ImageImageImageImageImage

Shams: Kyrie and Nets at impasse, Knicks and Lakers potential suitors

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,330

Re: Shams: Kyrie and Nets at impasse, Knicks and Lakers potential suitors 

Post#101 » by douggood » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:29 am

Son Goku 25 wrote:I missed it, is there a rumor KD is also looking out or are we just Fantasizing?

fantasizing.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,803

Post#102 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:01 am

Reeko wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:The Lakers may be interested;
But would Kyrie really have any interest in playing under LeBron again?

In recent interviews Kyrie has lamented how he handled his time in Cleveland. He essentially said that he didn't appreciate and took for granted LeBron's leadership.

So I don't think he would be opposed to the idea of reuniting with Bron.

He believes he was misunderstood just as Lebron was. I wouldn't think he learned anything really.
libertyYYZ
Pro Prospect
And1: 761

Post#103 » by libertyYYZ » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:23 am

TheBoi10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sean Marks, if he's smart, will add to his team by subtracting. Headcases aren't good for any team no matter how talented the player may be.

At the end of the day, he's a 30=year-old small score-first point guard with limited leadership skills and can't defend anything larger than himself. He warps the floor on offence, but does the same on defence. Marks is right to move on.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -- Michael Jordan
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,330

Post#104 » by douggood » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:25 am

good think durant signed a 4 year extension last offseason (kyrie/harden) declined max offers. short term pain, but long term bkn might be ok. they should play hardball with kyrie.

they owe Houston picks in 2024 and 2026
swap in 23/25/27

but they have phi pick incoming, 2023 and 2027

so they are pick neutral, rest depends on how the teams turn out in terms of picks outgoing/incoming/swap.
Rainman66
Pro Prospect
And1: 106

Post#105 » by Rainman66 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:19 am

TheBoi10 wrote:
mtcan wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:I had my FVV+GTJ+FRP for KD proposal teed up

Vision 6-9's final form realized...

Scottie
OG
KD
Pascal
Precious

Hoo man I'd love to see that squad but he'd never want to come here after the Achilles tear cheering :noway:

What is up with the notion that raptor fans were cheering for KD's injury but rather they were cheering for the raptors defence forcing a turnover on that play.
When your at the game you don't hear commentary, and its barely comprehensible to assume a player is injured by falling down, something that happens to a player a thousand times throughout a game.
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,077

Post#106 » by mihaic » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:50 am

Backcountry wrote:
Dexjackson wrote:
mtcan wrote:Vision 6-9's final form realized...

Scottie
OG
KD
Pascal
Precious

The potential of this lineup is unreal. You'd have to pull the trigger. Even if it's OG and GTJ and picks, I still pull the trigger. This puts us in title contention for a few years. KD would put everyone in a more comfortable position in the pecking order as the Alpha. KD is no slouch defensively but we could still get him some easier assignments defensively within these lineups. It's just a matter of whether he would come here. I do think he's someone you take a chance on because if all goes well, that could be a phenomenal team.

I just wonder how his body stands up to 40+ minutes per game? #nicknursegameplan :lol:

You are insulting the inventors of the NBA load management :wink:
Sidthekid87
Sixth Man
And1: 2,973

Post#107 » by Sidthekid87 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:04 am

Rainman66 wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:
mtcan wrote:Vision 6-9's final form realized...

Scottie
OG
KD
Pascal
Precious

Hoo man I'd love to see that squad but he'd never want to come here after the Achilles tear cheering :noway:

What is up with the notion that raptor fans were cheering for KD's injury but rather they were cheering for the raptors defence forcing a turnover on that play.
When your at the game you don't hear commentary, and its barely comprehensible to assume a player is injured by falling down, something that happens to a player a thousand times throughout a game.

Was at the game. We were definitely cheering the injury in the moment, not my proudest time, but I'm sure like many other fans, it wasn't about kd getting injured, it just kinda cemented the chip. Everyone can say what they want but they 19 gstate team without KD was not on the raps level whatsoever, but when kd came back it got dicey. I can't speak for the fans but for myself I was cheering because it just cemented that we won the chip, and obviously didn't know the guy blew his Achilles in the moment.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#108 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:52 am

Kyrie for Westbrook would be the GOAT trade
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,101

Post#109 » by tecumseh18 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:09 am

Sidthekid87 wrote:
Rainman66 wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:

Was at the game. We were definitely cheering the injury in the moment, not my proudest time, but I'm sure like many other fans, it wasn't about kd getting injured, it just kinda cemented the chip. Everyone can say what they want but they 19 gstate team without KD was not on the raps level whatsoever, but when kd came back it got dicey. I can't speak for the fans but for myself I was cheering because it just cemented that we won the chip, and obviously didn't know the guy blew his Achilles in the moment.

