ImageImageImageImageImage

Oddsmaker places Gobert to Toronto at 50-50

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,801

Re: Oddsmaker places Gobert to Toronto at 50-50 

Post#261 » by Tor_Raps » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:12 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

yup. I think it makes sense for the three of them. and Derozan is more than happy to make passes to Gobert unlike Mitchell

-Vucivic
- Another salary
- Patrick Williams
- #18 pick
- Future First

It makes a lot of sense for Chicago but zero sense for the Jazz. Their defense is pretty pathetic without Gobert.

You put Vucevic as the last line of defense permanently, they will be the worst defensive team in the NBA. It would have to be a 3 way trade with Vucevic going elsewhere.
Dexjackson
Sophomore
And1: 84

Post#262 » by Dexjackson » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:20 pm

Yallbecrazy wrote:I've looked into Walker Kessler and he projects to be Gobert lite on the defensive end with a 9'5 standing reach compared to Gobert's 9'7 to 9'9 depending on where you look.
Both have excellent defensive instincts and very good lateral quickness for their size. Kessler is also much better around the rim and has good hands and can pass fairly well, and while it doesn't look like he will shoot from outside well all is not lost there as he doesn't shy away from taking 3s so he's probably working on that part of his game.

He has a very wide draft projection from early 20s to mid 40s and won't cost 35 million a year so you can be happy with his impact at 10-20 minutes a game.

I'll admit i'm not super knowledgeable on the draft. I watched a few YouTube scouting reports on him and that's about it. I wouldn't be mad if we took a shot on someone like him. If Nurse can make him a more sound defender he could be a monster. He's not very mobile but could make up for it by being smarter positional because he's so tall. That jump shot needs a total overhaul - it's a gut job. His dunks look funny/awkward at times because he's so absurdly long... looks like me dunking on an 8 foot net lol
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,155

Post#263 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:55 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
yup. I think it makes sense for the three of them. and Derozan is more than happy to make passes to Gobert unlike Mitchell

-Vucivic
- Another salary
- Patrick Williams
- #18 pick
- Future First

It makes a lot of sense for Chicago but zero sense for the Jazz. Their defense is pretty pathetic without Gobert.

You put Vucevic as the last line of defense permanently, they will be the worst defensive team in the NBA. It would have to be a 3 way trade with Vucevic going elsewhere.

well Gobert's value is only going down with each passing year. I think they know its over with the both of those guys at an impasse and genuinely don't like each other.

No matter who they will get, their defense will never be as good without Gobert. this is pretty much common knowledge. they will need to retool around Mitchell.

'lockerroom strife which will end up as a no win place for the JAzz (Mitchell would leave etc on his own accord down the line) or build around Mitchell now.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
steveholt
Junior
And1: 274

Post#264 » by steveholt » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:31 pm

Really do not want Gobert on the Raptors. Dont do it Masai!
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,336

Post#265 » by alpngso » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:41 pm

https://hoopshype.com/2022/06/21/raptors-still-an-option-for-rudy-gobert/

Yet I must note that I was strongly advised after that Spotify chat that the Bulls have ongoing reservations about pursuing a Gobert deal and that Toronto remains a team to watch if the Jazz indeed trade away the league’s foremost interior defensive anchor. As I tried to convey in my answer, Gobert is not yet seen as a player virtually certain to move this offseason like Atlanta’s Collins.
Source: Marc Stein
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,759

Post#266 » by MessiahUjiri » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:23 am

alpngso wrote:https://hoopshype.com/2022/06/21/raptors-still-an-option-for-rudy-gobert/

Yet I must note that I was strongly advised after that Spotify chat that the Bulls have ongoing reservations about pursuing a Gobert deal and that Toronto remains a team to watch if the Jazz indeed trade away the league’s foremost interior defensive anchor. As I tried to convey in my answer, Gobert is not yet seen as a player virtually certain to move this offseason like Atlanta’s Collins.
Source: Marc Stein

The Raps deal would be something like this:

Anunoby, Trent, Birch
for
Gobert, O Neale….maybe Nickeil AW

Use MLE to sign a guard. Gary Harris or Patty Mills.

New lineup:

Fred / O Neale / Scottie / Siakam / Gobert
Harris or Mills / Achiuwa / Boucher

I think Thad is gone, but I’d love to bring him back.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,782

Post#267 » by RoyceDa59 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:11 pm

I’m all for it.

Im actually expecting a big leap from Barnes this year as he’s been improving his shot all off season.

FVV
Barnes
OG
Siakam
Gobert

With Trent, Thad, Precious.

That team could come out of the East.
Go Raps!!
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#268 » by will » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:26 pm

Useless come playoff time.

