ImageImageImageImageImage

If we get #7, which Canadian do you hope we pick?

Which Canadian Do You Prefer?

Mathurin
32%
Sharpe
68%

Total votes: 82

PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,279

Re: If we get #7, which Canadian do you hope we pick? 

Post#41 » by PhilBlackson » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:43 pm

Sandman88 wrote:Sharpe slightly over Mathurin as he has that superstar potential. Mathurin is more NBA ready and is probably more of a sure thing.

Personally that's why I'd ONLY really be tempted to do it for Sharpe. It's go big or go home. I don't trade OG for a guy like Mathurin who projects to be at a similar level, may be very slightly higher long term over OG. If you connect on Sharpe (who was going to be projected as a top 3 pick next year) then you have a superstar, that's really the only scenario that makes that gamble imo worth it. If you missed, it sucks but oh well it was done with the intention of cashing in on good for great but if you hit, you knock it out of the park...no half measures.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,142

Post#42 » by Chandan » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:50 pm

Hansari wrote:
Don't doubt Masai/Bobby's ultimate goal of building this core into a contender. They've made several moves in past offseasons towards this cause and with FVV/Pascal heading into their peak w/ Scottie's rapid development, I think they consider this a core that can compete. OG and GTJ are the odd men out

that's some bad reflective lighting done on Scottie in your sig. He's not that shiny. It almost looks like...

Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,527

Post#43 » by Jcity08 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:01 pm

Portland needs to throw in more than just the #7 for OG who's on pace to have a career year this upcoming season and who we have locked for 3 more years at very good value.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,480

Post#44 » by Spida888 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:51 pm

Jcity08 wrote:Portland needs to throw in more than just the #7 for OG who's on pace to have a career year this upcoming season and who we have locked for 3 more years at very good value.

Locked for 2 more years because he will likely opt out of his player option, unless he signs an extension in 2024.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#45 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:53 pm

hype_2004 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:None you don't pick someone just because they're from Canada. I've seen both and I'm not that impressed especially Mathurin. If Jaden Ivey is available you take him h will be a bonafide Superstar or go out of left field and draft the youngest player with the highest upside in Jalen Duren to fill out a need in the middle and groom him to be the Center for next decade.

Ivey, Murray, or Duren (maybe, not sold on him)

I always trust my gut feeling and the eye test was right on Barnes and Doncic beforehand. Trust me Duren will make a definite impact right away if he falls in the right situation, and 5 years from now we'll be wondering why this kid wasn't the no.1 overall pick. He can do everything Mobley does while having a 38 inch vertical,10+inch hands, 7'5.5 wingspan and weighing 250+ lbs, this kid is freak of nature.

does he have the defensive intuition that Mobley has? people were saying that is what Mobley is - a generational defender.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#46 » by LastNameEver » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:38 pm

Simons and 7 and i’ll add a lil sweetener to OG
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,341

Post#47 » by alpngso » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:41 pm

Swing for the fences with Sharpe. Organization health and structure can help Sharpe's maturity
bobbyp3588
Senior
And1: 498

Post#48 » by bobbyp3588 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:45 pm

LastNameEver wrote:Simons and 7 and i’ll add a lil sweetener to OG

Simons isn’t on the table. They love him, and frankly he’s not nearly good enough defensively to enamour our FO. He’s not a player we’d want at all, cuz Nurse wouldn’t play him.

All this is just a big waste of all of our time. OG is waking up tomorrow a Raptor, no doubt.
Marmoset
Veteran
And1: 563

Post#49 » by Marmoset » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:00 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:Even Barnes knows Raptor fans dunno ish about the draft

You could apply this to fans of ANY team. How many YouTube clips are there of Magic fans screaming at their supposed good fortune when the Barnes selection was announced, or Knicks fans cheering on the pick of their next lottery bust? And so on.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,504

Post#50 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:01 pm

Masai passes on both for Sochan.
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#51 » by Madhouse » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:10 pm

bobbyp3588 wrote:
LastNameEver wrote:Simons and 7 and i’ll add a lil sweetener to OG

Simons isn’t on the table. They love him, and frankly he’s not nearly good enough defensively to enamour our FO. He’s not a player we’d want at all, cuz Nurse wouldn’t play him.

