ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order (7.0)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

What do you think is ideal for this Raptors team?

Add another lottery prospect with star potential to the team.
46%
Team is great already, make a push for the playoffs even if it’s the play-in.
34%
I don’t know currently, going to wait and see.
20%

Total votes: 100

RealGM
And1: 66,480

Re: Tank World Order (7.0) 

Post#881 » by 720 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:00 pm

will wrote:Stop quoting me and wasting your own time.

I already got you on the 'foe' list so I can't see your posts.

Team Mediocre burner accounts pretending like they're actually having a conversation with us.

Just shadow boxing. :lol:
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,635

Post#882 » by sbsat » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:00 pm

720 wrote:
sbsat wrote:
720 wrote:Damn, a guy goes from 13-17 fga’s a game to all of a sudden 18-27 fga’s between a 2 week stretch against a bunch of depleted teams where higher fga’s aren’t even required for the win right before the allstar team is being selected, must be a coincidence. :rofl2:

Barnes taking shots is worthwhile since he has unlimited potential so letting him make mistakes, spread his wings is worthwhile. Freddy Allstar taking shots 18+ shots is pointless because he’s gonna get exposed in the playoffs as the primary guy because he’s a midget that lacks athleticism (like he’s starting to already).

Stop using the term midget you insensitive fool

Stop using the term fool you insensitive jerk!

You consistently use offensive language like this in a friggin basket forum. You are a sad fool and if i get reprimanded for calling u what you are, so be it.
RealGM

Post#883 » by 720 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:00 pm

sbsat wrote:
720 wrote:
sbsat wrote:
Stop using the term midget you insensitive fool

Stop using the term fool you insensitive jerk!

You consistently use offensive language like this in a friggin basket forum. You are a sad fool and of i het reprimanded for calling u what you are, so be it.

Offensive? Stop. Just stop. lol
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#884 » by will » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:02 pm

720 wrote:
sbsat wrote:
720 wrote:Stop using the term fool you insensitive jerk!

You consistently use offensive language like this in a friggin basket forum. You are a sad fool and of i het reprimanded for calling u what you are, so be it.

The irony :lol: :lol:
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#885 » by sbsat » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:02 pm

720 wrote:
sbsat wrote:
720 wrote:Stop using the term fool you insensitive jerk!

Do you actually not realize that term is offensive or are you that dumb?
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#886 » by sbsat » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:03 pm

will wrote:
720 wrote:
sbsat wrote:

The irony :lol: :lol:

Yeah its funny
will
RealGM
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#887 » by will » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:03 pm

720 wrote:

Team Mediocre burner accounts pretending like they're actually having a conversation with us.

It is rather amusing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Real talk, I do NOT want it with that guy in the .gif, though.

No shame, he looks like he could inflict some damage.
RealGM

Post#888 » by 720 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:04 pm

Just in case we get a second rounder through a trade.
will
RealGM

Post#889 » by will » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:05 pm

Need that elite talent on the Raps to make some moves!

Lets go!
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,167

Post#890 » by mademan » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:12 pm

720 wrote:
mademan wrote:
720 wrote:Fun to watch for like a week and then we get eliminated and have a pick 5-6 spots down from where we could be and be at the mercy of teams above us to not pick the players we want or are interested in. Masai can work magic I understand that, but the higher the pick the better. Just look at our own history. We've been only 1 or 2 spots down from a lot of great players being drafted.

I posted this before in this same thread. Once you get past the top picks, the draft flattens out.

https://www.pdg-analytics.com/articles/nba-draft-all-star-correlations

"Moreover, probability of drafting an All-Star player flattens to 0.06 for draft picks beyond the top-10 (including the second round). Also, the fraction of All-Star players from the last 29 years that were selected in the second round is 0.13+/-0.03."

Statistically, there is no real difference between the 11th pick (probably the low for the Raps) and the 16th or 17th pick. People get hyped up on the draft every year and every year we see the same thing; the vast majority of guys picked after the top picks never really become a part of a teams core. Tanking for the 10th pick when you can make the postseason in a year without any scary teams is just a terrible decision thats not supported by the numbers.

You don't need to tank, just stop playing the starters 40+ minutes and have a regular rotation like a normal team and allocate more shots to the young guys. If the bench loses us games then it is what it is. What's the point of playing the starters heavy minutes and getting them banged up for? To win 41 games instead of 36? That's pointless and shortsighted.

Also every draft is different, there are anomalies in every draft range if we stretch back and look at NBA history (Klay, Paul George, Giannis, Booker, Dirk, Kobe, etc. All in that low lotto range). Can't just assume a pick is worthless.

