ImageImageImageImageImage

New Rotation Tracker

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Re: New Rotation Tracker 

Post#21 » by Indeed » Sat Jan 8, 2022 4:30 pm

anotherhomer wrote:So our PG/SGs that don't contribute:
- Banton, Flynn
- Svi, David Johnson

Ya, it would be worthwhile to consolidate some of these assets honestly.

I am not sure Trent contributes much either.
dkb965
Junior
And1: 299

Post#22 » by dkb965 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 5:03 pm

- Banton, Flynn
- Svi, David Johnson

These are not assets.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,002

Post#23 » by anotherhomer » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:00 pm

Indeed wrote:
- Banton, Flynn
- Svi, David Johnson

Trent is in a slump, but he can hit some big shots, and still space the floor because he can heat up
Plain Old Josh
Senior
And1: 1,127

Post#24 » by Plain Old Josh » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:52 pm

everdiso wrote:VanVleet (4gms): 34.4mpg, 26.3usg%, 70.9ts%

Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,717

Post#25 » by Ell Curry » Sat Jan 8, 2022 9:22 pm

Indeed wrote:
Ell Curry wrote:
Indeed wrote:

If we waive Horford and have 14m dead salary in the book, it means we are even worse than keeping Dragic and Birch. 15m to fill the bench instead of 20m. People complained our bench with vet min players, you got to pay up if you want better bench like any other teams. Players who performs off the bench are making 7m - 15m.

No team is taking Horford, only Celtics wants to dump another bad contract for that purpose. You can't re-sign Watanabe with Horford contract.

No way we take on the Horford deal to waive him.

I think we could keep Yuta (he’s probably like a 12/3 guy with a team 3rd year option) if the deal is Birch and Dragic. And it only makes sense to add Horford really if we’re not comfortable meeting Boucher’s UFA price or he wants a chance to start for a team with a massive hole at the 4/5 like OKC (if they’d even sign a 28 year old), Miami, Sacramento or Charlotte.

In any case, he’s too slow for our defensive system and I don’t see Masai helping Boston with their cap hell unless we get a first or a young guy like Nesmith or Langford that Masai happens to like, but if we’re the 5 or 6 seed it’ll be a a shame if we just lose to Embiid or Vucevic destroying us at the 5 when Horford could give us 25 nice minutes.

Every time we win I get greedier for us to add a 5 and a bench scorer/playmaker. We could really be a contender in the East in this insane covid year where nobody scares me but the team with an unvaccinated guy who are 4 or 5 KD missed games away in a series from being underdogs.

You got to wonder if Porland would be selling Nurkic near trade deadline. There could be more options for addressing our C.

For sure. My guess would be Charlotte goes for him (28th on D) in a 3 way with Plumlee going somewhere and McDaniels, Thor or another young guy and a 2nd to Portland. We have the contracts, but I'm not sure Masai will want to resign a 28 year old center who's only getting slower and can't hit 3s. But he'd be great to have for the playoffs, and with Bird rights we could maybe even work out a big 1-2 year deal where he gets more money and he's our expiring trade guy instead of moving Dragic to take one on. Birch would have to go out in the deal though for it to make sense you'd figure.
Where's the D?
Ell Curry
Head Coach

Post#26 » by Ell Curry » Sat Jan 8, 2022 9:35 pm

dkb965 wrote:
- Banton, Flynn
- Svi, David Johnson

These are not assets.

I feel like Banton should be an asset as a Masai pick with an obvious path to developing into a giant ballhandling forward who didn't look terrible as an NBA player and dominated the G-League in the manner a 2nd rounder should, but he probably isn't in real life.
Where's the D?
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,790

Post#27 » by Zeno » Sat Jan 8, 2022 9:58 pm

I’d consider offering Houston Dragic and Malachi for Eric Gordon though I’m not sure about that salary on the books next year. You will likely have to let yuta walk if you did that.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Boselecta
Senior
And1: 693

Post#28 » by Boselecta » Sat Jan 8, 2022 11:26 pm

Can we really not bring Dragic back if we’re making a playoff push. I feel he would be perfect for the bench unit
Indeed
RealGM

Post#29 » by Indeed » Sun Jan 9, 2022 12:44 am

Ell Curry wrote:
Indeed wrote:
Ell Curry wrote:
No way we take on the Horford deal to waive him.

