ImageImageImageImageImage

New Rotation Tracker

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,715

Re: New Rotation Tracker 

Post#41 » by Ell Curry » Sun Jan 9, 2022 8:21 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Ell Curry wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Banton was the 45th pick and has easily upped his value since the beginning of the year.

To us fans, I'd say seemed like he might not get drafted (let's say 55th pick value), then got taken by Masai 46th (let's say that bumps him up to 35th pick value) then started well (let's say 25th pick value) and has struggled lately but played well in the G-League (back up to 35 or so) is how I'd probably think of it. Obviously NBA teams have firmer opinions based on years of watching closely and such.

He is 22, so that's gotta be a worry in terms of his developing a jumper compared to other rookies at his level of rawness in that regard, but the energy, defence, passing and ballhandling are interesting for sure.

In a redraft Banton goes first round, easy.

You think so? I'd say Herb Jones and Dosunmu move up for sure. Kessler Edwards and Aaron Wiggins probably too.

But I don't know how many teams have soured on their late first rounders already even if they've basically sucked (Aldama) or not seen as ready to play yet (Springer, Kai Jones).
Where's the D?
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#42 » by everdiso » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:58 am

Update

1. Siakam (5gms) 37.1min, 25.3usg%, 58.5ts%
2. VanVleet (5gms) 35.3min, 27.9usg%, 67.6ts%
3. Anunoby (5gms) 32.9min, 18.6usg%, 62.2ts%
4. Barnes (5gms) 32.9min, 16.2usg%, 46 0ts%
5. Trent (4gms) 29.3min, 19.3usg%, 53.1ts%

6. Boucher (5gms) 20.7min, 14.1usg%, 54.0ts%
7. Achiuwa (5gms) 19.6min, 16.3usg%, 48.9ts%
8. Birch (5gms) 17.9min, 11.0usg%, 49.8ts%

9. Watanabe (1gms) 10.1min, 16.7usg%, 51.5ts%
10. Mykhailiuk (3gms) 8.7min, 11.1usg%, 71.2ts%
11. Champagnie (4gms) 8.2min, 15.1usg%, 96.2ts%
12. Banton (3gms) 4.2min, 28.6usg%, 12.5ts%
13. Flynn (3gms) 4.2min, 8.6usg%, 0.0ts%

Interesting tonight - even with the Gary injury and with 2 guys in foul trouble, Nick stuck to a tight 8 man rotation yet again. Svi subbed in for Gary but only played 14 minutes. Otherwise the two guys who saw big minutes bumps tonight were Boucher and Achiuwa....and I have to say that both those guys are finally starting to look useful again.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#43 » by Indeed » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:20 am

everdiso wrote:Update

1. Siakam (5gms) 37.1min, 25.3usg%, 58.5ts%
2. VanVleet (5gms) 35.3min, 27.9usg%, 67.6ts%
3. Anunoby (5gms) 32.9min, 18.6usg%, 62.2ts%
4. Barnes (5gms) 32.9min, 16.2usg%, 46 0ts%
5. Trent (4gms) 29.3min, 19.3usg%, 53.1ts%

6. Boucher (5gms) 20.7min, 14.1usg%, 54.0ts%
7. Achiuwa (5gms) 19.6min, 16.3usg%, 48.9ts%
8. Birch (5gms) 17.9min, 11.0usg%, 49.8ts%

9. Watanabe (1gms) 10.1min, 16.7usg%, 51.5ts%
10. Mykhailiuk (3gms) 8.7min, 11.1usg%, 71.2ts%
11. Champagnie (4gms) 8.2min, 15.1usg%, 96.2ts%
12. Banton (3gms) 4.2min, 28.6usg%, 12.5ts%
13. Flynn (3gms) 4.2min, 8.6usg%, 0.0ts%

Interesting tonight - even with the Gary injury and with 2 guys in foul trouble, Nick stuck to a tight 8 man rotation yet again. Svi subbed in for Gary but only played 14 minutes. Otherwise the two guys who saw big minutes bumps tonight were Boucher and Achiuwa....and I have to say that both those guys are finally starting to look useful again.