There is no assuming. Everything is different, but to lose out on making the playoffs for a pick that has historically been just as good as a pick you'd get while making the playoffs....there's no justification for it. Ya'll get hyped on all these kids every year and every year the vast majority end up doing nothing. Rinse, repeat
RealGM

Post#891 » by 720 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:21 pm

mademan wrote:
720 wrote:
mademan wrote:
I posted this before in this same thread. Once you get past the top picks, the draft flattens out.

https://www.pdg-analytics.com/articles/nba-draft-all-star-correlations

"Moreover, probability of drafting an All-Star player flattens to 0.06 for draft picks beyond the top-10 (including the second round). Also, the fraction of All-Star players from the last 29 years that were selected in the second round is 0.13+/-0.03."

Statistically, there is no real difference between the 11th pick (probably the low for the Raps) and the 16th or 17th pick. People get hyped up on the draft every year and every year we see the same thing; the vast majority of guys picked after the top picks never really become a part of a teams core. Tanking for the 10th pick when you can make the postseason in a year without any scary teams is just a terrible decision thats not supported by the numbers.

You don't need to tank, just stop playing the starters 40+ minutes and have a regular rotation like a normal team and allocate more shots to the young guys. If the bench loses us games then it is what it is. What's the point of playing the starters heavy minutes and getting them banged up for? To win 41 games instead of 36? That's pointless and shortsighted.

Also every draft is different, there are anomalies in every draft range if we stretch back and look at NBA history (Klay, Paul George, Giannis, Booker, Dirk, Kobe, etc. All in that low lotto range). Can't just assume a pick is worthless.

There is no assuming. Everything is different, but to lose out on making the playoffs for a pick that has historically been just as good as a pick you'd get while making the playoffs....there's no justification for it. Ya'll get hyped on all these kids every year and every year the vast majority end up doing nothing. Rinse, repeat

You don't lose out on anything by missing the playoffs as a low seed. We have Barnes locked up for at least 7 years. He'll get plenty of playoff experience going forward.

If it comes down to having the 14th pick not making the playoffs or the 15th pick and the playoffs then sure going for the playoffs makes sense. If we get to that point at the end of the season I don't think anyone would want the former instead of the latter. But atm we're talking about potentially the 10th pick or 17-18 pick. At which point give me the 10th pick with a shot at a game changer in the draft. Not saying they can't find a great player at 17, but the higher the more freedom of choice they have.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,802

Post#892 » by Los_29 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:24 pm

That’s not very nice, Will.
RealGM

Post#893 » by 720 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:26 pm

will wrote:
720 wrote:

Ole boy can def fight you can tell by his crazy eyes. :lol:
will
RealGM

Post#894 » by will » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:26 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Another quote from this same screenname whom I have put on my 'foe' list.

Come on baby boy, just stop. The feature of the 'foe' option does not allow me to read your posts. Just let it go and move on.
will
RealGM

Post#895 » by will » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:27 pm

720 wrote:
will wrote:
720 wrote:Team Mediocre burner accounts pretending like they're actually having a conversation with us.

Ole boy can def fight you can tell by his crazy eyes. :lol:

That is why no one in the Association wants it with Crazy Eyes Portis :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Los_29
RealGM

Post#896 » by Los_29 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:31 pm

It’s honestly sad to see the state that tWo is in. I didn’t think they could get any lower but they have proven me wrong.

They are doubling down on terrible takes and it’s just embarrassing to see. A compilation of tWo’s bad takes needs to be done one of these days. Starting off with them saying Birch and Gillespie ruined the tank and that Masai was making a push for the play-in.
Los_29
RealGM

Post#897 » by Los_29 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:32 pm

will wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHA

Another quote from this same screenname whom I have put on my 'foe' list.

Come on baby boy, just stop. The feature of the 'foe' option does not allow me to read your posts. Just let it go and move on.

And yet you’re STILL talking about me.
Ref_from_hell
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,712

Post#898 » by Ref_from_hell » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:34 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:Image

this is how I feel right now

Terrible. I'm not sure I can handle these threats of violence.

It's very unfortunate that a select few in here choose to glorify violence in this manner. It is almost as if to suggest people who are not pro-tank should be beaten in the streets. This is in addition to a multitude of personal attacks over the last year and a half. The proof is right in front of your eyes. I hoped for better things this year, but unfortunately the same issues have arisen.
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,255

Post#899 » by canada_dry » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:46 pm

Ref_from_hell wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:Image

this is how I feel right now

Terrible. I'm not sure I can handle these threats of violence.

It's very unfortunate that a select few in here choose to glorify violence in this manner. It is almost as if to suggest people who are not pro-tank should be beaten in the streets. This is in addition to a multitude of personal attacks over the last year and a half. The proof is right in front of your eyes. I hoped for better things this year, but unfortunately the same issues have arisen.
:) :) :)

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,986

Post#900 » by DelAbbot » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:56 pm

Hey mods are gaslighting allowed? I see trolls of this thread now resorting to gaslighting

Return to Toronto Raptors