I was there, too. You are 100% correct. Once the Raptors scored on the play, we immediately shifted our focus back to KD still down on the floor. We didn't "know" it was bad, but we strongly suspected it.

It was a weird vibe that night at the ACC/SBA, like a Roman gladiator fight in the Coliseum. Obviously Raptors fans love/fear/respect the hell out of KD. But everyone knew it was a stupid decision for him to come back and try to play on his (undisclosed) injury. And for him to do it just as we were on the cusp of our first championship, and then start hitting every shot in the first quarter+, really pissed us off. We jeered him while he was down (until Serge and Lowry told us to stop).

Anyway, KD showed he really appreciated the dynamics at play when he came on Serge's always-excellent "How Hungry Are You?" and addressed it in response to Serge's direct question.
mihaic
Lead Assistant

Post#110 » by mihaic » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:26 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:Kyrie for Westbrook would be the GOAT trade

They may need to add ad as filler/sweetener. I think it would be AD for Irving.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,451

Post#111 » by mtcan » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:29 pm

mihaic wrote:

You mean the package of Kendrick Nunn, Austin Reeves and THT isn't sweet enough?
mihaic
Lead Assistant

Post#112 » by mihaic » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:32 pm

mtcan wrote:
mihaic wrote:

You mean the package of Kendrick Nunn, Austin Reeves and THT isn't sweet enough?

Not for my cup of tea
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,558

Post#113 » by 2019nbachamps » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:41 pm

I think Nets will cave on Kyrie to keep KD happy.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,360

Post#114 » by MadDogSHWA » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:26 pm

There has been talk since the vaccine mandate was dropped that it might come back the next winter. I wonder if this is simply the Nets asking him to get vaccinated.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
Rainman66
Pro Prospect
And1: 106

Post#115 » by Rainman66 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:21 pm

Sidthekid87 wrote:
Rainman66 wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:

Thanks for the insight. It def seems like it was cheering for kd injury for means of winning rather than cheering kd injury and hoping that kd had torn his achilles.

For instance, I remember being at the okc game when most fans thought Champagnie won the game on a putback but fans like me knew that shot was way too late.
redeye514
Analyst
And1: 4,791

Post#116 » by redeye514 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:09 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Sidthekid87 wrote:
Rainman66 wrote:What is up with the notion that raptor fans were cheering for KD's injury but rather they were cheering for the raptors defence forcing a turnover on that play.

I was there, too. You are 100% correct. Once the Raptors scored on the play, we immediately shifted our focus back to KD still down on the floor. We didn't "know" it was bad, but we strongly suspected it.

It was a weird vibe that night at the ACC/SBA, like a Roman gladiator fight in the Coliseum. Obviously Raptors fans love/fear/respect the hell out of KD. But everyone knew it was a stupid decision for him to come back and try to play on his (undisclosed) injury. And for him to do it just as we were on the cusp of our first championship, and then start hitting every shot in the first quarter+, really pissed us off. We jeered him while he was down (until Serge and Lowry told us to stop).

Anyway, KD showed he really appreciated the dynamics at play when he came on Serge's always-excellent "How Hungry Are You?" and addressed it in response to Serge's direct question.

I was at the game, my perspective is a bit different than above.

I think there were a few things at play, and not everyone was cheering for same thing.

1. It was a turnover + raps bucket - so the place was loud for that. Most people had no idea KD went down.

2. Then a timeout, place cheering Raptors going into the break (normal) while some people start to realize KD went down.

3. Then some confusion on KD (although I saw KD go down right away, most people followed the play to the other end of the court).. you could hear a lot of 'hey, what are people looking at?' 'oh, what happened to KD?' 'Did KD get hurt?' type comments...

