ImageImageImageImageImage

[Jake Fisher] The word surrounding OG Anunoby’s trade candidacy

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,328

[Jake Fisher] The word surrounding OG Anunoby’s trade candidacy 

Post#1 » by douggood » Tue May 31, 2022 1:08 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10037274-latest-nba-offseason-intel-does-og-anunoby-want-out-of-toronto
Long report on OG, some snippets

Following a standout season from Rookie of the Year Scottie Barnes, word has circulated among rival front offices that Anunoby grew dissatisfied at times with his role in Toronto, where Barnes joined Pascal Siakam and Fred VanVleet as the primary ball-handlers in Nick Nurse's offense.

Two sources with knowledge of the dynamic told B/R that Anunoby has not directly expressed discontent with his situation with the Raptors. Perhaps the conversation around him has been driven more by external interest in acquiring the fifth-year forward's services

Dating back to the trade deadline, sources said, the Raptors have postured with opposing teams that all of their "top six," including Anunoby, Barnes, Siakam, VanVleet, Gary Trent Jr. and Precious Achiuwa, are untouchable in trade conversation. But Toronto is also widely known to covet a starting center.

Two landing spots already linked by league personnel have been Utah and Portland.
The Jazz are weighing trade possibilities with three-time Defensive Player of the Year Rudy Gobert

However, league personnel believe Toronto would require far more than Hart and the seventh pick to part with Anunoby, considered to be a darling of Raptors lead executive Masai Ujiri. Anunoby's trade value is seen as greater than Detroit's known asking price for Grant: two first-round picks or a first and a promising rookie-scale prospect.
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Re: [Jake Fisher] The word surrounding OG Anunoby’s trade candidacy 

Post#2 » by Madhouse » Tue May 31, 2022 1:15 pm

That's nothing new.

Everyone has a price though.

The 4th pick would be interesting, 7th much less so.
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,763

Post#3 » by MessiahUjiri » Tue May 31, 2022 1:15 pm

I think this is more trade chatter than actual player discontent.

We are crowded at the forward spots, so of course this will come up.

I would love a Gobert trade, but I don’t think we can compete with a Warriors offer for Gobert. They can offer Wiggins / Wiseman / Kuminga.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#4 » by Madhouse » Tue May 31, 2022 1:18 pm

MessiahUjiri wrote:I think this is more trade chatter than actual player discontent.

We are crowded at the forward spots, so of course this will come up.

I would love a Gobert trade, but I don’t think we can compete with a Warriors offer for Gobert. They can offer Wiggins / Wiseman / Kuminga.

Not sure why there would be discontent, would not make sense to me.
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,598

Post#5 » by AbC? » Tue May 31, 2022 1:21 pm

“Two sources with knowledge of the dynamic told B/R that Anunoby has not directly expressed discontent with his situation with the Raptors.”

Doubt this is anything but speculation
Backcountry
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,588

Post#6 » by Backcountry » Tue May 31, 2022 1:22 pm

So "word has circulated" that Anunoby is discontented, but "two sources with knowledge" say he isn't. This sounds like the usual "let's make up a story" type of clickbait that sports writers love, because it gets them published and gets attention.

Masai will do what Masai has to do, not what "rival front offices" want him to do.
When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,001

Post#7 » by anotherhomer » Tue May 31, 2022 1:24 pm

As Fischer said,ujiri likes OG a lot

And it's more so teams interested in acquiring him and he has more value than grant
Smalltown
Senior
And1: 456

Post#8 » by Smalltown » Tue May 31, 2022 1:27 pm

Madhouse wrote:Not sure why there would be discontent, would not make sense to me.

Could be as simple as he believes he needs more touches. Scottie and Achiuwa have taken a lot of those "up for grabs" touches that would otherwise be OGs.
Federalies
Rookie
And1: 1,424

Post#9 » by Federalies » Tue May 31, 2022 1:27 pm

Oh Mr. Fisher, how I’ve missed your Raptors hot takes! That said, let’s be honest, Jake is linking a bunch of “likely” known Raptors interests and he’s woven a tale he knows Raps fans will be all over…we’re kind of predictable in that way.

