ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,828

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2021-22 V1.0 

Post#161 » by Los_29 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:59 pm

TRik wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:

Yeah okay dude lol.

Do you think Allen/Garland/Mobley is better than OG/GTJ/FVV/Pascal/Scottie?

Allen/Garland/Mobley/Sexton/Markkanen. Just to make it five on five.

That lineup certainly doesn't fit better than ours. lol
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,060

Post#162 » by HumbleRen » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:04 am

Los_29 wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
Do you think Allen/Garland/Mobley is better than OG/GTJ/FVV/Pascal/Scottie?

I think they fit better together than our core, yes. I also believe Mobley will be better than anyone on our core.

There’s a reason they’re 27-18 with a top 10 defence and offence in the NBA.

Maybe Mobley will be better than anyone in our core. In fact, I think that's a legit possibility. But right now he's not. And in terms of talent, we have the better team by a pretty comfortable margin. Fit doesn't mean much in the NBA. We put out a better 5 man unit than they do. In a 7 game series, I can't imagine many people picking the Cavs to beat us. In fact, I think we'd steamroll them.

You can bring up their record which is fine but the reality is they have won a lot of games that they would've lost had the other team been healthy. They aren't as good as their record and I don't think saying they are a .500 team is an insult in any way. This team was one of the worst teams in the league last year despite their core playing in a lot of games together. The Cavs record when Allen played was 14-37. 18-36 with Garland. 18-42 with Sexton. Mobley is a great player but he certainly doesn't move the needle enough to turn a bottom 5 team in the league to a top 4 team in the East.

It's called internal development. Allen is taking a leap, Garland has taken a leap, Okoro is making strides in being a defensive stud. Mobley and Allen pairing maximizes each other. Kevin Love is a fantastic 6th man, Lauri has gravity on the floor.

Yes, fit does matter. There's a reason why they're 9 games above .500. I honestly just think you're either an homer or being purposely obtuse if you think we would steamroll them in a 7 game series.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,440

Post#163 » by KL78192020 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:07 am

HumbleRen wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:
I think they fit better together than our core, yes. I also believe Mobley will be better than anyone on our core.

Maybe Mobley will be better than anyone in our core. In fact, I think that's a legit possibility. But right now he's not. And in terms of talent, we have the better team by a pretty comfortable margin. Fit doesn't mean much in the NBA. We put out a better 5 man unit than they do. In a 7 game series, I can't imagine many people picking the Cavs to beat us. In fact, I think we'd steamroll them.

You can bring up their record which is fine but the reality is they have won a lot of games that they would've lost had the other team been healthy. They aren't as good as their record and I don't think saying they are a .500 team is an insult in any way. This team was one of the worst teams in the league last year despite their core playing in a lot of games together. The Cavs record when Allen played was 14-37. 18-36 with Garland. 18-42 with Sexton. Mobley is a great player but he certainly doesn't move the needle enough to turn a bottom 5 team in the league to a top 4 team in the East.

It's called internal development. Allen is taking a leap, Garland has taken a leap, Okoro is making strides in being a defensive stud. Mobley and Allen pairing maximizes each other. Kevin Love is a fantastic 6th man, Lauri has gravity on the floor.

Yes, fit does matter. There's a reason why they're 9 games above .500. I honestly just think you're either an homer or being purposely obtuse if you think we would steamroll them in a 7 game series.

His Logic: Team with the better record is worse than the team with the worse record

Cavs are also missing a starter for the whole season. Raptors aren't.
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#164 » by Madhouse » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:14 am

Los_29 wrote:
Madhouse wrote:If the Cavs keep winning they might have the #1 seed soon.

They've been beating up some undermanned teams. I can't see this streak continuing. Nets without KD, Portland without Lillard and CJ, Utah without Gobert. They barely squeaked out victories over the Kings, Spurs and Thunder and they lost to the only healthy good teams they played in Memphis and Golden State.

They still deserve credit for winning though but a core of Garland, Mobley and Allen are unlikely to continue winning at this pace.

They will just keep winning. I will come back to this thread weekly now to show you. Cavs have a very good basketball team.

Garland is trending towards being a star point guard and Allen/Mobley is the best defensive front court in basketball.

The Cleveland Cavaliers were supposed to suck but they just don't. They are trending up despite injuries while others are trending down. They are a playoff team and might very well get home court in the 1st round.
Los_29
RealGM

Post#165 » by Los_29 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:16 am

HumbleRen wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:

How do Lauri, Mobley and Allen fit? Why is that a better fit? Do you think that can work in the playoffs?

And yes, we've already gone over why they are 9 games over .500. Look through their schedule in December and January and see how many really tough road wins they had that would have been losses had the opposing team actually fielded a healthy lineup. You can deny it all you want but that is a significant swing when you have so many games that go in your favour.