All this is just a big waste of all of our time. OG is waking up tomorrow a Raptor, no doubt.

it's a forum for discussions, lol. That's the point of it when no games are being played. Everything is a waste of time in ways.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,574

Post#52 » by bluerap23 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:51 pm

If you are talking about trading Og for one of them the answer is neither
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,583

Post#53 » by Syd-TK3 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:55 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Masai passes on both for Sochan.

Yikes
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,504

Post#54 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:09 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:

Yikes

He has the potential to be the Scottie of this draft, especially if he's drafted by the right team.

In 5 years, I'd bet on him being a more impactful NBA player than both of the players listed in the poll.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,583

Post#55 » by Syd-TK3 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:17 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:

Yikes

He has the potential to be the Scottie of this draft, especially if he's drafted by the right team.

In 5 years, I'd bet on him being a more impactful NBA player than both of the players listed in the poll.

I don't see it Dyson I can
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#56 » by LiSTWithLani » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:58 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
LiSTWithLani wrote:
LiSTWithLani wrote:Nobody excites me that much, but there are always guys that look good each year, so I trust in Masai.

I most certainly prefer OG over anybody at that point. Personally, I'd keep OG, start him at the 3 and run with GTj off of the bench, still getting his 30mins a game. Precious or a FA can start at Center and we can switch everything.
Let's lean in to what we are doing really well. I don't really see the need for more smaller players, GTj can crush opposing teams off of the bench and be featured.

Precious/ FA*
Siakam/ Boucher
Anunoby/ Young
Barnes/ TrentJr
VanVleet

FA: Hartenstein/ Bamba/ Jalen Smith

We can run PG by force in the minutes that Fred sits. Both Barnes and Siakam are highly capable initiators. Size is too important in today's league to be focused on specific traits.

I'd love to get my hands on a Jrue Holiday/ Marcus Smart/ Alex Caruso type through the draft or in FA using the BAE. If Banton is ready to step up, fantastic, but otherwise I don't think that we need much else.

Internal improvement will make us look even better next year, plus health would go a long way. We were really deadly last year when we had our full rotation.

Just read a report that Dejounte Murray is available. I would happily trade OG for him, or prefer to send GTj or Fred for him.
DM would fit our team like a glove. He fits the timeline that Scottie is on, he plays prodigious defense and can play North/South, while being a passable shooter. Like the bolded names above, he would allow us to remain super switchable, without giving up PG skills.

same problem - he's not a real great scorer and can't shoot 3s. and needs the ball in his hands to succeed. SAS definitely built him up and now want to jettison him because he's not a real franchise player but is wanting an overpay for teams to get him. Jrue Holiday got traded like he was a franchise player.

Raptors aren't going to trade away 3 draft picks for anyone and especially not for Murray imho.

I know better than most that the best way to get good value is by buying well. If the purchase price is too high, he's definitely not the one. Still, I have no issue with him being our lead guard. He remains young, very athletic, he keeps improving andhe can guard all wing positions. If he can be helped to improve his jump shot, he fits our offense by committee, defense by suffocation style.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#57 » by macNcheese3 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:25 pm

Spida888 wrote:Sharpe, he has more shot creation potential. Won't complain if we end up with Mathurin either, he's supposedly like "Ray Allen" according to a reporter lol.

He doesn't seem like a Ray Allen
Landomar
Bench Warmer
And1: 373

Post#58 » by Landomar » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:22 pm

I'd go with Sharpe. Give me the mystery box that can jump really high! I wouldn't trade OG for him though unless Portland is sending back significant other pieces in the deal.
Snowwy
Junior
And1: 209

Post#59 » by Snowwy » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:36 pm

douggood wrote:tell me if i am wrong but;
but Mathurin is more of a shooter scorer (devin booker top end; tim haraway jr median; someone like terrance ross on the low end)

shadon sharpe is more of a ball in hand scorer (zach lavine/andrew wiggins top end; norm powell median; generic athletic sg low end).

Yes, but both players way more likely to be on the lower end of your player comps.
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,154

Post#60 » by PoundTown » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:51 pm

Mister Ze wrote:Feels like the team would be selling low if all they got back was the 7th.

Yeah, it would have to be Hart and 7 realistically. Hart would fit in well here.

Return to Toronto Raptors