ImageImageImageImageImage

Oddsmaker places Gobert to Toronto at 50-50

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,719

Re: Oddsmaker places Gobert to Toronto at 50-50 

Post#201 » by BoyzNTheHood » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:17 am

everdiso wrote:Finals "Centers"

Draft Combine Measurements (asterisk = unofficial). Height listed without shoes.

A.Horford (30.2mpg in finals): 6'8" height, 7'0.75" wingspan, 8'11" reach, 246lbs
R.Williams (25,2mpg in finals): 6'8" height, 7'4" wingspan*, ???? reach, 255lbs
K.Looney (21.6mpg in finals): 6'8" height, 7'3.5" wingspan, 9'2" reach, 222lbs
Williams' reach is probably around 9'4" because he has around a 7'5.5" wingspan
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#202 » by LastNameEver » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:35 am

Jesus Christ Ainge is one sob, his cache pretty much carried over immediately
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,511

Post#203 » by S.W.A.N » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:03 am

douggood wrote:
ruckus wrote:
I can see Atlanta putting a package around Collins. It'll be an early test of Landry Fields.

its going to be hawks imo; pressure from ownership, GM already saying he wants to shake it up. collins not happy.

report from this morning, take it with a grain of salt.
Read on Twitter

Utah using a Toronto rumor to get teams to bid higher ;)

Hawks and Portland the two teams I'd bet. Both need shakeups and a real defensive bigman to pair with their offensive superstars who don't defend
We the North
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,165

Post#204 » by God Squad » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:49 am

Do Not Want. But with Dallas out of the running it had to increase either our chances or Atlanta.
wegotthabeet
Veteran
And1: 1,940

Post#205 » by wegotthabeet » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:11 am

cbosh4mvp wrote:If it was OG, Boucher, Flynn, I'd do it.

If it was Trent, Boucher, Flynn, + 2x first round picks (2024 & 2026) I'd do it.

Vanvleet
Anunoby
Barnes
Siakam
Gobert - Precious

Depth would be an issue, but that's an 50+ win team top 4 seed easy. Best defensive team in the NBA in my opinion. Precious can also easily sub into this lineup dependent on match up without skipping a beat.

Add guard depth with the MLE & BAE.
Re-sign Thad.
Banton, Champagnie, 33rd pick round out the rotation.

If the price is right I'm interested. His contract is horrible, but that lineup is intriguing not going to lie.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,877

Post#206 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:28 am

wegotthabeet wrote:

If it was Trent, Boucher, Flynn, + 2x first round picks (2024 & 2026) I'd do it.

Vanvleet
Anunoby
Barnes
Siakam
Gobert - Precious

Depth would be an issue, but that's an 50+ win team top 4 seed easy. Best defensive team in the NBA in my opinion. Precious can also easily sub into this lineup dependent on match up without skipping a beat.

Re-sign Thad.

If the price is right I'm interested. His contract is horrible, but that lineup is intriguing not going to lie.

Would we take on the Rudy contract? Sounds like an all in move. Not sure we do that at this point especially with Precious improving and two other UFA's to sign.
wegotthabeet
Veteran
And1: 1,940

Post#207 » by wegotthabeet » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:55 am

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

Vanvleet
Anunoby
Barnes
Siakam
Gobert - Precious

Re-sign Thad.

Would we take on the Rudy contract? Sounds like an all in move. Not sure we do that at this point especially with Precious improving and two other UFA's to sign.

Yeah it's pretty much an all-in move until Scottie's rookie deal expires. Gives them a two or three year window to make deep playoff runs, then the team can reset around Scottie when Gobert expires. A healthy version of that team is a match up nightmare versus any team in the NBA. They'd need to hit on that MLE with a scoring guard off the bench, but you only really need an 8 man rotation come playoff time.

Vanvleet - Anunoby - Barnes - Siakam - Gobert - Achiuwa - MLE - Young

I'm curious to see what kind of impact Gobert would have with elite wing defenders.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#208 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:40 pm

Hypothetical, but would any realgmer put any significant action if I were to open a book or take action offering Gobert to Toronto odds @ 2:1 or even 3:!?

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,934

Post#209 » by ATLTimekeeper » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:34 pm

Sounds like Atlanta will take Gobert as that's the most reasonable package that Utah can get. Ayton was rumoured to Atlanta, but bodog didn't even consider them a threat to go there, so that was likely just garbage.

I didn't take Jake Fischer's rumours seriously, but Scotto is actually legitimately connected and he suggested OG would be available for a "top 10" pick and Portland is in those bodog odds. Most likely OG is a Raptor, but if there's a dude the Raptors love at Portland's pick I could see that coming together on draft day.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,088

Post#210 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:50 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:Sounds like Atlanta will take Gobert as that's the most reasonable package that Utah can get. Ayton was rumoured to Atlanta, but bodog didn't even consider them a threat to go there, so that was likely just garbage.

I didn't take Jake Fischer's rumours seriously, but Scotto is actually legitimately connected and he suggested OG would be available for a "top 10" pick and Portland is in those bodog odds. Most likely OG is a Raptor, but if there's a dude the Raptors love at Portland's pick I could see that coming together on draft day.

I think it's more likely (not to say VERY likely) that OG goes to Portland, #7 plus stuff (Josh Hart?) goes to the Kings, and #4 (Ivey?) plus Richaun Holmes comes back to the Raptors.