And once again, this was a bottom 5 lottery team last year. It was expected they would see an improvement due to the age of their core. But they aren't a top 4 team in the East. This isn't a controversial take. Saying they are a .500 team is actually a huge compliment because this team was absolutely dreadful last year. That's tremendous growth and they should see even greater improvement next year if they can add a few more pieces.
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#166 » by Madhouse » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:18 am

HumbleRen wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:

They are flat out better than the Raptors right now.

Garland was total crap as a rookie and is now very good. 2 years from now Barnes could be a stud, Precious could be 1st team or 2nd team all defense who knows. Raptors could be better.

But it's time to give Cleveland their due right now, they are one of the best teams in the East in this moment.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,440

Post#167 » by KL78192020 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:41 am

Madhouse wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

They are flat out better than the Raptors right now.

Garland was total crap as a rookie and is now very good. 2 years from now Barnes could be a stud, Precious could be 1st team or 2nd team all defense who knows. Raptors could be better.

But it's time to give Cleveland their due right now, they are one of the best teams in the East in this moment.

Exactly the Raptors have had just as many easy wins as the Cavs. Like you said they are one of the best teams in the East.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#168 » by bboyskinnylegs » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:52 am

Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,802

Post#169 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:21 pm

Legend

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1483212150818492418%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fca.yahoo.com%2Fsports%2Fnews%2Fmemphis-grizzlies-steven-adams-carires-tony-bradley-from-ja-morant-after-fight-chicago-bulls-002031508.html
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,216

Post#170 » by Dalek » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:23 am

Lest we forget.. Stanley Johnson had 10 points in the fourth last night for the Lakers and many of their fans are ready to throw their allegiances to him:

Read on Twitter

Even his highlights are so basic. In one play he looks like he moves his pivot foot twice against Gobert.

There should be a term like the "Stanley Johnson Threshold" where if your team relies on STJ to save the season it means that team has reached a new low. Just mentioning the wish to sign Stanley Johnson should mean that your team can't defend and is desperate to try anything.
Los_29
RealGM

Post#171 » by Los_29 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:11 am

Cleveland lost to a Chicago team playing without Lavine, Ball and Caruso.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,578

Post#172 » by mdenny » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:20 am

The pass that jokic made for the winning shot against the clippers was a thing of beauty. Watching jokic play is my favorite non-raptor nba content. The dude is a genius and his hand-eye coordination is jaw-dropping.

So cool for someone to essentially create their own unique archetype in today's game. Not sure if he xan win a chip with his current team....but it is entertaining to watch no doubt. Pure genius.
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#173 » by Madhouse » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:37 am

mdenny wrote:The pass that jokic made for the winning shot against the clippers was a thing of beauty. Watching jokic play is my favorite non-raptor nba content. The dude is a genius and his hand-eye coordination is jaw-dropping.

So cool for someone to essentially create their own unique archetype in today's game. Not sure if he xan win a chip with his current team....but it is entertaining to watch no doubt. Pure genius.

Jokic is a free agent in 2023. I see him leaving and looking to team up with Doncic or Giannis
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#174 » by Psubs » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:29 pm

Los_29 wrote:Cleveland lost to a Chicago team playing without Lavine, Ball and Caruso.

Damn the Bulls will probably sink from the #1 seed down to the #6 in the East (which is only a 2.5 games).
Rodrickle
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#175 » by Rodrickle » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:40 am

Biyombo playing great for the suns. What a pick up for them!

Sent from my SM-G973W using RealGM mobile app
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,291

Post#176 » by raptorstime » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:46 am

Bizmack is killing it.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,646

Post#177 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:22 am

Pacers ahead of GSW late while missing 5 starters.

Domantas Sabonis - Inactive - Injury/Illness
Malcolm Brogdon - Inactive - Injury/Illness
Caris LeVert - Inactive - Injury/Illness
T.J. McConnell - Inactive - Health and Safety Protocols
Myles Turner - Inactive - Injury/Illness
T.J. Warren - Inactive - Injury/Illness
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,060

Post#178 » by HumbleRen » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:10 am

Justin Holiday or Jeremy Lamb would be perfect on this team
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#179 » by Psubs » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:15 am

WaltFrazier wrote:Pacers ahead of GSW late while missing 5 starters.

Domantas Sabonis - Inactive - Injury/Illness
Malcolm Brogdon - Inactive - Injury/Illness
Caris LeVert - Inactive - Injury/Illness
T.J. McConnell - Inactive - Health and Safety Protocols
Myles Turner - Inactive - Injury/Illness
T.J. Warren - Inactive - Injury/Illness

Ha ha ha pulled it out in OT!!! Suck it Warriors!

Oshae Brissett was also 0 for 7

Wow Duarte! I guess don't be afraid of upper classmen. Hello Champagnie!
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,497

Post#180 » by bballsparkin » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:15 am

That's a couple nice wins by the Pacers. Watching that game made me think, rather than trading a FRP and say Precious for a player like Turner. Raps are better off keeping Precious and using the FRP to draft a player like Isaiah Jackson. He was playing well out there. Not bad for pick #22.

Return to Toronto Raptors