ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0

Moderators: 7 Footer, Reeko, lebron stopper, Morris_Shatford, DG88, niQ, gojoorange

mdenny
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,958
And1: 4,200
Joined: Jul 05, 2019
         

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#121 » by mdenny » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:22 am

Kuminga is gonna be a relevant nba player. Dude looks good. Gonna get a chance to shine in this 4th quarter.
Los_29
Veteran
Posts: 2,631
And1: 2,615
Joined: Apr 10, 2021

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#122 » by Los_29 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:33 am

mdenny wrote:Kuminga is gonna be a relevant nba player. Dude looks good. Gonna get a chance to shine in this 4th quarter.


I’m really not liking what I see from him. I like his athleticism and size but he doesn’t contribute in anything. No rebounds, steals, blocks, assists. That’s a really bad sign.
User avatar
HumbleRen
Veteran
Posts: 2,517
And1: 3,022
Joined: Jul 02, 2021
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#123 » by HumbleRen » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:30 am

Memphis is ridiculously deep lol, fantastic job from the Grizzlies. The entire bench are all legit nba players.
User avatar
blastttOFF
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,893
And1: 6,550
Joined: Mar 13, 2007

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#124 » by blastttOFF » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:50 pm

HumbleRen wrote:Memphis is ridiculously deep lol, fantastic job from the Grizzlies. The entire bench are all legit nba players.


Really love Desmond Bane, huge mistake to pass up on him. One thing he's is I can confirm, he's not afraid lol

User avatar
Psubs
RealGM
Posts: 13,380
And1: 8,698
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Toronto

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#125 » by Psubs » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:17 pm

Los_29 wrote:
mdenny wrote:Kuminga is gonna be a relevant nba player. Dude looks good. Gonna get a chance to shine in this 4th quarter.


I’m really not liking what I see from him. I like his athleticism and size but he doesn’t contribute in anything. No rebounds, steals, blocks, assists. That’s a really bad sign.


He's like a thicker Andrew Wiggins.
Image
User avatar
Psubs
RealGM
Posts: 13,380
And1: 8,698
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Toronto

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#126 » by Psubs » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:20 pm

The Hawks need to trade for Westbrook.

Kevin Huerter, Gallinari, Capella and cash for Westbrook
Image
User avatar
HumbleRen
Veteran
Posts: 2,517
And1: 3,022
Joined: Jul 02, 2021
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#127 » by HumbleRen » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:33 am

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Ref_from_hell
Starter
Posts: 2,078
And1: 3,716
Joined: Mar 13, 2021
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#128 » by Ref_from_hell » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:40 am

I told my buddy last year that the Hawks were a fluke because of a weird season. I stand by that
DelAbbot wrote:I fcked cheered when Gobert took out GTJ on that screen.

Fck that ballhog

Stay classy TWO
User avatar
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
Posts: 16,706
And1: 16,200
Joined: Jan 22, 2014
     

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#129 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:38 pm




Lol he’s at Heat games rather than Raptors games
User avatar
HumbleRen
Veteran
Posts: 2,517
And1: 3,022
Joined: Jul 02, 2021
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#130 » by HumbleRen » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:58 am

That Simons kid in Portland has that IT factor
User avatar
Johnny Bball
RealGM
Posts: 34,375
And1: 34,536
Joined: Feb 01, 2015
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#131 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:32 pm

Jodie Meeks is on fire.
Los_29
Veteran
Posts: 2,631
And1: 2,615
Joined: Apr 10, 2021

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#132 » by Los_29 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:36 pm

Psubs wrote:The Hawks need to trade for Westbrook.

Kevin Huerter, Gallinari, Capella and cash for Westbrook


That would help solidify their tank. One less team to worry about in the East.
tanuki1031
Pro Prospect
Posts: 920
And1: 1,036
Joined: Jan 26, 2012

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#133 » by tanuki1031 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:51 pm

Of course Casey's Pistons go back to playing like individual and collective doo doo that gives up 135+pts in a 25+pt blow out loss immediately after fathering us.

God damn.
User avatar
Johnny Bball
RealGM
Posts: 34,375
And1: 34,536
Joined: Feb 01, 2015
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#134 » by Johnny Bball » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:53 pm

That is too much snow.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
Posts: 10,558
And1: 8,376
Joined: Oct 17, 2011
Location: #EmbraceTheTreadmill
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#135 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:04 pm

Los_29 wrote:
mdenny wrote:Kuminga is gonna be a relevant nba player. Dude looks good. Gonna get a chance to shine in this 4th quarter.


