ImageImageImageImageImage

[Fischer] Toronto A Team To Keep An Eye On For Myles Turner Trade

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,876

Re: [Fischer] Toronto A Team To Keep An Eye On For Myles Turner Trade 

Post#201 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:40 pm

pilkoids wrote:Man, I've wanted to have Turner on this team for a while. Asking price might be too high. GTJ straight up?

I wouldn't trade GTJ For Turner straight up tbh.
Trent is only 22 and I've become a huge fan of his this season He's got a lot of potential.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#202 » by Indeed » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:41 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:OG to me is untouchable. Trading him will break my heart as a fan and make me lose interest in the team.

We would lose so much defense and glue without him it wouldn't be the same team anymore

I love OG too, but I think with the way Siakam and FVV are playing right now, I think OG probably became more of a possible tradeable asset. He's already a very good young player so you have to really make the right move, and we're not the ones being paid millions to assess that.

What I want to see is how Siakam and FVV play against actual good NBA rosters before jumping the gun. The last 6 wins all have asterisks on them and I don't mean that as a joke.

I think we under estimate the impact of OG on defense? Remember when we missed OG, our DRtg was among highest?
We need both an elite perimeter defender and elite rim protector to be a top 10 defensive team. And for us to turn defense into offense, I think we need all OG, Siakam, Barnes, VanVleet and a starting C to do that.
pilkoids
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,326

Post#203 » by pilkoids » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:42 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
pilkoids wrote:Man, I've wanted to have Turner on this team for a while. Asking price might be too high. GTJ straight up?

I wouldn't trade GTJ For Turner straight up tbh.
Trent is only 22 and I've become a huge fan of his this season He's got a lot of potential.

Not many bigs floating around who can shoot and defend reliably, but I understand the hesitance. GTJ could conceivably take that next step.
pilkoids
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,326

Post#204 » by pilkoids » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:44 pm

Indeed wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:OG to me is untouchable. Trading him will break my heart as a fan and make me lose interest in the team.

We would lose so much defense and glue without him it wouldn't be the same team anymore

I love OG too, but I think with the way Siakam and FVV are playing right now, I think OG probably became more of a possible tradeable asset. He's already a very good young player so you have to really make the right move, and we're not the ones being paid millions to assess that.

What I want to see is how Siakam and FVV play against actual good NBA rosters before jumping the gun. The last 6 wins all have asterisks on them and I don't mean that as a joke.

I think we under estimate the impact of OG on defense? Remember when we missed OG, our DRtg was among highest?
We need both an elite perimeter defender and elite rim protector to be a top 10 defensive team. And for us to turn defense into offense, I think we need all OG, Siakam, Barnes, VanVleet and a starting C to do that.

We've definitely been priced out of Ibaka this coming offseason right? He took a discount to play with the Clips so I can see him eyeing the bag this time around.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#205 » by Asif16 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:53 pm

Fact of the matter is...Siakam/OG/Scottie frontcourt just isn't viable moving forward. Any elite title-contending team...needs a Proper Dynamic Center to anchor the defense.

Ever since we drafted Scottie, I think one of their Siakam or OG's fate was written.

I think getting Turner (who's also only 25)....would be a great deal for both sides. As much as I love OG, turner would round out this tram much more nicely from top to bottom
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,635

Post#206 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:54 pm

Indeed wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:

This. OG for Turner is plugging one hole but creating another. A guy who can shut down Booker like last game, and guard 1-4 if not 1-5.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#207 » by Asif16 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:55 pm

OG + Flynn + Dragic (Salary Purposes) + 1st + 2nd

for

Turner, Lavert and T. Craig?

Indy gets probably the best player they can get in a Turner trade. A dynamic Wing/Forward hyrbid who's putting up close to All-Star level stats. Also, a prospect, and picks. ALso, saves money in the deal assuming they waive Dragic

Raptros get the young Defensive Center they needed to go along with this group. Lavert and Craig are round out the depth
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,578

Post#208 » by mdenny » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:58 pm

Ell Curry wrote:Not exactly sure how I feel about it but I could see this, similar to ones other have mentioned:

Pacers - Horton-Tucker, Coby White OR Derrick Jones Jr. + 28 from Chicago, Lakers 2nd rounder
Lakers - Gary Trent Jr.
Raptors - Turner, Nunn,
Chicago- Boucher

Bulls have Dosunmu stepping up as a 4th guard behind Caruso and could really use Boucher as a backup 4 and smallball 5 option for when Bradley can't hack it against say Milwaukee. They'd have about 49M to spend on Lavine, Boucher and the MLE this summer to stay under the tax which seems like they could just about do it.

Pacers get Horton-Tucker to start at the 3 and either a late 1st or Coby White

Lakers are just a much more viable playoff team with Trent Jr. hitting 3s and guarding 2s.

Raptors get Turner and extend him instead of extending Trent.

It's an interesting idea but it addresses a position we don't need help with (C) and makes our guard positions even more thin. We currently have birch, precious, boucher off the bench. We have ZERO playable guards off the bench.
aroc23
Junior
And1: 355

Post#209 » by aroc23 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:00 pm

Asif16 wrote:Fact of the matter is...Siakam/OG/Scottie frontcourt just isn't viable moving forward. Any elite title-contending team...needs a Proper Dynamic Center to anchor the defense.