Perhaps we need bigger body against Jonas, so we opt to play Achiuwa and Boucher. Birch was in foul trouble, so it was Achiuwa and Boucher got those minutes.

Our offense didn't drop with our Forward lineups (Siakam got many matchups). Mykhailiuk also played well admit New Orleans is a bottom feeder. Next game against the Suns with most of them not in protocol may give us a better idea of the team.
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#44 » by LiSTWithLani » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:51 am

CoachD wrote:Dragic and 2 seconds for Lavert.

If they take that, we look incredible moving forward.

He can easily start or be a super sixth man. He has PG skills, wing length, smarts and plays defense.

Anunoby/ Birch/ Achiuwa
Siakam/ Boucher
Barnes/ Watanabe
TrentJr/
FVV/ Lavert

I'm into it and we're super switchable.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,875

Post#45 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:57 pm

Nurse was just on FAN590 and when asked what his ideal rotation looks like, he had this to say:

In a perfect world (where everyone is healthy) his rotation looks like:
- Starting line up is: FVV/GTJ/OG/Barnes/Siakam (Important to get these guys 36-38 minutes a night)
- Khem and Precious share the 5 spot, important to get them early in the game when team is fully healthy
- Ideally wants to get Boucher 20 minutes a night
- Flynn has grown in the sense that he's able to come into the game and organize the team well
- Says Flynn needs less volume & be more efficient

That's all he had to say. He's been pleased with the way Boucher has been playing as of late.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#46 » by Madhouse » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:26 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Nurse was just on FAN590 and when asked what his ideal rotation looks like, he had this to say:

- Starting line up is: FVV/GTJ/OG/Barnes/Siakam (Important to get these guys 36-38 minutes a night)
- Khem and Precious share the 5 spot, important to get them early in the game when team is fully healthy
- Flynn has grown in the sense that he's able to come into the game and organize the team well

That's all he had to say. He's been pleased with the way Boucher has been playing as of late.

Basically what we have seen in the couple of games we have seen here recently when everyone was healthy.

Heavy starter minutes, Boucher 20, Precious 15-18, Birch 15-18, Watanabe/Champaigne/Flynn 5-10 minutes depending on the situation.

Essentially a 8 men rotation with the 9th rotation in for stretches.

Lol, Nurse only trusts 8 guys, we really need 2 more rotational players
right between the eyes
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,513

Post#47 » by right between the eyes » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:42 pm

Madhouse wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:Nurse was just on FAN590 and when asked what his ideal rotation looks like, he had this to say:

Basically what we have seen in the couple of games we have seen here recently when everyone was healthy.

Heavy starter minutes, Boucher 20, Precious 15-18, Birch 15-18, Watanabe/Champaigne/Flynn 5-10 minutes depending on the situation.

I get no Svi or Yuta but where is Champagnie?
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#48 » by Madhouse » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:46 pm

right between the eyes wrote:
Madhouse wrote:

He gets 10 minutes from time to time but it doesn't like a consistent deal and Nurse talked about him knocking on the door of the rotation which doesn't seem convincing either. Maybe Champaigne can keep him there but I think it's more a revolving door for Nurse and changes from game to game who gets those minutes. Banton and Svi are pretty much out though it seems.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,574

Post#49 » by bluerap23 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:55 pm

But Flynn has been completely out of rotation. What is NN talking about?

Anyway I like the 8-man. I'm looking at it like this:

Fred,GTJ,OG,Pascal,Birch
Bench
Barnes,Boucher,Precious

Except Barnes starts and gets pulled early. When you think of it that way the bench offence is decent.

I'd prefer they stop playing Barnes so much with Pascal on the second unit. I want Scottie to get spammed with touches. Would be best if the 2 other guys with those 3 are GTJ and OG.