Could OG be somewhat disappointed that Scottie took all the shine in a year that was supposed to be his opportunity with Pascal out the first few months…sure but doesn’t seem like an OG type reaction (to the extent there ever is a reaction).

Would the Raps like a C…sure but they also seem to really like Precious (so any C has to either be a superstar or a quality bench I.e. they’re not trading for an average starter just to stick Precious on the bench).

Would they consider they consider a Godfather offer for any of their players (perhaps outside of Scottie and even then…Luca?) even though Masai has said he wants to see the core grow…absolutely, he wouldn’t be doing his job if he didn’t.

All this to say, Interesting read but I’m not overly concerned because we’re either doing nothing (most likely) or we’re trading OG for a haul and we’ll have a top pick in an interesting draft.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,439

Post#10 » by WuTang_OG » Tue May 31, 2022 1:32 pm

Seems like BS
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,154

Post#11 » by PoundTown » Tue May 31, 2022 1:33 pm

Madhouse wrote:That's nothing new.

Everyone has a price though.

The 4th pick would be interesting, 7th much less so.

I think it's dependent on player being available. Two of the guys he was hottest after in trade-up rumours, were SGA and Giannis, both went 12. The guy they'd ponder that for in this draft appears to be Dyson Daniels. Not about the number of the pick, but just if their guy is available. We got our number 2 guy at 4 this past year, and that guy was everybody elses 5 - 7. Masai and Bobby go against the grain.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,510

Post#12 » by OakleyDokely » Tue May 31, 2022 1:33 pm

I can sum up that entire article:

OG won't be traded unless they get lots.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#13 » by WuTang_OG » Tue May 31, 2022 1:40 pm

Read on Twitter

This article was a waste of time. Pure reach.

If Masai trades OG, its going to be for a haul.

Kings should offer their 4 and more
vulture
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,968

Post#14 » by vulture » Tue May 31, 2022 1:43 pm

Man we are in full off-season mode. I really love OG, but eventually it feels like he is the odd man out because he can't stay healthy.
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#15 » by Madhouse » Tue May 31, 2022 1:44 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

This article was a waste of time. Pure reach.

If Masai trades OG, its going to be for a haul.

Kings should offer their 4 and more

could we fleece them for Barnes and 4?
blastttOFF
General Manager
And1: 8,803

Post#16 » by blastttOFF » Tue May 31, 2022 1:45 pm

OG is top 5 defensively, also if you take away his perimeter shooting long boiz formula not gonna work.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,627

Post#17 » by Bruin » Tue May 31, 2022 1:45 pm

Basically BR wrote another article with zero substance
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,961

Post#18 » by ATLTimekeeper » Tue May 31, 2022 1:49 pm

Sounds like teams desperate to appease disgruntled stars (Mitchell, Lillard) working with Klutch to stir the pot. But, OG wouldn't have a bigger role in Portland. So, only Utah works they don't have enough to offset Gobert's gross salary. I'd ignore the Danny Ainge bull**** angle and key in on Portland's interest. Hart + #7 would definitely be fair value. Unfortunately when you have Klutch clients they'll always be out for Klutch.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,274

Post#19 » by mademan » Tue May 31, 2022 1:52 pm

I'd trade OG for a big package. If you can get the 4th pick and get a high upside player like Ivey/Sharpe to put beside Barnes, you do it imo. If Sharpe fell to 7, i'd take that too.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#20 » by WuTang_OG » Tue May 31, 2022 1:57 pm

These are garbage articles with nothing concrete.

However, it will certainly spark trade calls with Masai if they havent already

Kings have been enamoured with our guys in the past. OG is a HIGH end 2-way guy in this league on a great contract. He would command a GREAT return if Masai was willing.

I wonder if the Kings offer up a package for him. OG would look great next to Sabonis and Fox. Toronto opens up more opportunity for Scottie (just look at end of year when OG was out - Scottie was dominant)

Toronto at 4 would likely target Dyson Daniels although I would love Ivey on this team.

FVV-Dyson
Trent-Dalano
Scottie - Thad
Siakam - Boucher
Precious - Jaylin Williams # 33

Return to Toronto Raptors