ImageImageImageImageImage

Off Season Workouts

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

BD006
Veteran
And1: 520

Re: Off Season Workouts 

Post#61 » by BD006 » Wed May 11, 2022 3:47 pm

ruckus wrote:
bape_lovers wrote:pickering is nice tho, right beside it

720 wrote:Oshawa is so far out there I don't even know why you guys are talking about it. At least the Brampton slander sorta makes sense since it's part of the gta.

edit: Apparently Oshawa is part of the gta. :lol: Okay, never been there in my life.

Fun fact I only learned a few years ago - Pickering residents get free iodine pills.

Yeah we do, it was one of the first things delivered to us when we moved in, like recycling bins, lol
TNRaps4life
Sixth Man
And1: 901

Post#62 » by TNRaps4life » Fri May 13, 2022 3:42 am

libertyYYZ
Pro Prospect
And1: 761

Post#63 » by libertyYYZ » Fri May 13, 2022 11:42 am

720 wrote:
Clay Davis wrote:
Caped Crusader wrote:Oshawa has really evolved and become a really good place. It's 2022 not 2010.

You're right about Brampton though. It's devolving year by year lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM Forums mobile app

Tell that to the people who spent like 3 pages just going off on Oshawa lol

Oshawa is so far out there I don't even know why you guys are talking about it. At least the Brampton slander sorta makes sense since it's part of the gta.

edit: Apparently Oshawa is part of the gta. :lol: Okay, never been there in my life.

Been there once. Oshawa is a suburb of Whitby. :D
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -- Michael Jordan
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,151

Post#64 » by HiJiNX » Mon May 16, 2022 3:24 pm

He moves so smoothly. Doesn’t telegraph his movements. Everything works together. Super coordinated. Hope he can get it together on and off the court and we can give him another shot since he showed some interesting flashes.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,891

Post#65 » by fbalmeida » Tue May 17, 2022 3:46 pm

First session of the Malachi Flynn off-season development plan.
His confidence will come along eventually.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,385

Post#66 » by Tha Cynic » Tue May 17, 2022 5:26 pm

Caped Crusader wrote:
OhCanada1091 wrote:
mtcan wrote:Pray you never have to be in the 'shwa.

Theres a sign on Stevenson that reads "Oshawa: The Armpit of Ontario".

The slander is unnecessary. Folks that are talking negatively about Oshawa have obviously not been there ever or not been there in a decade or something. You can really tell apart those who actually live in the GTA from those who really don't. That or they live in a bubble. No it's not a 3 hour drive into the city. A drive from Toronto to Mississauga is literally the same distance and time it takes to get from Toronto to Oshawa. Roughly a 35-40 minute drive all things equal.

South Oshawa is pretty decent and gets a bad rep based on the unemployment rate and homelessness in the past when it was up there. That's largely been cleaned up. I mean just look at the unemployment and homeless rates and compare them to other parts of GTA.

The north part of Oshawa is flourishing and has been for awhile for anyone who actually pays attention and doesn't follow the herd. The population grew more than any other part of the GTA. It also helps that a lot of people in the core inner parts of Toronto have moved out east to Oshawa to capitalize on more affordable real estate. It's also the fastest growing city in all of Canada but yeah let's act like this is 2001 or something when the Durham region as a whole, let alone Oshawa, was not even considered part of the GTA.

I drive a lot and explore in my spare time and Oshawa basically looks like downtown Toronto before all the huge skyscrapers came in. Most of Oshawa looks like different areas of downtown.It also has all the restaurants and big stores you would find anywhere else (well other than the statement stores).

I think people in general know nothing about the east side of the GTA as the west is more popular.

I also hear the same stigma about Scarborough where I wonder if people are still living in the 90s lol. You can tell when people have never been to a city.
Kobe Bryant: “You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
TNRaps4life
Sixth Man

Post#67 » by TNRaps4life » Wed May 18, 2022 3:48 am

Read on Twitter
?t=nZ0iv3XyL-Cd9nAiJGK_4A&s=19
TNRaps4life
Sixth Man

Post#68 » by TNRaps4life » Wed May 18, 2022 3:49 am

TNRaps4life wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=nZ0iv3XyL-Cd9nAiJGK_4A&s=19

