ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - You gotta love Knicks fans

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Jim Todd Jr.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,483

Re: OT - You gotta love Knicks fans 

Post#21 » by Jim Todd Jr. » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:12 pm

They will land Brunson.

Frankly, while it will be an overpay - I think its a good move for them culture wise. They usually have big names with bad work ethic and get underwhelming performance. This is the opposite.
Chips with the dip baybeeee.
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,989

Post#22 » by Mack11 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:13 pm

i wonder if KD regrets not coming to the kniiiicks
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,506

Post#23 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:20 pm

Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,827

Post#24 » by Los_29 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:42 pm

Jim Todd Jr. wrote:They will land Brunson.

Frankly, while it will be an overpay - I think its a good move for them culture wise. They usually have big names with bad work ethic and get underwhelming performance. This is the opposite.

There is no way that overpaying Jalen Brunson is a good move. Those are notoriously bad moves and ones that only a team like the Knicks would make. It would be a disaster.

With that said, they did have a great draft day in my opinion. There is a chance that all three of those picks they got back from OKC convey and end up in that 15-25 range.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#25 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:44 pm

Maybe they are going for Kyrie Irving, not Brunson
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#26 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:47 pm

You really do have to love them.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,875

Post#27 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:50 pm

I feel bad for Knicks fans, not gonna lie.

New York was once the Mecca of Basketball, they have one of the most passionate fanbases.
As an NBA fan, I want to see playoff basketball at MSG.

That franchise at the moment is a dumpster fire and their fans deserve better.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Jim Todd Jr.
Bench Warmer

Post#28 » by Jim Todd Jr. » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:52 pm

Los_29 wrote:

There is no way that overpaying Jalen Brunson is a good move. Those are notoriously bad moves and ones that only a team like the Knicks would make. It would be a disaster.

With that said, they did have a great draft day in my opinion. There is a chance that all three of those picks they got back from OKC convey and end up in that 15-25 range.

Im just saying I would rather overpay Brunson than overpay the list of guys the knicks have overpayed throughout the years who were culture killers and on the decline. At least he will set a good tone.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,481

Post#29 » by Brinbe » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:53 pm

knick fans are us. they're our cousins basically. they ride and die as much as we do. the fact they're all still as crazy and rabid as they are after literal decades of awful management says a lot about them that I respect a lot. you definitely can't accuse them of being bandwagonners or whatever. and as that poll shows, they're pretty smart fans and are usually realistic about their team.

i remember we would always get into it with them back in the VC days and obviously that's cooled a bit since we've hit an upward trajectory and they've been mostly horrible.

it's crazy how bad they've been for so long now. It all starts up top, they have terrible ownership, unfortunately.

anyway, nothing but respect for our knicks brethren. same with the philly ppls. just the nets/celtics fans I dislike.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#30 » by vini_vidi_vici » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:01 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:I feel bad for Knicks fans, not gonna lie.

New York was once the Mecca of Basketball, they have one of the most passionate fanbases.
As an NBA fan, I want to see playoff basketball at MSG.

That franchise at the moment is a dumpster fire and their fans deserve better.

Were Raptors brethren, so dont take this personally. **** them and your empathy for them.

A divisional rival, a team we had a rivalry with in the early 2000s, I hope they wallow in misery forever. To be fair, I feel that way about the entire eastern conference (but more the Knicks). I live to and breathe to **** all over my friends who are knicks lifers.
iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,572

Post#31 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:05 pm

Los_29 wrote:

No way, two of those picks are top 18 protected for like the next two years and then eventually turn into 2nds, that's why OKC traded them. The other one belongs to a likely playoff team if I'm not mistaken

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,827

Post#32 » by Los_29 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:10 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

No way, two of those picks are top 18 protected for like the next two years and then eventually turn into 2nds, that's why OKC traded them. The other one belongs to a likely playoff team if I'm not mistaken

Knicks in:
- 2023 first round pick via Detroit (protected 1-18 until 2024, protected 1-13 in 2025, protected 1-11 in 2026, protected 1-9 in 2027) (otherwise 2027 second round pick)
- 2023 first round pick via Washington (protected 1-14 in 2023, protected 1-12 in 2024, protected 1-10 in 2025, protected 1-8 in 2026)(otherwise 2026 and 2027 second round picks)
- 2025 first-round pick via Milwaukee (protected 1-4) (otherwise nothing)
-$18 million in cap space

Those picks are definitely conveying. It will just take 2-3 years. Not only will they convey but two of those picks are going to be in the middle of the first round.

Great trade by the Knicks.
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,793

Post#33 » by Lord_Zedd » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:17 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Maybe they are going for Kyrie Irving, not Brunson

Realistically they'll end up with Delon Wright or Patty Mills.

Using the picks acquired to dump role players, only to end up with a different set of role players is Knicks basketball.
DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#34 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:26 pm

They're not going to land Brunson either, Cuban isn't going to let him walk, they can offer him more money n years. He'll be a Mav on July 1st

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Young Moosehead
Veteran
And1: 4,025

Post#35 » by Young Moosehead » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:31 pm

alienchild wrote:
Quattro wrote:Was on their forum to see what they thought of the trades the Knicks made last night. Check out the results of the poll:

viewtopic.php?t=2205805&start=220

I’m genuinely at the point where I feel sorry for that fanbase.

Knicks and their fanbase are stuck in an S&M relationship. Fifty Shades worth.

50 shades of self harm. I swear they find a new way to cause themselves pain every off season.
“It’s like being the ugly step child… I’m 6’9 in my heart.” - FVV
Jim Todd Jr.
Bench Warmer

Post#36 » by Jim Todd Jr. » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:47 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:

They're not going to land Brunson either, Cuban isn't going to let him walk, they can offer him more money n years. He'll be a Mav on July 1st

why does it matter that they can offer more money? its not like hes getting the max
DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#37 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:50 pm

Jim Todd Jr. wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

why does it matter that they can offer more money? its not like hes getting the max

So he's just going to leave a team that was just in the west finals for NY for less money at that.

That's before factoring the added taxes for NY compared to Texas ??

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Jim Todd Jr.
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by Jim Todd Jr. » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:58 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
Jim Todd Jr. wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

So he's just going to leave a team that was just in the west finals for NY for less money at that.

A/ Hes from Jersey
B/ His dad is the assistant coach
C/ Less money is pure speculation - if NY offers 4/100M is Cuban going to match that? I dunno
DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#39 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:09 pm

Jim Todd Jr. wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
Jim Todd Jr. wrote:

A/ Hes from Jersey
B/ His dad is the assistant coach
C/ Less money is pure speculation - if NY offers 4/100M is Cuban going to match that? I dunno

yes Dallas will match his contract demands, he's not going to let him walk for free. He was just a starter for the Mavs in the west finals...

Cuban has said countless of times he'll pay the tax when ready.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,431

Post#40 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:36 pm

I categorically hate New York and Boston sports teams, but the Knicks are so embarrassing it's hard not to feel sorry for their fans.

Return to Toronto Raptors