Before the season started he was being mocked in the top 10. He's like a Wendell Carter Jr level prospect.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#466 » by Indeed » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:00 pm

Psubs wrote:
Karanpal wrote:Micheal foster Jr looks real interesting . Easily the best and most consistent player on the gleague squad. Putting up solid numbers and is very young I think he can easily come in a be piece off the bench

Before the season started he was being mocked in the top 10. He's like a Wendell Carter Jr level prospect.

Except his wingspan being 6'11 instead of 7'5 in Carter Jr.
I think he will be mostly a PF.
Ell Curry
Head Coach

Post#467 » by Ell Curry » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:05 pm

Caleb Houstan starting to look okay. He's a great fit off the bench for us as a long shooter, but can't see him going in the 15-22 range we'll presumably be picking. But I can still see him coming out even to be a 2nd rounder because he might have been so set on it before the year. If we trade down to get Memphis' 2 late firsts or Orlando or Cleveland's 2 very high 2nds or OKC's last pick of the 1st round and high 2nd, or some deadline deal happens (Dragic and our 1st for Gary Harris and Orlando's 31st pick, say) then maybe he's an option again.

Diabate is still the more exciting prospect though. He's raw but great activity level and body and flashes of skill and might fill out enough to play center.
Where's the D?
Ell Curry
Head Coach

Post#468 » by Ell Curry » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:09 pm

It's annoying the 905 doesn't play the G-League ignite. I want to go see the prospects and be mad when we don't draft one and then Masai prove correct again.
Where's the D?
Indeed
RealGM

Post#469 » by Indeed » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:47 pm

Ell Curry wrote:

It's annoying the 905 doesn't play the G-League ignite. I want to go see the prospects and be mad when we don't draft one and then Masai prove correct again.

Indeed, I really want to see how the other Ignite prospects do against our team, but there is no schedule this year.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#470 » by Indeed » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:49 pm

Ell Curry wrote:Caleb Houstan starting to look okay. He's a great fit off the bench for us as a long shooter, but can't see him going in the 15-22 range we'll presumably be picking. But I can still see him coming out even to be a 2nd rounder because he might have been so set on it before the year. If we trade down to get Memphis' 2 late firsts or Orlando or Cleveland's 2 very high 2nds or OKC's last pick of the 1st round and high 2nd, or some deadline deal happens (Dragic and our 1st for Gary Harris and Orlando's 31st pick, say) then maybe he's an option again.

Diabate is still the more exciting prospect though. He's raw but great activity level and body and flashes of skill and might fill out enough to play center.

I am looking at him as well. I want to see if he can add some ball handling and passing ability, otherwise, he is limited as a 3&D prospect.

As for getting another pick, I think it will be Boucher. Hopefully a late 1st or high 2nd.
Ell Curry
Head Coach

Post#471 » by Ell Curry » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:05 pm

Indeed wrote:
Ell Curry wrote:Caleb Houstan starting to look okay. He's a great fit off the bench for us as a long shooter, but can't see him going in the 15-22 range we'll presumably be picking. But I can still see him coming out even to be a 2nd rounder because he might have been so set on it before the year. If we trade down to get Memphis' 2 late firsts or Orlando or Cleveland's 2 very high 2nds or OKC's last pick of the 1st round and high 2nd, or some deadline deal happens (Dragic and our 1st for Gary Harris and Orlando's 31st pick, say) then maybe he's an option again.

I am looking at him as well. I want to see if he can add some ball handling and passing ability, otherwise, he is limited as a 3&D prospect.

As for getting another pick, I think it will be Boucher. Hopefully a late 1st or high 2nd.

I'm starting to think we won't deal Boucher. Someone should have traded a late first or high 2nd for him last year and gotten 2 playoffs out of him. We might value his bird rights over a 2nd rounder. Not sure there's a pick above 42 (Minnesota) in that round that really makes sense unless it's a 3 way deal. Or a Powell for Trent style deal in which we get a young player we like.

My guess is if Boucher gets deal it's a bigger deal with Dragic's contract or something.
Where's the D?
Psubs
RealGM

Post#472 » by Psubs » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:32 am

Maybe he stays at Michigan for his 2nd year like Franz Wagner did.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,025

Post#473 » by NotMyKawhi » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:26 am

comparing this years draft to last years?

I'd say its close

Cade, Green, Mobley, suggs and barnes
Smith, Chet, Paolo, ivey, sharpe

I think last years has a better top 5 by a little bit but this years is deeper
Psubs
RealGM

Post#474 » by Psubs » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:01 am

NotMyKawhi wrote:comparing this years draft to last years?

I'd say its close

Cade, Green, Mobley, suggs and barnes
Smith, Chet, Paolo, ivey, sharpe

I think last years has a better top 5 by a little bit but this years is deeper

Ya, the rest of this year's lottery has almost triple the potential 1 and done prospects as last season.
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,147

Post#475 » by PoundTown » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:36 am

Anyone else all aboard the Tari Eason bandwagon?
Great handle for his sizel, length and that jump shot is coming. Seems like a masai type pick.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#476 » by Psubs » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:58 am

PoundTown wrote:Anyone else all aboard the Tari Eason bandwagon?
Great handle for his sizel, length and that jump shot is coming. Seems like a masai type pick.

Eason's A/T is < 0.5.

Would rather go with Nikola Jovic. Could he be like Toni Kukoc?

NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,025

Post#477 » by NotMyKawhi » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:36 am

love his game

I also like Agbaji. I know he's old but he's been amazing this year and his shooting %s are off the chart
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,164

Post#478 » by God Squad » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:08 am

Psubs wrote:

Eason's A/T is < 0.5.

Would rather go with Nikola Jovic. Could he be like Toni Kukoc?

While I like Jovic, he looks like he's going to be a turnstile on defense. That's probably my biggest concern with him, and I'm sure with everyone else (hence his draft stock). He's impressive though. Tari Eason does seem like a Masai pick though, maybe more than others in our range.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,164

Post#479 » by God Squad » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:18 am

Guys I like in our range. My Tiers ATM

T1
Johnny Davis
Tari Eason

T2
PBJ (Patrick Baldwin)
Mark Williams
Jeremy Sochan
Nikola Jovic
Jaden Hardy
Jalen Duren

T3
JD Davidson
MarJon Beauchamp

My tiers are subject to change obviously. I like Benedict Mathurin and AJ but figure they're firmly out of our range. I'm not sure how I feel about Kendall Brown after initially being so high on him. He's just been straight up underwhelming after the promising start he had. He's definitely a guy who seen his draft stock take a massive hit.

All in all I don't see a massive talent gap between the guys who should be available in T2.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#480 » by Indeed » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:40 pm

Psubs wrote:

Maybe he stays at Michigan for his 2nd year like Franz Wagner did.

With his ability to shoot, I think he will be a first round pick, so I am not sure he wants to go back to school, hopefully he makes the best decision for his career.

Didn't really watch him before, I think he was limited to a 3 point shooter from what I watched, but seems to have a mid-range game.
His finishing at the rim seems to be in the work, but his height and wingspan shouldn't limit him.
Got a bit of a handle, and wish to see him show more on his decision making.

Return to Toronto Raptors