It's not likely enough for me to try to add contracts to make it work in the trade machine, but I can envision a deal like that happening.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM

Post#211 » by ATLTimekeeper » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:00 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:Sounds like Atlanta will take Gobert as that's the most reasonable package that Utah can get. Ayton was rumoured to Atlanta, but bodog didn't even consider them a threat to go there, so that was likely just garbage.

I think it's more likely (not to say VERY likely) that OG goes to Portland, #7 plus stuff (Josh Hart?) goes to the Kings, and #4 (Ivey?) plus Richaun Holmes comes back to the Raptors.

It's not likely enough for me to try to add contracts to make it work in the trade machine, but I can envision a deal like that happening.

I'm mostly basing it off bodog's odds that were posted a few pages back:

Toronto Raptors-800
Portland Trail Blazers+750
Utah Jazz+1000
Minnesota Timberwolves+1200
Phoenix Suns+1200
Orlando Magic+5000

Sacramento not even reaching out.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,206

Post#212 » by Dalek » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:15 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:

I think if we could end up with Holmgren you make the trade into the top ten offering OG. Beyond that I would hesitate if I were Toronto. Holzman said it best that it would be tough to draft a player better than OG. The guy is built like a tank, can shoot, defend five positions, and is becoming a better ball handler each year.

I would only part with OG for a C with franchise potential. Chet would be one and Gobert the other. Ivey is a really dynamic player, but if he came out last draft he would have been a fringe late lotto late first prospect. People see Ja Morant, but I am not quite there on the comp.
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#213 » by gerrit4 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:18 pm

I can't see it happening. Had it been during the season before Gobert's extension kicked in, and we still had Boucher & Dragic on the books, then it may have been a bit more possible. I'm also a bit wary of paying guys 35+ Mill per season if I'm not sure they can be on the court in crunch time in a big game.

That said, if Masai & Bobby really believe that we could unlock something with Gobert in the middle, I'd be excited to watch it happen. But beyond the issue of Gobert's big salary on the books, salary matching is really tough! The only trade that actually makes sense is Pascal for Rudy, because then at least we wouldn't be left too thin. But I can't see us trading Pascal.

It would be a fascinating defensive team, but we'd need to find another scorer/playmaker to help score in the half court.
MikeG
Junior
And1: 404

Post#214 » by MikeG » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:23 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

Toronto Raptors-800
Utah Jazz+1000
Phoenix Suns+1200
Orlando Magic+5000

Wait … what odds are this??

Edit—- never mind I found it. Thought you were talking about the Gobert odds I was like WTF
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM

Post#215 » by ATLTimekeeper » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:26 pm

MikeG wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

Toronto Raptors-800
Utah Jazz+1000
Phoenix Suns+1200
Orlando Magic+5000

Wait … what odds are this??

OG's team next year.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,363

Post#216 » by ForeverTFC » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:28 pm

Unless it's Trent + bench pieces, count me out.
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#217 » by JB7 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:48 pm

I'm surprised in all the trade ideas proposed here, Siakam's name has not come up.

When MU traded for Kawhi, it was DD (Raps best player) heading the other way, along with other pieces. MU is not afraid to make the big move if he feels it will help the team.

Deal could be PS for Gobert straight-up. PS would be the best player Utah could get in return.

It keeps shooters surrounding Gobert and Barnes (FVV, OG & GTJ) in the starting lineup. Bench of Precious, Thad, Banton and ? (MLE player). Only players under 6'8/6'9 are FVV and GTJ.

Financially, PS is only making $4.5M less than Gobert next year. Gobert is locked up for 4 years (through the rest of his probably good playing years), while PS will need an extension in 2 years, which will be more costly. Age wise, Gobert is only 2 years older than PS.

Plus, none of the future young core is moved (Barnes, OG, GTJ, and Precious).
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,279

Post#218 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:51 pm

JB7 wrote:I'm surprised in all the trade ideas proposed here, Siakam's name has not come up.

When MU traded for Kawhi, it was DD (Raps best player) heading the other way, along with other pieces. MU is not afraid to make the big move if he feels it will help the team.

Deal could be PS for Gobert straight-up. PS would be the best player Utah could get in return.

It keeps shooters surrounding Gobert and Barnes (FVV, OG & GTJ) in the starting lineup. Bench of Precious, Thad, Banton and ? (MLE player). Only players under 6'8/6'9 are FVV and GTJ.

Financially, PS is only making $4.5M less than Gobert next year. Gobert is locked up for 4 years (through the rest of his probably good playing years), while PS will need an extension in 2 years, which will be more costly. Age wise, Gobert is only 2 years older than PS.

Because trading siakam for gobert doesn't make us better. It tanks our offense and more than offset any improvement (imo marginal) we gain defensively
Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,854

Post#219 » by Raptors Realtor » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:53 pm

douggood wrote:
Read on Twitter

Capella, Collins & 16th... and of course Ainge is asking for more lol, he's so ridiculous.
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#220 » by JB7 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:55 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
JB7 wrote:I'm surprised in all the trade ideas proposed here, Siakam's name has not come up.

Because trading siakam for gobert doesn't make us better. It tanks our offense and more than offset any improvement (imo marginal) we gain defensively

Unless MU thinks Barnes can step into the role PS took on at the end of the season, and MU wants to capitalize on PS value being at its peak. One year ago, a deal like this would have been an absolute no go for Utah. MU sell high on PS and buy low on Gobert.

Return to Toronto Raptors