ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agency starts Jun 30 6PM EST : Targets

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Free Agency starts Jun 30 6PM EST : Targets 

Post#1 » by alienchild » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:52 pm

I think Raptors will sign at least 1 of Boucher and Thad, but if they only get one of them, I'd be hoping for Ricky Rubio.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,432

Re: Free Agency starts Jun 30 6PM EST : Targets 

Post#2 » by mtcan » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:02 pm

alienchild wrote:I think Raptors will sign at least 1 of Boucher and Thad, but if they only get one of them, I'd be hoping for Ricky Rubio.

You want another guard who isn't a good shooter? We have a lot of players on the roster who can't shoot.

I'm hopeful to keep both Boucher and Thad. We need that veteran presence off the bench. And then hopefully we have couple of guards who can hit a jump shot as well.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#3 » by 720 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:06 pm

Try and bring back Thad, think Boucher is gone (unless his market is really dry).

Get a shooter or a creator to come off the bench. Idk how much adding we’ll be doing. Nurse sorta sounded like he wants improvement to come from within and he wants a young bench mob back, we have plenty of young players. Maybe he’s thinking about playing some of them more.
mtcan
RealGM

Post#4 » by mtcan » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:11 pm

720 wrote:Try and bring back Thad, think Boucher is gone (unless his market is really dry).

Get a shooter or a creator to come off the bench. Idk how much adding we’ll be doing. Nurse sorta sounded like he wants improvement to come from within and he wants a young bench mob back, we have plenty of young players. Maybe he’s thinking about playing some of them more.

I'm excited for summer league because I really want to see Dalano and Champagnie but especially Dalano. He needs to let the game slow down a bit and get that jump shot right. He could be a stud if he figures that out. He's got length, speed and court vision. I hope to see his offence continue to evolve in summer league.
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,249

Post#5 » by pingpongrac » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:12 pm

If we can bring back Boucher + Thad (or someone else with similar skillsets) for ~20M and add a guard that can handle the ball and shoot a bit with the MLE, it would be a successful offseason. Locking FVV up with an extension as well would make it a very successful offseason. With the news of Brunson potentially getting 25M/year, it's even more important to lock FVV up ASAP.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,007

Post#6 » by raptor jesus » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:19 pm

I don't know who's available really, but it'd be nice to get a vet shooter instead of the usual rehabilitation of young players who underwhelemd elsewhere e.g. Stanley, RHJ, Bembry, Svi, etc.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,748

Post#7 » by Badonkadonk » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:25 pm

1. Malik Monk - finally showed some of that Kentucky potential, still only 24, addresses the biggest deficiency (near 40% from deep last 2 seasons) and has some secondary ballhandling chops.

2. Gary Harris - shooting, can probably be had for cheap, 27

3. Isaiah Hartenstein - seems like teams have woken up to his value so maybe priced out; surprisingly good defender, great passer, efficient, would fit well with Raps' schemes, nice hedge against Koloko's developmental process

https://www.clipsnation.com/2021/12/5/22815675/isaiah-hartenstein-first-los-angeles-clippers-season-constant-impact-rockets-nuggets-cavaliers
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,877

Post#8 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:28 pm

720 wrote:Try and bring back Thad, think Boucher is gone (unless his market is really dry).

Both will be back due to Bird rights. I think Raps are likely to either let Flynn, Brooks, David Johnson and maybe Jaylen Harris duke it out for other point guard minutes or perhaps sign a Pops player like Bryn Forbes for some shooting. If they want a proven back-up then Paddy Mills or Delon Wright might be in the mix but it doesn't look like a development plan for minutes allocation. Also Paskal and Scottie pushing the ball negates the need for another pure point even though Mills and Delon are great vets and valuable injury insurance. Because Johnson is a shooter he likely gets the other 2 way besides RHjr.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,279

Post#9 » by ruckus » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:28 pm

Want Thad and Boucher to come back and hoping guys like Bruce Brown or Kyle Anderson are available for the MLE.
RealGM

Post#10 » by 720 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:33 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Both will be back due to Bird rights. I think Raps are likely to either let Flynn, Brooks, David Johnson and maybe Jaylen Harris duke it out for other point guard minutes or perhaps sign a Pops player like Bryn Forbes for some shooting. If they want a proven back-up then Paddy Mills or Delon Wright might be in the mix but it doesn't look like a development plan for minutes allocation. Also Paskal and Scottie pushing the ball negates the need for another pure point even though Mills and Delon are great vets and valuable injury insurance. Because Johnson is a shooter he likely gets the other 2 way besides RHjr.

