ImageImageImageImageImage

SotD: 3PT Talent / Efficiency

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Re: SotD: 3PT Talent / Efficiency 

Post#41 » by Madhouse » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:16 pm

vini_vidi_vici wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
Read on Twitter

You wanna throw up?

7 of our 9 rotational guys (10 if we include Brooks), are in the 30th percentile or worse.

Spoiler:

When people make it about FVV/GTJ, my eyes gloss over because again were talking about volume. Its a team wide issue, and why I try to steer the direction to IMO the bigger issue, the lack of gravity. Teams are just packing the paint/sagging&tagging despite us going to the rim alot and our bigs (more so than the Gs) are hurt by it.

And if you want to look at the positive, the fact Scottie/Pascal killed it inside despite this, is huge.

Holy moly, this is bad. :lol:
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,177

Post#42 » by HiJiNX » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:35 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

So we have guys that can make open catch and shoot threes but not the self created variety. That tracks.

Need another guy with gravity who isn’t one of our shooters to help everyone else out.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#43 » by vini_vidi_vici » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:55 pm

HiJiNX wrote:So we have guys that can make open catch and shoot threes but not the self created variety. That tracks.

Need another guy with gravity who isn’t one of our shooters to help everyone else out.

Nah we have guys creating 3s too. Percentiles are league wide.

Spoiler:

I do agree we could use more gravity though.
iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#44 » by Madhouse » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:10 pm

we can't win championships with a FVV/Trent backcourt!
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,861

Post#45 » by Los_29 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:22 pm

Madhouse wrote:we can't win championships with a FVV/Trent backcourt!

Every year people make these blanket statements and they always turn out to be wrong.

Raptors can't win with Pascal as their #2 (they win a championship)
Lakers can't win with Howard, KCP and Green starting and Rondo, Kuzma, Caruso coming off the bench (they win a championship)
Bucks can't win with Middleton as their #2 (they win a championship)
Bucks can't win with Giannis as their #1 because he can be easily game planned in the playoffs (they win a championship)
Golden State's dynasty is over and they can't win without a #2 (they win a championship)

People also never thought the Warriors could win with that style of play in 2013-14. There were a lot of doubters back then.
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#46 » by Madhouse » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:26 pm

Los_29 wrote:

Every year people make these blanket statements and they always turn out to be wrong.

Lakers can't win with Howard, KCP and Green starting and Rondo, Kuzma, Caruso coming off the bench (they win a championship)
Bucks can't win with Giannis as their #1 because he can be easily game planned in the playoffs (they win a championship)
Golden State's dynasty is over and they can't win without a #2 (they win a championship)

People also never thought the Warriors could win with that style of play in 2013-14. There were a lot of doubters back then.

I will take it back if we win a championship with a FVV/Trent backcourt before he opts out and bolts next year.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,861

Post#47 » by Los_29 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:34 pm

Madhouse wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

I will take it back if we win a championship with a FVV/Trent backcourt before he opts out and bolts next year.

Well if it was about us winning next year then I absolutely agree. LOL.

But I don't think we can say we would never win with that backcourt without knowing how much our younger players will develop. What if Precious becomes a 12/10 switchable, defensive juggernaut, Scottie becomes a top 10 player, OG continues being an elite 3+D player and Pascal continues being an ALL-NBA caliber player? Although I guess if Precious becomes that good he'd be in the starting lineup. Either way, my point still stands. If we have a core group like that plus two competent bench pieces we are going to compete for a championship. Warriors were starting guys like Otto Porter Jr and they won a ship. lol.
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,177

Post#48 » by HiJiNX » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:49 pm

vini_vidi_vici wrote:
HiJiNX wrote:So we have guys that can make open catch and shoot threes but not the self created variety. That tracks.

Nah we have guys creating 3s too. Percentiles are league wide.

Spoiler:

I do agree we could use more gravity though.

I wonder how they arrive at that statistic because my impression is only FVV and Trent Jr. we’re consistently creating 3pt offence for themselves. OG was able to do it at times (often in the clutch, which is always a great time to make shots), but outside of that, guys are mostly making em when they’re catch and shoot and not off their own ball handling/creation. That’s what the eye test tells me anyway. :p
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#49 » by vini_vidi_vici » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:15 pm

HiJiNX wrote:I wonder how they arrive at that statistic because my impression is only FVV and Trent Jr. we’re consistently creating 3pt offence for themselves. OG was able to do it at times (often in the clutch, which is always a great time to make shots), but outside of that, guys are mostly making em when they’re catch and shoot and not off their own ball handling/creation. That’s what the eye test tells me anyway. :p

3PT SHOT CREATION
Our Shot Creation rating looks at a player’s tendencies to create their own 3-point attempts. Percentage of 3-pointers unassisted, along with unassisted 3-pointers per 100 possessions on the court, are leveraged for these calculations. Smaller samples for both inputs are stabilized using a padding method. These values are represented using z-scores.

Note: 3PT Shot Creation does not look at proficiency. This is purely capturing whether or not the player is creating their own shot on 3s.

Thats the formula for it.
iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.

Return to Toronto Raptors