I’m really not liking what I see from him. I like his athleticism and size but he doesn’t contribute in anything. No rebounds, steals, blocks, assists. That’s a really bad sign.


He's averaging 7 rebounds/1 plus steal per 36. This is not nothing. The points scored to assists given ratio is really bad but he's 19 y/o. I think stuff like that can improve as he developes into a grown man, but not sure. Maybe selfishness is a character trait. It wasn't with derozan though.

He's averaging almost a steal/offensive rebound every 12 minutes. This kid is 19 and is a potential build.
Image

With a record adjusted for fake wins/losses we are 16-12.
Los_29
Veteran
Posts: 2,631
And1: 2,615
Joined: Apr 10, 2021

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#136 » by Los_29 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:25 pm

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
mdenny wrote:Kuminga is gonna be a relevant nba player. Dude looks good. Gonna get a chance to shine in this 4th quarter.


I’m really not liking what I see from him. I like his athleticism and size but he doesn’t contribute in anything. No rebounds, steals, blocks, assists. That’s a really bad sign.


He's averaging 7 rebounds/1 plus steal per 36. This is not nothing. The points scored to assists given ratio is really bad but he's 19 y/o. I think stuff like that can improve as he developes into a grown man, but not sure. Maybe selfishness is a character trait. It wasn't with derozan though.

He's averaging almost a steal/offensive rebound every 12 minutes. This kid is 19 and is a potential build.


Gotta improve his shooting as well.

The problem with Kuminga is his lack of feel for the game. It’s this reason why he likely fell in the draft. A feel for the game is something you just don’t develop. To be a good player in this league he needs to bring a lot more to the table. From what I’ve seen he can’t defend either.

Great athlete though.
User avatar
HumbleRen
Veteran
Posts: 2,517
And1: 3,022
Joined: Jul 02, 2021
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#137 » by HumbleRen » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:13 pm

Kuminga is going to be really good lol. He flashes amazing 2 way potential and literally gets to the rim at will with his first step.
Los_29
Veteran
Posts: 2,631
And1: 2,615
Joined: Apr 10, 2021

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#138 » by Los_29 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:31 pm

HumbleRen wrote:Kuminga is going to be really good lol. He flashes amazing 2 way potential and literally gets to the rim at will with his first step.


Flashing defensive potential is something that he has always done. The problem is this effort is never consistent. Kuminga isn't showing anything new. He's doing stuff that we all knew he could do. He's a huge work in progress.
User avatar
HumbleRen
Veteran
Posts: 2,517
And1: 3,022
Joined: Jul 02, 2021
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#139 » by HumbleRen » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:39 pm

Los_29 wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:Kuminga is going to be really good lol. He flashes amazing 2 way potential and literally gets to the rim at will with his first step.


Flashing defensive potential is something that he has always done. The problem is this effort is never consistent. Kuminga isn't showing anything new. He's doing stuff that we all knew he could do. He's a huge work in progress.

I think the talk about his feel for the game has been exaggerated.

His defence has been more than solid, doesn’t look lost on rotations. Really efficient from the field and plays off the ball really well with his cuts to the basket.

Warriors have been developing him properly, it’s night and day from where he was in the G League. I don’t think the 2/3 is his natural position in the league, it’s playing the 4 or small ball 5.
Los_29
Veteran
Posts: 2,631
And1: 2,615
Joined: Apr 10, 2021

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#140 » by Los_29 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:51 pm

HumbleRen wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:Kuminga is going to be really good lol. He flashes amazing 2 way potential and literally gets to the rim at will with his first step.


Flashing defensive potential is something that he has always done. The problem is this effort is never consistent. Kuminga isn't showing anything new. He's doing stuff that we all knew he could do. He's a huge work in progress.

I think the talk about his feel for the game has been exaggerated.

His defence has been more than solid, doesn’t look lost on rotations. Really efficient from the field and plays off the ball really well with his cuts to the basket.

Warriors have been developing him properly, it’s night and day from where he was in the G League. I don’t think the 2/3 is his natural position in the league, it’s playing the 4 or small ball 5.


If he was as good as you think he is, he would be playing more.

He's a great athlete and definitely has some tools to build on. But he's very raw and doesn't contribute much aside from scoring. He's a rookie though so don't expect a finished product. But he is absolutely the player that people expected him to be. Improving on those weaknesses will determine how good of a career he has.

Return to Toronto Raptors