ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Scottie Barnes Thread 2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,432

Re: Official Scottie Barnes Thread 2 

Post#261 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:01 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,928

Post#262 » by Reeko » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:47 am

A testament to Scottie's strength and athleticism, and to how much of a POS Martin is, that Scottie completed this dunk.

Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#263 » by Dalek » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:50 am

Reeko wrote:A testament to Scottie's strength and athleticism, and to how much of a POS Martin is, that Scottie completed this dunk.

That was scary and Scottie is going to have learn not to do those dunks because you can break a leg easily. Can't believe there was no flagrant given.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#264 » by Psubs » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:59 am

Dalek wrote:
Reeko wrote:A testament to Scottie's strength and athleticism, and to how much of a POS Martin is, that Scottie completed this dunk.

That was scary and Scottie is going to have learn not to do those dunks because you can break a leg easily. Can't believe there was no flagrant given.

Ya, if 1st contact is in the back, you suck. Should've been a Flagrant 1.

I guess he's auditioning to for a future contract but you don't sacrifice another man's in doing so.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,875

Post#265 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:21 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:He's gonna go off against the Heat.

That homecoming special was sweet :nod:
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#266 » by Dalek » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:53 am

That was about as crazy a Scottie game as you would expect with him returning to his home state.

Great energy, his passes were amazing and that dunk mixed along with the rookie mistakes with a few poor rotations on defense. Still that is a return to the Scottie we love.

There is no doubt he is more dynamic than OG. The biggest difference is that Scottie always knows the moment and rises to it. With OG it could be game seven and he would still be costing along looking like he is about to change a load of laundry.
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,598

Post#267 » by AbC? » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:33 am

Read on Twitter

"Can't play together"
youngRAPZ
Senior
And1: 456

Post#268 » by youngRAPZ » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:56 pm

AbC? wrote:
Read on Twitter

"Can't play together"

Quick somebody make sure dude niagradamus doesn’t see that video. Goes against his future prophecies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vulture
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,938

Post#269 » by vulture » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:15 pm

AbC? wrote:
Read on Twitter

"Can't play together"

People said Pascal doesn't pass to Scottie.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,505

Post#270 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:28 pm

Pascal and Barnes are a great combo - stylistically, sorta like Magic and Worthy.
prelude00
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,549

Post#271 » by prelude00 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:30 pm

vulture wrote:
AbC? wrote:
Read on Twitter

"Can't play together"

People said Pascal doesn't pass to Scottie.
Man pascal could've had 14 dimes tn lol

Love that big to big passing. The more they play together the better it'll get.

Once Scottie starts banging threes more consistently it'll be hard to stop these two. Wish I could fast forward to the beginning of next season lol

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,572

Post#272 » by DreamTeam09 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:29 am

He's able to get a quiet/easy 16pts which really is amazing coming from my ore season expectation of him. Really love the kid and what he brings

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,741

Post#273 » by Yeezus_ » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:57 am

Scottie Barnes comment on this post has me dead

Yeezy SZN approaching
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,788

Post#274 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:42 am

dTox wrote:Scottie is too talented, and confident to brush off that ROY trophy, and why shouldn't he want it?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Somehow I thought there was something wrong with publicly stating you want to win the awards. Can't remember why, just remember it being somewhat annoying, completely hypocritical and ad nauseum.
Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer
And1: 984

Post#275 » by Dude-niagara » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:49 pm

youngRAPZ wrote:
AbC? wrote:
Read on Twitter

"Can't play together"

Quick somebody make sure dude niagradamus doesn’t see that video. Goes against his future prophecies.

My long term objective is seeing the ball in Scottie hands much more, not happening right now and nothing wrong with that because his handles need to be better for that to be reality. I also believe Barnes looked much better and everyone was amazed at his production playing along side with OG to start the season. That is because OG prefers hanging out on the perimeter which allows Scottie to play in the paint. Right now he spends more time at the 3 point line and getting reduced opportunities with Siakam/Fred leading in attempts. No question that was a nice pass showed on that video but we don't see enough of it. This is a Scottie Barnes thread, going into next season I want to see the ball in his hands more then any other player. If you think that can happen with Siakam on the floor then that is your opinion which I don't agree with. What some of you are saying is you think Scottie is ok to play off the ball and I think he needs to have the ball is his hands more often. This is kind of like when we had Rudy Gay and a young DD. I think Gay was 27 and DD was 23 at the time, I remember thinking how those two would be great together and then Masai decide to move Gay so DD could step forward.

I think everyone can agree that Siakam has improved this season and is playing is some great basketball but Scottie is the future and at some point the ball needs to be in his hands. I envision seeing a player being able to take players on one on one like we saw him do against KD and when teams start sending doubles he will pick out the open man with his great court vision and passing ability.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,576

Post#276 » by mdenny » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:23 pm

There are less than 5 ppl on this board who attempt to take all that twitter talk onto this board. And they somehow think they are exalted because they do so. Ppl boogie down in niagra and that's a fact!!!

