ImageImageImageImageImage

Breaking News: MLSE allowing 1k fans but with no tickets sold

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,954

Re: Breaking News: MLSE allowing 1k fans but with no tickets sold 

Post#281 » by ATLTimekeeper » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:31 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:Your empty Danforth pub to the person living in pain because their surgery is postponed is the trade-off here.

Two words (I mentioned them in Point 1): Vaccine. Mandates.

Granted, Ford wouldn't implement those in million years, which only increases their attractiveness to me. So we have to deal with the (stupid) scenario in which they are (stupidly) not implemented - except for hockey practice, gyms and sit-down restaurants. :banghead:

I get it, the lack of manpower owing to Omicron is an issue, whether in schools or in hospitals. Sure, wait two weeks. But what do we realistically expect to be different two weeks from now? (BTW: this is the exact question I was asking two weeks ago.)

Elongates the curve, gives more time for people to get boosters, kids to get their Pfizer shot (time for them to kick in, etc.). We can see that 4 weeks off has started to flatten the curve, two more weeks is two more weeks of that.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,360

Post#282 » by MadDogSHWA » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:16 pm

youngRAPZ wrote:Question for all you vaccine mandate supporters. If you went in to the hospital for non COVID surgery who would you rather operate on you? A non vaxxed confirmed negative dr. Or a vaccinated confirmed positive dr. I just find it funny how someone who was seen as a hero 2 years ago is now demonized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would prefer the confirmed positive because I don't want surgery from a Dr who is anti-science.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
akakalakin
Sixth Man
And1: 245

Post#283 » by akakalakin » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:24 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:Question for all you vaccine mandate supporters. If you went in to the hospital for non COVID surgery who would you rather operate on you? A non vaxxed confirmed negative dr. Or a vaccinated confirmed positive dr. I just find it funny how someone who was seen as a hero 2 years ago is now demonized.

I would prefer the confirmed positive because I don't want surgery from a Dr who is anti-science.

World health just joined the Euro's saying booster would compromise immune system, and Pfizer CEO said Omicron vaccine not available until March or for us regular people much later?

So which doctor exactly is correct now?
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,802

Post#284 » by Quattro » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:26 pm

That’s a trick question. There is a rigorous education and training requirement in place to become a doctor that weeds out stupid, unintelligent people who go to Facebook or some other internet cesspool for advice on vaccine safety. Therefore, there should be no such thing as an “unvaxxed doctor”.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,802

Post#285 » by Quattro » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:31 pm

akakalakin wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:

World health just joined the Euro's saying booster would compromise immune system, and Pfizer CEO said Omicron vaccine not available until March or for us regular people much later?

They’re talking about frequent boosters (every 4 months), they said it “may” weaken people suggesting more study is needed (which makes sense since nobody is on a 4 month booster timeline right now), and their recommendation was annual boosters timed with the onset of flu season like we have for the flu.
akakalakin
Sixth Man
And1: 245

Post#286 » by akakalakin » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:37 pm

Quattro wrote:
akakalakin wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:

They’re talking about frequent boosters (every 4 months), they said it “may” weaken people suggesting more study is needed (which makes sense since nobody is on a 4 month booster timeline right now), and their recommendation was annual boosters timed with the onset of flu season like we have for the flu.

Dr Moore said eighty days in this afternoon's presser.
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#287 » by Madhouse » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:22 am

WuTang_OG wrote:FYI

My Scotiabank contact told me few days ago by Jan 26 restaurants and fans back in at 50% capacity. Likely gyms too - thank goodness.

I'm not too sure yet. I see them extending it.
youngRAPZ
Senior
And1: 456

Post#288 » by youngRAPZ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:32 am

Quattro wrote:

That’s a trick question. There is a rigorous education and training requirement in place to become a doctor that weeds out stupid, unintelligent people who go to Facebook or some other internet cesspool for advice on vaccine safety. Therefore, there should be no such thing as an “unvaxxed doctor”.

Did they not fire a ton of health professionals from hospitals because they were not vaccinated?

