ImageImageImageImageImage

[Fischer] Toronto A Team To Keep An Eye On For Myles Turner Trade

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

dgr81
General Manager
And1: 10,889

[Fischer] Toronto A Team To Keep An Eye On For Myles Turner Trade 

Post#1 » by dgr81 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:25 am

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2952421-latest-nba-trade-intel-how-will-dame-lillard-surgery-impact-ben-simmons-market

Myles Turner appears the likeliest Indiana player to be traded before the deadline, with a list of suitors that includes Dallas, Minnesota, New York, Sacramento, Charlotte and Portland. Toronto was also mentioned by several league personnel as a team to keep an eye on for Turner's services. The Pacers' asking price is said to include multiple first-round picks.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Re: [Fischer] Toronto A Team To Keep An Eye On For Myles Turner Trade 

Post#2 » by Son Goku 25 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:27 am

Booshay + Dragic + Flynn? Not sure if salaries match
mowcrowbar
General Manager
And1: 4,179

Post#3 » by mowcrowbar » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:47 am

Son Goku 25 wrote:Booshay + Dragic + Flynn? Not sure if salaries match

Raptors will never do this because it is way too much in favour of the Pacers. Boucher is already better than Turner.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Post#4 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:25 pm

mowcrowbar wrote:

Raptors will never do this because it is way too much in favour of the Pacers. Boucher is already better than Turner.

:lol: :lol:

Had a good laugh. Thanks for making my day.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,480

Post#5 » by Brinbe » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:49 pm

Please, please, please. I'd definitely add him for the right deal. Especially if he's obtainable without touching the core 4 (5 if you include GTJ)

He I think he would fill that Gasol spot perfectly. Adding a rim protecting stretch five that can be a presence against other big Cs can only be a good thing. And he's entering his prime now but is still pretty young.

That he provides two-way value and a little of everything without needing huge usage numbers is exactly what they look for in players and his elite skill (shot blocking/rim protection) strengthens us where we're maybe not so strong as compared to steals/deflections. Plus his ability to stretch the floor can further unlock this offense, especially playing off Fred, Pascal, Scottie, OG.

I can see why they'd be interested.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#6 » by alienchild » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:59 pm

Fischer is complete garbage.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#7 » by bboyskinnylegs » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:09 pm

if Turner is unhappy with his role on the Pacers, it's hard to see him being happy with the role he'd get here. And multiple firsts would be out of the question.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,373

Post#8 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:11 pm

alienchild wrote:Fischer is complete garbage.

Didn't this dude confirm we were drafting Barnes days before the draft?
libertyYYZ
Pro Prospect
And1: 761

Post#9 » by libertyYYZ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:13 pm

dgr81 wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2952421-latest-nba-trade-intel-how-will-dame-lillard-surgery-impact-ben-simmons-market

Myles Turner appears the likeliest Indiana player to be traded before the deadline, with a list of suitors that includes Dallas, Minnesota, New York, Sacramento, Charlotte and Portland. Toronto was also mentioned by several league personnel as a team to keep an eye on for Turner's services. The Pacers' asking price is said to include multiple first-round picks.

Given Masai's track record getting Serge and then Marc in the championship run-up, this idea might have some legs. It would be a bump in team quality but not getting us to ECF or Finals.

Turner's age fits with the current group. Turner is a floor spacer and reasonably mobile, but not great defending on the perimeter. He would be more in the Serge role than the Gasol role. Barnes is already starting to fill the Gasol role as point-F/C.

Indiana would probably want a FRP since we don't have a whole lot of non-core assets. They would be angling for either Birch or Achiuwa rather than Boucher to fill the backup role to Sabonis. If we throw in Dragic to match Turner's contract, then Indiana need to give up other assets. Brissett knows our system and has value to us.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -- Michael Jordan
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,258

Post#10 » by PhilBlackson » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:17 pm

Said it before, as long as there's some form of handshake agreement that Myles will sign an EXTENSION (he only has a year remaining) then I'm for it, IF not and we're just "hopeful", I'm out on the idea.