We could eliminate 5 ppl who are the stereotype of the basement dwelling keyboard warrior who thrive on internet conflict and make that their whole thing in life.

So weird that the ppl who have no life are the same ppl who present themselves as being "too cool" for the fanbase. And then lacking the self awareness to see how transparent the whole act is. Like an ostrich hiding it's head in the dirt lol. Everyone can see the ass.

Fred has triumphed over his haters. Not a single one of the scotty-club wanted him to begin with. I say it again. NOT A SINGLE ONE PERSON WHO IS NOW WHINING ABOUT SCOTTY TOUCHES WANTED HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Fact is...all the reasonable ppl are gonna end up defending scotty against his eventual haters who will be all about the next shiny new toy when the time arrives.

Precious is proof positive in this regard imo. It's crazy to me how much this board hyped up Flynn. Go back a year and see for yourself. The non-basketball ppl didn't spend any time mesmorizing themselves into Precious fans because we weren't the team thaf drafted him lol.

Y'all remember all the "play flynn...sit fred" advocacies last year? "Flynn is our future point guard!" Lolol.

Wrong about fred again. And Precious is the least hyped prospect we've had in recent history. It's so bizarre. The one prospect we got who shows tons of promise....noone percieves him as a FRP with 3 more years of control. Doesn't fit anything from their rolodex of raptor narratives.

But but but...precious was on shaqting a fool!

Yah...off a play that a CENTER stole the ball from a guard on the PERIMETER. How many centers do that?

Precious, through no fault of his own, is on his his way to being a litmus test for basketball knwoledge on this board. Like fred. You either understand what he brings to winning or you don't.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#277 » by alienchild » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:25 pm

Dude-niagara wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:
AbC? wrote:
Read on Twitter

"Can't play together"

My long term objective is seeing the ball in Scottie hands much more, not happening right now and nothing wrong with that because his handles need to be better for that to be reality. I also believe Barnes looked much better and everyone was amazed at his production playing along side with OG to start the season. That is because OG prefers hanging out on the perimeter which allows Scottie to play in the paint. Right now he spends more time at the 3 point line and getting reduced opportunities with Siakam/Fred leading in attempts. No question that was a nice pass showed on that video but we don't see enough of it. This is a Scottie Barnes thread, going into next season I want to see the ball in his hands more then any other player. If you think that can happen with Siakam on the floor then that is your opinion which I don't agree with. What some of you are saying is you think Scottie is ok to play off the ball and I think he needs to have the ball is his hands more often. This is kind of like when we had Rudy Gay and a young DD. I think Gay was 27 and DD was 23 at the time, I remember thinking how those two would be great together and then Masai decide to move Gay so DD could step forward.

I think everyone can agree that Siakam has improved this season and is playing is some great basketball but Scottie is the future and at some point the ball needs to be in his hands. I envision seeing a player being able to take players on one on one like we saw him do against KD and when teams start sending doubles he will pick out the open man with his great court vision and passing ability.

Just a waterfall of absurdity.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,415

Post#278 » by Tha Cynic » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:48 pm

The funny thing is people kept complaining about how Scottie always looks back before dunking, including William Lou. I always felt he did that to protect himself from these type of plays. We can kind of see why it's also good to be careful when you go into traffic. It's kind of like driving in an area with a stop sign on the intersecting street. While you know you have right of way, you can't trust everyone to be safe. I think OG also does that at times.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,576

Post#279 » by mdenny » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:05 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:

The funny thing is people kept complaining about how Scottie always looks back before dunking, including William Lou. I always felt he did that to protect himself from these type of plays. We can kind of see why it's also good to be careful when you go into traffic. It's kind of like driving in an area with a stop sign on the intersecting street. While you know you have right of way, you can't trust everyone to be safe. I think OG also does that at times.

That is a hilarious take. Rationalizing to the extreme.

At times...scottie has been doing unnecessary flashy stuff. This play has nothing to do with any of that. Behind the back passes from inbounds. No-looks on routine passes when the passing lane is already empty. Looking back on players when dunking.

It's fine. He's a rookie. But this type of rationalization is hilarious to me. "If he doesn't taunt the opposition on an open layup he might get injured" lol. I gotta call a flagrant on YOU bro.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#280 » by Psubs » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:20 pm

Looking back on a fast break dunk is like a player running for the endzone after breaking one. Good to know if someone is trying to foul you. In football, slightly different as the runner loses speed by turning to look. In basketball getting tackled is a foul so giving up a little speed to secure the basket is okay.

Return to Toronto Raptors