ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ - Jeramai Grant to Portland for (MIL 2025 pick)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,481

Re: WOJ - Jeramai Grant to Portland for (MIL 2025 pick) 

Post#81 » by bballsparkin » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:56 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:Grant and Wood seemed to both get moved for far less than I would have imagined even a month ago.

They both are talented with an over-inflated sense of worth in the league, IMO. Grant could have stayed with Denver and been a part of a contender but instead chose a rebuilding Detroit. Only to wind up being traded to a lesser team with the same role he would have had on Denver. If either knew their role I think their value in the league would be more.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#82 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:49 pm

bballsparkin wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:Grant and Wood seemed to both get moved for far less than I would have imagined even a month ago.

They both are talented with an over-inflated sense of worth in the league, IMO. Grant could have stayed with Denver and been a part of a contender but instead chose a rebuilding Detroit. Only to wind up being traded to a lesser team with the same role he would have had on Denver. If either knew their role I think their value in the league would be more.

They both have 1 yr left on their deals, teams don't over extend anymore for expirings. Teams want players with term now to fork over some holiday like packages for multiple firsts

In Raptor Ball I Trust
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,261

Post#83 » by John Murdoch » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:12 pm

alienchild wrote:DET has $43 million in capspace, and Ayton, Beal and Irving could all be in play :D

Kyrie and Beal dont fit the timeline . Ayton tho is nice with Case
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,249

Post#84 » by pingpongrac » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:24 pm

1. They're both expiring contracts and likely looking for one more big(ger) payday in their late 20s.

2. They aren't near as valuable as some people think. Putting up decent raw stats with high usage for the 2 worst teams in the league doesn't mean very much, yet we had people claiming Grant is better than Siakam last season and others wanted to trade Siakam / sign Wood after the bubble two seasons ago.

Return to Toronto Raptors