ImageImageImageImageImage

Dejounte Murray over KD!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

billy_hoyle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,132

Re: Dejounte Murray over KD! 

Post#81 » by billy_hoyle » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:45 pm

3x1sts....Birch, Svi, Brooks, Watanabe... and a promising young player, a former first round pick, and rookie of the month...Malachi Flynn.

Rumour checks out.
h4rrison
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,102

Post#82 » by h4rrison » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:15 pm

Great another clutch player but honestly I'd give up GTJ and two top 5 protected picks for him. Basically equivalent to 3 picks
wegotthabeet
Veteran
And1: 1,941

Post#83 » by wegotthabeet » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:15 pm

billy_hoyle wrote:3x1sts....Birch, Svi, Brooks, Watanabe... and a promising young player, a former first round pick, and rookie of the month...Malachi Flynn.

Rumour checks out.

I said earlier in this thread that this is the deal I'd do. This 8 man rotation would be a problem for most teams to deal with.

Vanvleet
Murray - Trent
Anunoby
Barnes - Boucher
Siakam - Achiuwa
h4rrison
Bench Warmer

Post#84 » by h4rrison » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:21 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:
billy_hoyle wrote:3x1sts....Birch, Svi, Brooks, Watanabe... and a promising young player, a former first round pick, and rookie of the month...Malachi Flynn.

Rumour checks out.

I said earlier in this thread that this is the deal I'd do. This 8 man rotation would be a problem for most teams to deal with.

Vanvleet
Murray - Trent
Anunoby
Barnes - Boucher
Siakam - Achiuwa

Giving them all our scraps is a pipedream. Including GTJ and I'm sure they still dont do it.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#85 » by ontnut » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:29 pm

I like Murray as a player. Don't think I love the fit on this team though unless it's the first part of an offseason rebuild. Depending on who would go back to SA, the need for 3pt shooting would only increase, something we have already yet to address. Assuming the trade bait is GTJ and OG this summer, I'm not sure who's out there that would actually help this department.

I think the only way the Raps get this deal done is scraps plus a ton of draft capital, and I don't see that happening either.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,870

Post#86 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:30 pm

I truly believe Masai and Bobby are all in on Murray.

No sources but a strong feeling.

Murray will be a Raptor. IA
Speaking it into existence.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,493

Post#87 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:32 pm

I don't think GTJ would be part of any Murray deal. If Spurs don't want to pay Murray, they aren't going to want to pay GTJ either.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,264

Post#88 » by PhilBlackson » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:36 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:

Rumour checks out.

Vanvleet
Murray - Trent
Anunoby
Barnes - Boucher
Siakam - Achiuwa

Yeah our pile of trash + late 1sts for an all-star I wonder who says no :lol:
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
wegotthabeet
Veteran
And1: 1,941

Post#89 » by wegotthabeet » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:37 pm

h4rrison wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

Rumour checks out.

Vanvleet
Murray - Trent
Anunoby
Barnes - Boucher
Siakam - Achiuwa

Giving them all our scraps is a pipedream. Including GTJ and I'm sure they still dont do it.

3 picks is not scraps though.

we'll see if he even gets moved and what for, but based on the info that's out there it's multiple picks + salary filler as the asking price. Makes sense that it would be the Raptors since the two front offices have made multiple deals in recent years.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,870

Post#90 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:10 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:I don't think GTJ would be part of any Murray deal. If Spurs don't want to pay Murray, they aren't going to want to pay GTJ either.

Trent would command significantly less and is also only 23 which fits the Spurs timeline better (i.e with KJ, DV, etc).

I also think them wanting to trade Murray has a lot to do with Wembenyama. They’re gonna be full out tanking next year. Murray can win them several games all by himself. He’s a walking triple double who’s only gonna get better.
You’d also wanna surround Wembenyama with shooters like Trent.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,442

Post#91 » by mtcan » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:32 pm

ontnut wrote:I like Murray as a player. Don't think I love the fit on this team though unless it's the first part of an offseason rebuild. Depending on who would go back to SA, the need for 3pt shooting would only increase, something we have already yet to address. Assuming the trade bait is GTJ and OG this summer, I'm not sure who's out there that would actually help this department.

I think the only way the Raps get this deal done is scraps plus a ton of draft capital, and I don't see that happening either.

If we get Murray..I expect Fred to be traded before his contract is up.

Murray works if we see improvement from Scottie and our center position.

Theoretically if you have a starting 5 of:
Dejounte
OG
Scottie
Pascal
Precious

...you would be surrounding Dejounte with 4 other guys who can shoot 3s...and if we expect Scottie and Precious to have improved shooting on a year to year basis...this kind of line-up definitely works.
TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,821

Post#92 » by TheRealDeal » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:51 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:I truly believe Masai and Bobby are all in on Murray.

Open gym leaked that they had Murray’s name on their white board in the war room during last years draft

Could be nothing, but I take it as a pretty obvious clue that he’s a guy they’ve been targeting for a while
h4rrison
Bench Warmer

Post#93 » by h4rrison » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:04 pm

TheRealDeal wrote:

Open gym leaked that they had Murray’s name on their white board in the war room during last years draft

Could be nothing, but I take it as a pretty obvious clue that he’s a guy they’ve been targeting for a while

Not sure that was a leak. Probably didn’t catch the white board was legible lol. It’s hard to make out. Was it for sure Dejounte?
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#94 » by Madhouse » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:09 pm

h4rrison wrote:
TheRealDeal wrote:

Not sure that was a leak. Probably didn’t catch the white board was legible lol. It’s hard to make out. Was it for sure Dejounte?

yep dots got connected.
h4rrison
Bench Warmer

Post#95 » by h4rrison » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:13 pm

Madhouse wrote:
h4rrison wrote:
TheRealDeal wrote:

yep dots got connected.

Say less. Bring him home
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,820

Post#96 » by Los_29 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:14 pm

I don't think they'd have stuff like that on the whiteboard for everyone to see.
aroc23
Junior
And1: 355

Post#97 » by aroc23 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:25 pm

Assuming we are going forward with Scottie and Pascal at the forward positions, it would be much more ideal to have good shooters at the guard positions. Dejounte is on the same level as Pascal in terms of not being a total liability, but being inconsistent enough that teams will love to leave them open to take away a drive to the basket. That is my only reservation.
coolbyme
Junior
And1: 48

Post#98 » by coolbyme » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:31 pm

Spida888 wrote:Murray is good, but not worth a Jrue like package. Even Jrue wasn't completely worth a Jrue like package but Bucks had to do it to keep Giannis happy.

Plus Jrue had some big moments in the playoffs with Pelicans/Bucks. What has Murray proven in the playoffs?
Mate, didn't he help win a chip or something?

Sent from my SM-A115F using RealGM mobile app
coolbyme
Junior
And1: 48

Post#99 » by coolbyme » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:34 pm

TGM wrote:At the end of the day positionless basketball is probably a team of long athletic players that can all guard 3 positions.

PG -SG -SF
SG- SF- PF
SF- PF- C

No team has yet field that type of line-up. On the defensive end you can literally unlock a complete new dimension of play.

I like the way you put that, nice

Sent from my SM-A115F using RealGM mobile app
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#100 » by will » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:39 pm

Dejounte is a franchise player.

Come at me, bro.

Return to Toronto Raptors