More on his IG feed. Someone scrape and post
TNRaps4life
Sixth Man

Post#69 » by TNRaps4life » Fri May 20, 2022 10:27 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=npCUOD8T15l1owKZgo4RNg&s=08
TNRaps4life
Sixth Man

Post#70 » by TNRaps4life » Sat May 21, 2022 9:03 pm

Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#71 » by Kevin Willis » Sat May 21, 2022 9:24 pm

TNRaps4life wrote:

The guy in the background looks like he crapped out a basketball. Maybe it's a basketball egg. Nice photobomb.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
TNRaps4life
Sixth Man

Post#72 » by TNRaps4life » Fri May 27, 2022 12:58 am

TNRaps4life
Sixth Man

Post#73 » by TNRaps4life » Fri May 27, 2022 11:19 pm

Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,703

Post#74 » by Yallbecrazy » Fri May 27, 2022 11:43 pm

douggood wrote:
ruckus wrote:
bape_lovers wrote:pickering is nice tho, right beside it

Fun fact I only learned a few years ago - Pickering residents get free iodine pills.

anyone within 10km of the reactor gets a pill(ajax/rougehill etc) in the mail automatically, anyone within 50km can request a pill for free by sending them a message.

https://preparetobesafe.ca/

It's pretty meh, I crushed mine up and snorted it and the high wasn't noteworthy
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,541

Post#75 » by DG88 » Sat May 28, 2022 10:41 am

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,337

Post#76 » by WuTang_OG » Sat May 28, 2022 11:18 am

Beast
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,337

Post#77 » by WuTang_OG » Sat May 28, 2022 11:19 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21&t=__oVNL1_g8MSOwWIl13oag
And1+2
Head Coach
And1: 10,407

Post#78 » by And1+2 » Mon May 30, 2022 1:50 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
Caped Crusader wrote:
OhCanada1091 wrote:Theres a sign on Stevenson that reads "Oshawa: The Armpit of Ontario".

The slander is unnecessary. Folks that are talking negatively about Oshawa have obviously not been there ever or not been there in a decade or something. You can really tell apart those who actually live in the GTA from those who really don't. That or they live in a bubble. No it's not a 3 hour drive into the city. A drive from Toronto to Mississauga is literally the same distance and time it takes to get from Toronto to Oshawa. Roughly a 35-40 minute drive all things equal.

South Oshawa is pretty decent and gets a bad rep based on the unemployment rate and homelessness in the past when it was up there. That's largely been cleaned up. I mean just look at the unemployment and homeless rates and compare them to other parts of GTA.

The north part of Oshawa is flourishing and has been for awhile for anyone who actually pays attention and doesn't follow the herd. The population grew more than any other part of the GTA. It also helps that a lot of people in the core inner parts of Toronto have moved out east to Oshawa to capitalize on more affordable real estate. It's also the fastest growing city in all of Canada but yeah let's act like this is 2001 or something when the Durham region as a whole, let alone Oshawa, was not even considered part of the GTA.

I drive a lot and explore in my spare time and Oshawa basically looks like downtown Toronto before all the huge skyscrapers came in. Most of Oshawa looks like different areas of downtown.It also has all the restaurants and big stores you would find anywhere else (well other than the statement stores).

I think people in general know nothing about the east side of the GTA as the west is more popular.

I also hear the same stigma about Scarborough where I wonder if people are still living in the 90s lol. You can tell when people have never been to a city.

Currently living in Oshawa right now as I'm the PM of a Condo Development in downtown Whitby. Renting a small house at a very reasonable price, it's great.

There's definitely not a lot of what I would consider good restaurants, just the regular Ontario chains and some mediocre diners. There's certainly nowhere that meets my personal standards for taking someone out to on a date, which is kinda sad... but Whitby is only 10 mins away and there are a few nice spots there.

You can tell that Oshawa is on the cusp of revitalization, though. Still some things to work out, but as more young professionals move out here simply because nobody can afford to live anywhere else, the stores and restaurants will evolve to meet their demands.

Oh, and there is a massive homeless population here... Like, staggering. It's growing too... Not really sure how they deal with that.
TNRaps4life
Sixth Man

Post#79 » by TNRaps4life » Tue May 31, 2022 3:27 pm

TNRaps4life
Sixth Man

Post#80 » by TNRaps4life » Tue May 31, 2022 3:45 pm

Return to Toronto Raptors