SuppaSlick
Junior
And1: 346

Post#289 » by SuppaSlick » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:57 am

youngRAPZ wrote:
Quattro wrote:

Did they not fire a ton of health professionals from hospitals because they were not vaccinated?

The bunch your referencing are health care professionals

Health care professionals do not equal doctors

Doctors require university and Med school. Health workers require a college course at minimum
youngRAPZ
Senior

Post#290 » by youngRAPZ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:23 am

SuppaSlick wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:
Quattro wrote:

Doctors require university and Med school. Health workers require a college course at minimum

So you are telling me there has not been 1 doctor or nurse that is unvaccinated against COVID-19. You people are so dense it’s not even funny.

Anyways continue being in the same boat as the people you blame. The FACT is, both vaccinated and unvaccinated can catch, spread, be hospitalized and die from COVID. And judging by the fact you vaccinated can’t even gather without spreading it amongst yourselves like wildfire hence no raptors games and no indoor dining for you as well .

Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,077

Post#291 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:31 am

Madhouse wrote:

My Scotiabank contact told me few days ago by Jan 26 restaurants and fans back in at 50% capacity. Likely gyms too - thank goodness.

Ya it sounded like they weren't sure on what will happen on January 26th. I think they'll look at the trend over the next week or so before making a decision.

Personally, open the F up lol.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,418

Post#292 » by WuTang_OG » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:59 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
Madhouse wrote:

Ya it sounded like they weren't sure on what will happen on January 26th. I think they'll look at the trend over the next week or so before making a decision.

Things can change but for my contact to say they opening they must know. Mlse first to know these things from province.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,077

Post#293 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:11 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Madhouse wrote:

Things can change but for my contact to say they opening they must know. Mlse first to know these things from province.

Hope you're right man. I'm doing crap all right now. Only so much TV a man can watch lol.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,826

Post#294 » by Los_29 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:22 am

youngRAPZ wrote:
SuppaSlick wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:Did they not fire a ton of health professionals from hospitals because they were not vaccinated?

So you are telling me there has not been 1 doctor or nurse that is unvaccinated against COVID-19. You people are so dense it’s not even funny.

Anyways continue being in the same boat as the people you blame. The FACT is, both vaccinated and unvaccinated can catch, spread, be hospitalized and die from COVID. And judging by the fact you vaccinated can’t even gather without spreading it amongst yourselves like wildfire hence no raptors games and no indoor dining for you as well .

Well 99% of doctors are fully vaccinated. Sure there are some morons that slip through the cracks or have medical exemptions but make no mistake about it, the vast majority of doctors are fully vaccinated. The “doctors” that you get your information from online are also fully vaccinated.

So if anyone is dense it’s the people that choose to listen to hacks on Joe Rogan’s podcast and Infowars as opposed to medical experts.

The fact you still talk about how vaccinated people can still get covid but ignore the fact that the unvaccinated are way more likely to get hospitalized and die from covid is shocking. It’s like you are blatantly choosing to ignore facts.
youngRAPZ
Senior

Post#295 » by youngRAPZ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:27 am

Los_29 wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:
SuppaSlick wrote:The bunch your referencing are health care professionals

Well 99% of doctors are fully vaccinated. Sure there are some morons that slip through the cracks or have medical exemptions but make no mistake about it, the vast majority of doctors are fully vaccinated. The “doctors” that you get your information from online are also fully vaccinated.

So if anyone is dense it’s the people that choose to listen to hacks on Joe Rogan’s podcast and Infowars as opposed to medical experts.

The fact you still talk about how vaccinated people can still get covid but ignore the fact that the unvaccinated are way more likely to get hospitalized and die from covid is shocking. It’s like you are blatantly choosing to ignore facts.

Hey man like I’ve said numerous amounts of times, I do not tell people they shouldn’t take the vaccine. My point is why are there mandates when vaccinated can spread the virus and so can unvaccinated? If your only argument is unvaccinated are over filling icu then there’s no point in me continuing this conversation.

Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,826

Post#296 » by Los_29 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:30 am

youngRAPZ wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:So you are telling me there has not been 1 doctor or nurse that is unvaccinated against COVID-19. You people are so dense it’s not even funny.

Hey man like I’ve said numerous amounts of times, I do not tell people they shouldn’t take the vaccine. My point is why are there mandates when vaccinated can spread the virus and so can unvaccinated? If your only argument is unvaccinated are over filling icu then there’s no point in me continuing this conversation.

If you’ve done any research then you wouldn’t be asking me that question.
youngRAPZ
Senior

Post#297 » by youngRAPZ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:32 am

Los_29 wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

If you’ve done any research then you wouldn’t be asking me that question.

So since I haven’t done any research, enlighten me please sir.

refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,947

Post#298 » by refshateRaps » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:01 am

Always so black & white vaccinated vs. unvaccinated?

This debate should always be drilled down to age, obesity & other underlying serious comorbidities? These factors truly matter when talking about forced injections on the general public.

Its' bad enough many we're lying about this drug preventing spread & its quick waning properties. In the absence of no long term data these attribute were always known was from the start about this tech. but somehow became 'misinformation'... We really gotta stop this black & white conversation now that the data is overwhelming in the public realm
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,625

Post#299 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:05 am

refshateRaps wrote:Always so black & white vaccinated vs. unvaccinated?

This debate should always be drilled down to age, obesity & other underlying serious comorbidities? This is what matter more in this discussion.

Its' bad enough many we're lying about this drug preventing spread & its quick waning properties. All known from the start but somehow became 'misinformation' but we gotta stop this dumb conversation now that the data is overwhelming in the public realm

Jeez

Every age group with or without comorbidities has seen a significantly smaller proportion of their vaccinated population being hospitalized and dying.

It’s free, very easy to get, takes very little time out of your day to do, and makes you safer as well as not **** up our medical system.

The reason why omicron is spreading is because it spreads asymptomatically a lot better than delta or alpha, which the vaccines actually did a really good job at minimizing the spread of. Not quite as good with omicron.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,947

Post#300 » by refshateRaps » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:17 am

Fairview4Life wrote:
refshateRaps wrote:Always so black & white vaccinated vs. unvaccinated?

This debate should always be drilled down to age, obesity & other underlying serious comorbidities? This is what matter more in this discussion.

Its' bad enough many we're lying about this drug preventing spread & its quick waning properties. All known from the start but somehow became 'misinformation' but we gotta stop this dumb conversation now that the data is overwhelming in the public realm

Jeez

Every age group with or without comorbidities has seen a significantly smaller proportion of their vaccinated population being hospitalized and dying.

It’s free, very easy to get, takes very little time out of your day to do, and make you safer as well as not **** up our medical system.

Age absolutely matters. Obesity matters. As does Comorbidity. We can remove most serious cases in these categories. It is certainly not healthy unvaccinated people clogging up the ICUs.

Vax was suppose to last 6 months according to manufacturers... Now showing only last 2-3 months & not up to date with latest variants. Any data on long term accumulation? Cause that might be a little important here at this stage.

Sadly the ICU capacity & staffing shortages are as big of an issue as the unvaccinated (& increasingly vaccinated) unhealthy people using these resources

As for this 'free' never ending magic potion that those taking are deemed not safe enough to even go the the gym, I personally never put drugs in your body without a good reason. Moreso when I can read what they are capable of initially & understand my risk but like many was forced to choose to keep a job & feed a family or take it. Now been in and out of the hospital for months on end...

Really wish I could've sacrificed an injury to a major organ in my body to atleast prevent spread in others like some tried to peddle. But no. That misinformation that was never flagged, and clearly didn't hold up well.... So now it's on to try to pretend healthy people are clogging up the ICUs & mandate more on people not at any serious risk.

If you want it, take it. No good words for those pushing this black & white convo and pushing mandates upon healthy people at this stage.

Return to Toronto Raptors