ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Abysmal

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,341

Re: PG: Abysmal 

Post#221 » by alpngso » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:28 pm

Ref_from_hell wrote:
raptor jesus wrote:I think it's rather apparent at this point, but I had to look into it to confirm my thoughts. The Raps indeed have the worst bench in the league in terms of point production and 3-point shooting, and by a fair margin. 24 ppg and 26% 3-point shooting...

I may regret saying this, but I miss Terrence Davis, Matt Thomas, even Bembry. They may not have always been locked in on the defensive end, but they provided way more offensively than the crap we have right now

T Davis is one of the King’s worst players who jacks up 3s, even tho he’s like 30% from 3
KP730
Junior
And1: 320

Post#222 » by KP730 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:53 pm

anyone else notice Nurse wearing his championship ring for this game?

I could be wrong here, but I don't recall Nurse wearing it for other games. but he wears it against Casey? LOL

Edit: nevermind, it was a different ring he was wearing
ParadoxJ
Junior
And1: 346

Post#223 » by ParadoxJ » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:08 pm

Damn all star Fred “big balls” vanvleet and pfizzle couldnt beat a scrub team.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#224 » by Dennis 37 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:41 am

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:
I remember having this discussion prior to last season, but Boucher was like a career low 30s shooter from 3. He was never a good shooter, just a guy who could shoot. Last year he was an incredible shooter. Now he's turned into a terrible shooter, but one that can make up for it with effort, athleticism and a decent touch around the rim. Svi plays like mobsters have gotten to his family. He's only ever been a "bad team" player. The kind that has never had stakes, and so never has to really worry about mistakes. It's truly time Nurse pulls the plug, but I think because he lobbied the FO to get him that he's paternalizing this relationship. Matt Thomas was much better and did way more for the Raptors. Terence Davis (I get why he's not on the team anymore, but...) was a knock down shooter. These weren't Nurse's guys, and so he nitpicked.

Anyway, the only enjoyable part of this game was Ed Malloy emphasizing "potential" on the flagrant shove to Boucher. Right there you knew he was going to do everything in his power to ignore the evidence and lobby for a common foul. Moments like that are unique to this league, where some of the refs become so well known as bad at their job that they're characters and a part of the entertainment product.

I also like that Scottie picked it up a bit despite his struggles. He had a bit of a Bargnani first half. I felt like he could have been given more minutes, even. It seemed like just bad game management to overplay Siakam and Fred in a clean blowout. Nurse chewing out the refs at the end of the game there made me cringe. Casey has his number and is living in his head. Just take a page out of his book and brandish the ring, instead of deflecting your rage at some guys who had no influence on the outcome.

The one thing I don't miss about Kyle is the arguing with the refs. It is getting old when Nurse does it. I don't think it changes anything. Any complaints about how our team is treated should be Masai and Bobby's job.

Arguing with the refs is necessary. Arguing at the end of a blowout against a lowlife opponent is pathetic.

You have to pick your spots. If you whine about everything, you get ignored.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,646

Post#225 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:46 am

Did this game really happen?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,891

Post#226 » by fbalmeida » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:28 am

Gotta chime in here, even though we went on to beat the Bucks in heroic fashion.

I should start by saying that I'm glad we've got people thinking about colonising other planets. Because Earth simply isn't big enough for Casey's resentment against us.

Whatever the **** it is he does to his players when they play us, if you could bottle it and produce it systematically, you'd have a way to construct a championship contender out of a bottom 5 team.

I mean...

Seriously...

They lost by 46 before playing us and they lost by 27 after playing us. This is ridiculous.

You can power enough batteries off of Casey's bitterness to bring our global CO2 emissions down to zero.

What a galactically stubborn and salty bitch ass ****.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021

Return to Toronto Raptors