Ever since we drafted Scottie, I think one of their Siakam or OG's fate was written.

I think getting Turner (who's also only 25)....would be a great deal for both sides. As much as I love OG, turner would round out this tram much more nicely from top to bottom

This sucks but it is reality. Those 3 players are my favourite 3 players in the entire league, but long term OG and Barnes will not be able to fulfil their potential unless Siakim really changes his play style. I do not think Siakim will return to his 2018/2019 play style after everything that has happened. In fairness to him, he has really grown as a ball handler / playmaker / midrange shooter, so I do not blame him for not wanting to go back to his lower usage ways. Either way I do not want Siakim or Barnes playing C for the rest of their careers for a multitude of reasons.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,029

Post#210 » by NotMyKawhi » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:02 pm

OG for Turner is too much
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,578

Post#211 » by mdenny » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:03 pm

Asif16 wrote:Fact of the matter is...Siakam/OG/Scottie frontcourt just isn't viable moving forward. Any elite title-contending team...needs a Proper Dynamic Center to anchor the defense.

I disagree.

That's the frontcourt of the future imo. It doesn't map onto traditional basketball lineup formulas...but it will work in today's game. Especially in playoffs.
aroc23
Junior

Post#212 » by aroc23 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:07 pm

I will say this: if we are exploring OG trades I would aim higher than Turner to start. I would try and put together a package for KAT first before calling the Pacers.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,406

Post#213 » by ForeverTFC » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:10 pm

aroc23 wrote:I will say this: if we are exploring OG trades I would aim higher than Turner to start. I would try and put together a package for KAT first before calling the Pacers.

We need defense at the 5. Minny's D is better this year but I can't trust KAT to anchor a championship team on that end.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,029

Post#214 » by NotMyKawhi » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:14 pm

Raptors want Lavert and Turner for OG, dragic and boucher
TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,367

Post#215 » by TorontoRapsFan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:14 pm

Asif16 wrote:OG + Flynn + Dragic (Salary Purposes) + 1st + 2nd

for

Indy gets probably the best player they can get in a Turner trade. A dynamic Wing/Forward hyrbid who's putting up close to All-Star level stats. Also, a prospect, and picks. ALso, saves money in the deal assuming they waive Dragic

Raptros get the young Defensive Center they needed to go along with this group. Lavert and Craig are round out the depth

I'd throw myself in front of the plane to stop this trade from happening.
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#216 » by Madhouse » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:16 pm

TorontoRapsFan wrote:
Asif16 wrote:OG + Flynn + Dragic (Salary Purposes) + 1st + 2nd

for

I'd throw myself in front of the plane to stop this trade from happening.

Pacers need to add picks not Raptors
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,635

Post#217 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:17 pm

Simple, move Scottie to the two. OG is far more valuable than Trent to us. Fred, Barnes, OG, Pascal Turner would be the long lineup we envisioned preseason
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
aroc23
Junior

Post#218 » by aroc23 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:24 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:
aroc23 wrote:I will say this: if we are exploring OG trades I would aim higher than Turner to start. I would try and put together a package for KAT first before calling the Pacers.

We need defense at the 5. Minny's D is better this year but I can't trust KAT to anchor a championship team on that end.

I see what you are saying, but I think he is actually a decent defender (the stats back that up). Surrounded by the good defenders on this team with all that length would also really help his weaknesses. He is pretty mobile and I think fits as well as Turner in many ways. Turner is obviously the better help defender, but KAT is okay and you can leave him on the court longer because of his offense.

Looking back at the last few champions, he is a better defender than Brook Lopez and at least comparable to the other championship centres (Kevon Looney, Tristan Thompson, McGee - the list is actually pretty sad).

His offense is so elite (career 62% TS, probably the best 3 point shooting C of all time - 41% over the last 5 season on high volume). He also opens the drive game for Barnes, Pascal and FVV more than any centre in NBA history.

This is a pipedream and off topic so that is all I will say on that.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#219 » by alienchild » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:30 pm

We aren't exploring OG trades. You are. OG isn't being traded for Turner and KAT , despite being on teams that included at various times, Jimmy Butler, Zach Lavine, Andrew Wiggins has made the playoffs one time only. Stats don't translate to win's.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
aroc23
Junior

Post#220 » by aroc23 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:31 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:

Simple, move Scottie to the two. OG is far more valuable than Trent to us. Fred, Barnes, OG, Pascal Turner would be the long lineup we envisioned preseason

I am also open to this. GTJ could be gone in 1.5 years. I actually think we will have to pay him the same as we would have to pay Turner given the desire for 3+D wings in today's NBA. OG might have trouble with the CJ McCulloms of the world, but imagine them trying to guard OG or Scottie. Plus, before Scottie hit a bit of a rookie wall defensively, he was looking really good guarding players like Bradley Beal.

I think this team would ultimately benefit from having OG focus more on defense than offense anyways. As much offensive potential as I see OG having, he does not seem to be as good of an ISO player as the preseason suggested.

Return to Toronto Raptors