Again, if you want to win the Casey regular season 'chip, Gobert is the guy.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,932

Post#269 » by ATLTimekeeper » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:29 pm

Once again, Stein knows nothing about the Raptors.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#270 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:32 pm

Gobert and Mitchell won't be traded. Nobody will meet Ainge's demands.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#271 » by will » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:38 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Gobert and Mitchell won't be traded. Nobody will meet Ainge's demands.

Danny Ainge simply does not make trades. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,067

Post#272 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:46 pm

RoyceDa59 wrote:I’m all for it.

Im actually expecting a big leap from Barnes this year as he’s been improving his shot all off season.

FVV
Barnes
OG
Siakam
Gobert

Agreed. If you add Gobert to the Raps roster, WITHOUT GIVING UP A DAMN THING, then we would come out of the East.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Post#273 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:52 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:

FVV
Barnes
OG
Siakam
Gobert

Agreed. If you add Gobert to the Raps roster, WITHOUT GIVING UP A DAMN THING, then we would come out of the East.

:lol: guess Masai is sending the mob to get Gobert
Van_Trump
Veteran
And1: 1,266

Post#274 » by Van_Trump » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:58 pm

Man, people are talking about Gobert like he has neutral or even negative value, because of his salary

Ainge will never be able to trade him
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#275 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:58 pm

Son Goku 25 wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

FVV
Barnes
OG
Siakam
Gobert

:lol: guess Masai is sending the mob to get Gobert

kj_
Analyst
And1: 3,298

Post#276 » by kj_ » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:56 pm

JB7 wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
JB7 wrote:
Barnes, Banton and FVV would be the primary ball handlers. Nice thing about Barnes and Banton is they are both pass first players.

I’d hope they are pass first. Both of them are limited offensively at this point in their career. Especially Banton.

If they weren’t pass first we’d have serious issues lol.

It's also a mentality thing. You can see for both, and especially Barnes, that they are looking to get others shots first, before they look for their own shot.

Plus, their offensive games have room to grow. Moving PS, allows the team to put the ball in Barnes hands and just let him grow into his offensive game.

Having siakam on the team allows Barnes the freedom to develop his offensive game without having to match up against the opposing teams best wing defenders. This is good for his game. Too much responsibility too soon stunts development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kj_
Analyst
And1: 3,298

Oddsmaker places Gobert to Toronto at 50-50 

Post#277 » by kj_ » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:15 pm

will wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:Gobert and Mitchell won't be traded. Nobody will meet Ainge's demands.

Danny Ainge simply does not make trades. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For a guy that simply doesn’t make trades, there are a lot of trades made by him.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/best-decade-danny-ainges-top-10-celtics-trades

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/danny-ainge-trade-history-recapping-celtics-gms-notable-season-moves

There’s some overlap, but these aren’t even lists of all his trades.

The level of - repeat the message even when not true to create a false narrative - on this site is legendary.

Edit:

https://www.celticsblog.com/22465698/danny-ainges-unmatched-trade-math-boston-celtics

He made 66 trades as Celtics GM. Hahhahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
goinrogue
Analyst
And1: 3,224

Post#278 » by goinrogue » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:55 pm

I know Gary and OG will most likely be the trade pieces going out but I wonder if Masai would ever trade Gary and Fred instead.

Scottie, OG, Precious, Pascal and Gobert would be nuts.

It’s weird that this isn’t getting much attention because we’ve been consistently linked to Rudy Gobert. I feel like fans just don’t want it to happen so are ignoring it lol.
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,379

Post#279 » by Courtside » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:58 pm

goinrogue wrote:I know Gary and OG will most likely be the trade pieces going out but I wonder if Masai would ever trade Gary and Fred instead.

Scottie, OG, Precious, Pascal and Gobert would be nuts.

It’s weird that this isn’t getting much attention because we’ve been consistently linked to Rudy Gobert. I feel like fans just don’t want it to happen so are ignoring it lol.

There are more posts in here from a small groupnof fans hoping to "will this to happen" than anything else.

Once Rudy signed that max extension, we stopped being linked to him. Anything since then has been supposition or suggestion by media members and never anything solid.

That's why few are taking this seriously.
TheGameWinner
Veteran
And1: 1,361

Post#280 » by TheGameWinner » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:14 pm

Psubs wrote::o :o :o :o :o :o

PG FVV - Banton - Flynn
SG NAW/Banton - Champagnie
SF Barnes - Thadd
PF Siakam - Precious
C Gobert/Precious

No spacing. Team sneaks into play-in... at best.

Return to Toronto Raptors