4. Then after a min KD got up, and there were cheers. HOWEVER, while I acknowledge some fans were cheering the injury, I know for a fact that a lot of people were also simply cheering for KD getting up and walking back... not cheering against him, rather for him... very common in sports to applaud an injured player as hes getting back up. I was clapping at that point, and I saw a ton of people who were giving 'best of luck' type applause (trust me, I m a hardcore heckler myself, I can tell when someone is applauding you in a 'get the F outta here' kinda way... and again, yes, some fans were applauding the injury, but a lot were just cheering him getting up)

5. Then Serge & Lowry motioned to the fans to stop, which in my opinion is really what started the whole 'everyone in toronto applauded KD's injury' narrative came from, because Serge/Lowry doing that made it seem like everyone was cheering his injury, which simply was not the case. SOme people? ABsolutley. A lot of people? ehhhh, maybe, but I dont think so. Everyone? No. But once Serge / Lowry motioned to the fans to stop, we all got painted with the same brush.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,101

Post#117 » by tecumseh18 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:57 pm

redeye514 wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
Sidthekid87 wrote:

I was at the game, my perspective is a bit different than above.

I think there were a few things at play, and not everyone was cheering for same thing.

1. It was a turnover + raps bucket - so the place was loud for that. Most people had no idea KD went down.

2. Then a timeout, place cheering Raptors going into the break (normal) while some people start to realize KD went down.

3. Then some confusion on KD (although I saw KD go down right away, most people followed the play to the other end of the court).. you could hear a lot of 'hey, what are people looking at?' 'oh, what happened to KD?' 'Did KD get hurt?' type comments...

4. Then after a min KD got up, and there were cheers. HOWEVER, while I acknowledge some fans were cheering the injury, I know for a fact that a lot of people were also simply cheering for KD getting up and walking back... not cheering against him, rather for him... very common in sports to applaud an injured player as hes getting back up. I was clapping at that point, and I saw a ton of people who were giving 'best of luck' type applause (trust me, I m a hardcore heckler myself, I can tell when someone is applauding you in a 'get the F outta here' kinda way... and again, yes, some fans were applauding the injury, but a lot were just cheering him getting up)

5. Then Serge & Lowry motioned to the fans to stop, which in my opinion is really what started the whole 'everyone in toronto applauded KD's injury' narrative came from, because Serge/Lowry doing that made it seem like everyone was cheering his injury, which simply was not the case. SOme people? ABsolutley. A lot of people? ehhhh, maybe, but I dont think so. Everyone? No. But once Serge / Lowry motioned to the fans to stop, we all got painted with the same brush.

Of course, I can't know what the other 18,999 fans in the building were thinking or yelling. We're each in our own bubble in a crazy loud arena. Not sure where you were, but I was on the 300 level in my usual Row 4 seats just above where KD went down. It would make sense that there would be many different reactions, and that those reactions would be ambiguous.

But ... there was a crowd dynamic that took hold. This was the closest that I've ever come to attending Hitler-esque "night rally". Maybe a Trump rally is similar. But I would stick with the Roman Coliseum analogy - waiting for Caesar to motion thumbs up or down. It was rather unsettling to be caught up in the mob psychology. And the shift in the energy that took place when Serge and Kyle brought us back to our senses was palpable. Then we gladly chanted "KD, KD" as he was led out.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,895

Post#118 » by Merit » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:52 pm

mtcan wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:
Madvillainy2004 wrote:Time to fire up OG + Trent + picks for KD in trade machine lmao

I had my FVV+GTJ+FRP for KD proposal teed up

Vision 6-9's final form realized...

Scottie
OG
KD
Pascal
Precious

DROOL
I believe in Masai.
RIP Kobe
Analyst
And1: 4,505

Post#119 » by RIP Kobe » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:54 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:There has been talk since the vaccine mandate was dropped that it might come back the next winter. I wonder if this is simply the Nets asking him to get vaccinated.

it's not coming back.
mihaic
Lead Assistant

Post#120 » by mihaic » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:04 pm

Rainman66 wrote:
Sidthekid87 wrote:
Rainman66 wrote:What is up with the notion that raptor fans were cheering for KD's injury but rather they were cheering for the raptors defence forcing a turnover on that play.

Thanks for the insight. It def seems like it was cheering for kd injury for means of winning rather than cheering kd injury and hoping that kd had torn his achilles.

For instance, I remember being at the okc game when most fans thought Champagnie won the game on a putback but fans like me knew that shot was way too late.

Haha I was at that okc game too. It definitely felt his putback was late but everyone around me was cheering...

Return to Toronto Raptors