If Fred,GTJ,OG,Pascal,Scottie each get 36 or so it leaves 20+/- for Birch, Boucher and Precious. That's all we need.

9th man for me is Champagnie.

The issue is when we are dealing with even one injury to the top5.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#50 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:13 am

bluerap23 wrote:But Flynn has been completely out of rotation. What is NN talking about?

Anyway I like the 8-man. I'm looking at it like this:

Fred,GTJ,OG,Pascal,Birch
Bench
Barnes,Boucher,Precious

Except Barnes starts and gets pulled early. When you think of it that way the bench offence is decent.

I'd prefer they stop playing Barnes so much with Pascal on the second unit. I want Scottie to get spammed with touches. Would be best if the 2 other guys with those 3 are GTJ and OG.

If Fred,GTJ,OG,Pascal,Scottie each get 36 or so it leaves 20+/- for Birch, Boucher and Precious. That's all we need.

9th man for me is Champagnie.

The issue is when we are dealing with even one injury to the top5.

Nurse just said that about Flynn because the hosts asked him directly about Flynn.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#51 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:13 am

right between the eyes wrote:
Madhouse wrote:

"Knocking on the door" according to Nurse.
I think he'll get big minutes off the bench on Friday. His first real opportunity to lock down a rotation spot. Expect him to capitalize on it.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,715

Post#52 » by Ell Curry » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:57 am

Goddamn do we need to turn Dragic's contract into a guard who can play. But Indy supposedly wants 2 first rounders for Levert, which probably means one, which is still one too many. Praying Masai can find a way to take on a bad contract with one more year left to find a bench guy.

It sucks we didn't get Rubio instead of Cleveland.

The Birch contract is hurting us a bit now. If we had signed a center for a 1 year deal like Dieng or Hartenstein or traded for Jalen Smith after the Suns declined his option we'd have the luxury tax room and flexibility to get a cheap guard by taking 2-3M from a team like the Celtics (Schroeder) or Clippers (Jackson) or another team trying to get under or reduce tax payments.

Flynn regressing instead of becoming a solid Tyus Jones type has really hurt us.
Where's the D?
everdiso
General Manager

Post#53 » by everdiso » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:05 am

Yep, that's what we've seen when healthy.

Quick math.

48 minutes x 5 spots = 240 minutes

"36-38 minutes a night" for the big 5..let's say 36 = 180 minutes
+ 20 minutes each for Boucher, Birch, Achiuwa = 60 minutes

180 + 60 = 240 minutes

That's your rotation come playoffs. None of the other guys matter.

The only question is whether one of Achiuwa/Birch/Boucher get pushed out by a trade for a 20mpg ballhandler on the bench instead.
everdiso
General Manager

Post#54 » by everdiso » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:06 am

Madhouse wrote:

Nick only used 8 guys to win a championship.

Most teams do the same.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,506

Post#55 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:15 pm

everdiso wrote:
Madhouse wrote:

Nick only used 8 guys to win a championship.

Most teams do the same.

yup and in a lot of those playoffs games, he was really only playing 6-7 guys.

depth only matters in the regular season.
everdiso
General Manager

Post#56 » by everdiso » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:22 pm

tbh i really love hearing him say that the big 5 all deserve 36+ minutes. i.e. full time starter minutes.

It's actually pretty rare around the league to see a team with a full 5 guys who all legit deserve full-time starter's minutes, and I think all our 5 do (with the younger two Barnes and Trent being the only arguable ones there).
everdiso
General Manager

Post#57 » by everdiso » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:30 pm

I guess I might as well update the thread, even though Barnes and Trent missed last game:

1. Siakam (6gms) 37.5mpg, 26.1usg%, 55.7ts%
2. VanVleet (6gms) 36.7mpg, 36.5usg%, 65.3ts%
3. Anunoby (6gms) 34.0mpg, 19.8usg%, 60.5ts%
4. Barnes (5gms) 32.9mpg, 16.2usg%, 46.0ts%
5. Trent (4gms) 29.3mpg, 19.3usg%, 53.1ts%