I would also say this is based on us being able to at minimum maintain our current standing over the next month, as it will be a tough one that really defines what this team is or isn't. If we stay above water and more neck to neck with CHA and start climbing towards CLE, then sure I'd pull the trigger because, for one that draft pick would be in the range where basically if you can find an all star caliber player you just got lucky and the team is actually bit better than some of us expected. But on the other hand, we struggle and dip back down below WAS and BOS, that to me would show we're not as good as we'd like to be, in which case I'd think it's better to just ride it out. See if we can't have some luck again to move up in the draft or I'd just feel fairly confident we'd be the ones to catch that "Booker, Mitchell, Thompson etc" type of player that falls towards the end of the lottery (my early guess is that is AJ Griffin who I don't see falling out of the lottery).
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#11 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:23 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:

Yes, Fischer is the stalking horse for Pritchard (Pacers' POBO). Fischer did the hatchet job in Bleacher Report last season to support Nate Bjorkgren's firing after his first year, and was rewarded by Pritchard with some scoops, including the Raps' interest in Scottie.

So right now, Fischer's job is to talk up Turner's value. It's certainly not two FRPs (unless Flynn + 2022 FRP = 2 FRPs.)
mowcrowbar
General Manager
And1: 4,179

Post#12 » by mowcrowbar » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:29 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
mowcrowbar wrote:

Wym? Boucher is a 2 way superstar. and his slim frame makes him the optimal player for long stretches in the playoffs, where he equally dominates.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#13 » by alienchild » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:31 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:

He didn't confirm it. He speculated that it might happen in a way that he could deny so he didn't look a fool. He also speculated that Pascal would be traded to POR for C. J. McCollum.

I'm amazed that so many on this board are sucked in by this three dollar bill.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,258

Post#14 » by PhilBlackson » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:33 pm

mowcrowbar wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
mowcrowbar wrote:

Wym? Boucher is a 2 way superstar. and his slim frame makes him the optimal player for long stretches in the playoffs, where he equally dominates.

1/10 troll job.

They work better when they're even remotely believable.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
kj_
Analyst
And1: 3,298

Post#15 » by kj_ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:44 pm

Multiple first round picks for Turner.

Not. A. Chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blastttOFF
General Manager
And1: 8,803

Post#16 » by blastttOFF » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:51 pm

Indy wants Scottie Barnes included in the deal.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,777

Post#17 » by Zeno » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:59 pm

I think if you can get a 1st and a young player with some promise from another team for GTJ you consider it given his player option in the 3rd year and that you can't extend him before that.

So I would do GTJ for THT, Nunn and a Lakers 2027

And then trade Our 1st, Lakers pick, Flynn, Dragic for Turner

I know that THT has a similar contract structure to GTJ but he has more growth potential as a player/asset than what GTJ does in my opinion. Obviously I could be horribly wrong but that is why you need a 1st thrown in.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
dkb965
Junior
And1: 299

Post#18 » by dkb965 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:14 pm

Zeno wrote:I think if you can get a 1st and a young player with some promise from another team for GTJ you consider it given his player option in the 3rd year and that you can't extend him before that.

I know that THT has a similar contract structure to GTJ but he has more growth potential as a player/asset than what GTJ does in my opinion. Obviously I could be horribly wrong but that is why you need a 1st thrown in.

The Pacers could get a better return for Turner then what you posted. Obviously a GTJ/1st/Flynn/Dragic for Turner/THT would be great, but it is not realistic.
NeoDragonKnight
Starter
And1: 2,582

Post#19 » by NeoDragonKnight » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:18 pm

I said this before, I have wanted Turner for a long time, he has the same skill set as Ibaka, and Ideal stretch big. BUT, the time to have gotten him was 1 or 2 years ago when he was injured or had long stretches of retched numbers. I feel his price went up this year. It is my opinion his issue with Indiana is Sabonis...Turner's stats and role were trending up but absolutely flat lined and even went down a little once Sabonis came in and took all the rebounds and touches (not disputing he should or shouldn't be, bc Sabonis is good). Anywho, if we can get him reasonably, Id do it as big men are kind of in short supply, but if not, I guess theres always the draft.
RaptorReloaded
Veteran
And1: 970

Post#20 » by RaptorReloaded » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:21 pm

Zeno wrote:I think if you can get a 1st and a young player with some promise from another team for GTJ you consider it given his player option in the 3rd year and that you can't extend him before that.

There was a YouTube video that was posted not to long ago proposing a three team trade where lakers get Trent Jr. and we get Turner..

Smokes a swirling maybe.

Is Gary playing tonight?

Fred
Scottie
OG
Pascal
Myles

is HUGE!

Return to Toronto Raptors