I think we could keep Yuta (he’s probably like a 12/3 guy with a team 3rd year option) if the deal is Birch and Dragic. And it only makes sense to add Horford really if we’re not comfortable meeting Boucher’s UFA price or he wants a chance to start for a team with a massive hole at the 4/5 like OKC (if they’d even sign a 28 year old), Miami, Sacramento or Charlotte.

In any case, he’s too slow for our defensive system and I don’t see Masai helping Boston with their cap hell unless we get a first or a young guy like Nesmith or Langford that Masai happens to like, but if we’re the 5 or 6 seed it’ll be a a shame if we just lose to Embiid or Vucevic destroying us at the 5 when Horford could give us 25 nice minutes.

Every time we win I get greedier for us to add a 5 and a bench scorer/playmaker. We could really be a contender in the East in this insane covid year where nobody scares me but the team with an unvaccinated guy who are 4 or 5 KD missed games away in a series from being underdogs.

You got to wonder if Porland would be selling Nurkic near trade deadline. There could be more options for addressing our C.

For sure. My guess would be Charlotte goes for him (28th on D) in a 3 way with Plumlee going somewhere and McDaniels, Thor or another young guy and a 2nd to Portland. We have the contracts, but I'm not sure Masai will want to resign a 28 year old center who's only getting slower and can't hit 3s. But he'd be great to have for the playoffs, and with Bird rights we could maybe even work out a big 1-2 year deal where he gets more money and he's our expiring trade guy instead of moving Dragic to take one on. Birch would have to go out in the deal though for it to make sense you'd figure.

I thought that would be too good for an expiring. I suppose Charlotte would prefer Turner with that type of package.

Demand wise, I am not sure there are many teams that need a C. But supply wise, there could be more C available. For example, Thomas Bryant (who is behind Gafford and Harrell) may also be traded (if he plays well after his ACL injury).
dkb965
Junior
And1: 299

Post#30 » by dkb965 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 1:05 am

Ell Curry wrote:
dkb965 wrote:
- Banton, Flynn
- Svi, David Johnson

These are not assets.

I feel like Banton should be an asset as a Masai pick with an obvious path to developing into a giant ballhandling forward who didn't look terrible as an NBA player and dominated the G-League in the manner a 2nd rounder should, but he probably isn't in real life.

He looked pretty good early in the season. I remember the Warriors announcers loved him. I knew he probably was not going to be able to shoot well, but his finishing at the rim has been disappointing. I doubt he has much trade value currently. Flynn is hot garbage and I can not wait until his contract expires. Svi tires hard for the most part, but his lack of being a reliable three point shooter does not make him a players a team is going to be looking to trade for. Johnson has no value. The Raptors do not have many assets to improve the team other then Boucher maybe if they keep the core guys and main young prospects in Siakam/VanVleet/Anunoby/Barnes/Trent JR/Achiuwa.
Ell Curry
Head Coach

Post#31 » by Ell Curry » Sun Jan 9, 2022 2:12 am

dkb965 wrote:
Ell Curry wrote:
dkb965 wrote:
These are not assets.

He looked pretty good early in the season. I remember the Warriors announcers loved him. I knew he probably was not going to be able to shoot well, but his finishing at the rim has been disappointing. I doubt he has much trade value currently. Flynn is hot garbage and I can not wait until his contract expires. Svi tires hard for the most part, but his lack of being a reliable three point shooter does not make him a players a team is going to be looking to trade for. Johnson has no value. The Raptors do not have many assets to improve the team other then Boucher maybe if they keep the core guys and main young prospects in Siakam/VanVleet/Anunoby/Barnes/Trent JR/Achiuwa.

I agree on the other guys having no value (Flynn maybe for like a pick in the 40s or 50s if some team was impressed with his good month last season and desperately needs a backup PG) but I would guess there's a few teams intrigued by Banton who might deal an extra mid-late 2nd rounder they have for him or see him as equivalent value in a deal. Though he is 22 so maybe I'm wrong and he wouldn't fetch a 45th pick like Thomas (solid overpay) and TD (slight underpay).
Where's the D?
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,165

Post#32 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Jan 9, 2022 2:16 am

Ell Curry wrote:
dkb965 wrote:
Ell Curry wrote:

I agree on the other guys having no value (Flynn maybe for like a pick in the 40s or 50s if some team was impressed with his good month last season and desperately needs a backup PG) but I would guess there's a few teams intrigued by Banton who might deal an extra mid-late 2nd rounder they have for him or see him as equivalent value in a deal. Though he is 22 so maybe I'm wrong and he wouldn't fetch a 45th pick like Thomas (solid overpay) and TD (slight underpay).