6. Boucher (6gms) 23.4mpg, 14.6usg%, 53.5ts%
7. Achiuwa (6gms) 19.9mpg, 15.5usg%, 47.9ts%
8. Birch (6gms) 19.3mpg, 10.6usg%, 52.4ts%

9. Watanabe (2gms) 12.6mpg, 15.6usg%, 25.4ts%
10. Champagnie (5gms) 8.6mpg, 13.6usg%, 84.4ts%
11. Mykhailiuk (4gms) 8.3mpg, 11.0usg%, 61.5ts%

12. Banton (3gms) 4.2mpg, 28.6usg%, 12.5ts%
13. Flynn (3gms) 4.2mpg, 8.6usg%, 0.0ts%
14. Bonga (1gms) 4.2mpg, 8.3usg%, 0.0ts%
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#58 » by Indeed » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:37 am

everdiso wrote:I guess I might as well update the thread, even though Barnes and Trent missed last game:

I think we can also draw a line between salary.

15m - 35m (starter)

4m - 14m (rotation / backup / specialist)

1.5m - 3m (injury replacement)

1m - 1.4m (prospect)

Assume the Dragic money goes to Achiuwa (split by 3 years, 8m each), then it looks about right.
everdiso
General Manager

Post#59 » by everdiso » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:32 pm

Update:

1. Siakam (8gms): 38.2mpg, 26.2usg%, 56.6ts%
2. VanVleet (8gms): 38.0mpg, 25.2usg%, 60.9ts%
3. Anunoby (8gms): 35.0mpg, 21.4usg%, 56.8ts%
4. Barnes (6gms): 32.9mpg, 16.4usg%, 43.0ts%
5. Trent (4gms): 29.3mpg, 19.3usg%, 53.1ts%

6. Boucher (8gms): 25.2mpg, 15.0usg%, 55.2ts%
7. Achiuwa (8gms): 23.0mpg, 15.2usg%, 46.9ts%
8. Birch (7gms): 17.1mpg, 10.7usg%, 50.1ts%

9. Champagnie (7gms): 12.3mpg, 11.3usg%, 68.2ts%
10. Watanabe (4gms): 9.7mpg, 15.5usg%, 25.5ts%
11. Mykhailuk (6gms): 7.9mpg, 10.3usg%, 43.6ts%

12. Banton (4gms): 4.6mpg, 24.0usg%, 11.1ts%
13. Flynn (4gms): 3.4mpg, 7.9usg%, 0.0ts%
14. Bonga (1gms): 4.2mpg, 8.3usg%, 0.0ts%

So the tight 8 man rotation stays tight. Even when guys are out the rotation guys just play more minutes if the replacements aren't hacking it.

Achiuwa and Boucher are both starting to flourish in their new roles. That's a nice development. Birch might be on the outs especially if he can't get healthy. Birch for a ballhandler might be a move we try to make.

Svi and Yuta completely self destructing in this huge chance they have to earn a rotation spot.

Champagnie the opposite, playing great and clearly jumping to the head of the line of the non-rotation guys.

Good news for Banton and Flynn us that yuta and svi have been so terrible that they may get another chance yet.
everdiso
General Manager

Post#60 » by everdiso » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:58 am

1. Siakam (9gms): 38.6mpg, 25.6usg%, 55.4ts%
2. VanVleet (9gms): 38.3mpg, 25.2usg%, 61.0ts%
3. Anunoby (9gms): 34.9mpg, 21.6usg%, 55.7ts%
4. Barnes (7gms): 33.8mpg, 17.4usg%, 42.6ts%
5. Trent (4gms): 29.3mpg, 19.3usg%, 53.1ts%

6. Boucher (9gms): 26.7mpg, 15.8usg%, 57.7ts%