I know it’s too much to ask but if Ron Harper JR balls out in summer league maybe he could get some minutes as a shot maker off the bench. I know it’s unlikely but Nurse said while he thinks the new guys will probably spend very limited if any roles with the main squad he also was open to that changing if they show that they can produce at the next level.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#11 » by alienchild » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:35 pm

mtcan wrote:
alienchild wrote:I think Raptors will sign at least 1 of Boucher and Thad, but if they only get one of them, I'd be hoping for Ricky Rubio.

You want another guard who isn't a good shooter? We have a lot of players on the roster who can't shoot.

I'm hopeful to keep both Boucher and Thad. We need that veteran presence off the bench. And then hopefully we have couple of guards who can hit a jump shot as well.

Your bias about his early career struggles counts less than how he performed last season for CLE. He became a decent shooter, has always been a good defender knows how to run an offense and facilitate. He certainly helped Garlands growth. And he would be a veteran presence on the bench to help Banton/ Flynn grow, even FVV, much like Thad was helpful to Scottie/Precious. And he still has game and can make an impact when he's on the court. Too many positives.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#12 » by will » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:38 pm

Wouldn't be mad at Malik Monk. This team desperately needs a scorer.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,658

Post#13 » by hype_2004 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:55 pm

Anyone who can hit the corner three, someone who can shoot at a 40% clip on threes, those player are the ones we need to target.
mtcan
RealGM

Post#14 » by mtcan » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:57 pm

alienchild wrote:
mtcan wrote:

Your bias about his early career struggles counts less than how he performed last season for CLE. He became a decent shooter, has always been a good defender knows how to run an offense and facilitate. He certainly helped Garlands growth. And he would be a veteran presence on the bench to help Banton/ Flynn grow, even FVV, much like Thad was helpful to Scottie/Precious. And he still has game and can make an impact when he's on the court. Too many positives.

Rubio shot 34% from 3 in 34 games with Cleveland. He shot 30% in 68 games with Minnesota the season before. He's a career 32.6 3 point shooter.

I agree that Rubio brings a lot to the table with passing, defence and vet leadership but this team desperately needs guys who can hit some shots coming in off the bench. That's never been Ricky's strong point.
Jim Todd Jr.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,483

Post#15 » by Jim Todd Jr. » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:02 pm

Somebody with some speed in the backcourt would be my top priority. We saw what Maxey can do.

Honestly would prefer Boucher over Thad.. thought Thads impact was negligable and hes not getting any better
Chips with the dip baybeeee.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#16 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:11 pm

Yea Monk would be nice.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,577

Post#17 » by Syd-TK3 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:20 pm

I think it's far more likely they keep Boucher than Thad which is the right decision but I'd assume both are back.
Then just add any free agent that can consistently shoot and score
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,809

Post#18 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:24 pm

Somebody post the pic of Masai at Carroll's house at 12:01 lol.

Sadly, free agency is something we've never been able to look forward to as Raptors fans. We just pick up a bunch of scrubs lol.
aligator
Assistant Coach
And1: 432

Post#19 » by aligator » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:24 pm

Prefer to keep Thad over Chris but also think it likely that both are back. As for FA's, I like Bruce Brown and Delon Wright.
RealGM

Post#20 » by 720 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:27 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:I think it's far more likely they keep Boucher than Thad which is the right decision but I'd assume both are back.
Then just add any free agent that can consistently shoot and score

I would prefer to keep a Boucher over Thad too but some of the numbers people are projecting for Boucher’s next contract…idk if the raptors do.

Return to Toronto Raptors