Banton was the 45th pick and has easily upped his value since the beginning of the year.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#33 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Jan 9, 2022 2:16 am

Indeed wrote:
- Banton, Flynn
- Svi, David Johnson

Horrid take. My god.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
Ell Curry
Head Coach

Post#34 » by Ell Curry » Sun Jan 9, 2022 2:45 am

YogurtProducer wrote:Banton was the 45th pick and has easily upped his value since the beginning of the year.

To us fans, I'd say seemed like he might not get drafted (let's say 55th pick value), then got taken by Masai 46th (let's say that bumps him up to 35th pick value) then started well (let's say 25th pick value) and has struggled lately but played well in the G-League (back up to 35 or so) is how I'd probably think of it. Obviously NBA teams have firmer opinions based on years of watching closely and such.

He is 22, so that's gotta be a worry in terms of his developing a jumper compared to other rookies at his level of rawness in that regard, but the energy, defence, passing and ballhandling are interesting for sure.
Where's the D?
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,649

Post#35 » by C_Money » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:01 am

Indeed wrote:
- Banton, Flynn
- Svi, David Johnson

What the hell? Gary Trent has almost single handedly won us games this year.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#36 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Jan 9, 2022 3:28 am

Ell Curry wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Banton was the 45th pick and has easily upped his value since the beginning of the year.

To us fans, I'd say seemed like he might not get drafted (let's say 55th pick value), then got taken by Masai 46th (let's say that bumps him up to 35th pick value) then started well (let's say 25th pick value) and has struggled lately but played well in the G-League (back up to 35 or so) is how I'd probably think of it. Obviously NBA teams have firmer opinions based on years of watching closely and such.

He is 22, so that's gotta be a worry in terms of his developing a jumper compared to other rookies at his level of rawness in that regard, but the energy, defence, passing and ballhandling are interesting for sure.

In a redraft Banton goes first round, easy.
geminiz
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,431

Post#37 » by geminiz » Sun Jan 9, 2022 11:57 am

Indeed wrote:
- Banton, Flynn
- Svi, David Johnson

Classic what-have-you-done-recently comment. See "Siakam needs to go".

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app
Indeed
RealGM

Post#38 » by Indeed » Sun Jan 9, 2022 2:57 pm

geminiz wrote:
Indeed wrote:
- Banton, Flynn
- Svi, David Johnson

Classic what-have-you-done-recently comment. See "Siakam needs to go".

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app

Classic hyping prospects comment. See "Is it time to play Flynn?".
Also see how people criticizing vet min, while our 15m+ players aren't even carrying those players.
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#39 » by everdiso » Sun Jan 9, 2022 7:55 pm

Most used 5-Man Lineups

1. FVV - GTJ - SB4 - OG - PS43: 42min
2. FVV - GTJ - OG - PS43 - Khem: 19min
3. SB4 - OG - CB25 - PS43 - PA5: 12min
4. SB4 - GTJ - CB25 - PS43 - PA5: 11min
5. FVV - SB4 - OG - PS43 - Khem: 10min
6. FVV - GTJ - OG - PS43 - PA5: 8min
7. FVV - SB4 - OG - CB25 - Khem: 7min
8. FVV - GTJ - SB4 - CB25 - Khem: 6min
9. GTJ - OG - PS43 - CB25 - PA5: 6min
10. FVV - GTJ - OG - SB4 - Khem: 5min
10. FVV - SB4 - PS43 - CB25 - Khem: 5min
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,447

Post#40 » by WuTang_OG » Sun Jan 9, 2022 8:11 pm

C_Money wrote:
Indeed wrote:
- Banton, Flynn
- Svi, David Johnson

What the hell? Gary Trent has almost single handedly won us games this year.

Trent has been outstanding all year. Tf are people watching.

Return to Toronto Raptors