ImageImageImageImageImage

Rico Hines Private Runs

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,907

Re: Rico Hines Private Runs 

Post#61 » by lobosloboslobos » Fri Aug 5, 2022 2:15 am

mulamutti wrote:
anotherhomer wrote:Pascal looked bad in the video...missed a lot of bunnies, hopefully not a regression to bubble Trascal

While I empathize with the sentiment, I just generally am not a fan of people trashing pascal. How much does he need to prove? MIP, 2nd scorer in a championship team, amongst hardest workers in the league, and 2 time all nba. His resume trumps Bosh, VC and almost every other raptor legend not named Lowry. We would be lucky if Barnes reaches his accolades, and yes, I know Barnes has a top-5 superstar type ceiling. So I just cringe when people underestimate or sh!& on pascal. I think he’s earned and deserves loyalty and trust, and we should be propping him up when he’s down.

preach. 'fans' who can't wait to crap on our guys are laughable at best.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,270

Post#62 » by Chandan » Fri Aug 5, 2022 3:33 am

lobosloboslobos wrote:
mulamutti wrote:
anotherhomer wrote:Pascal looked bad in the video...missed a lot of bunnies, hopefully not a regression to bubble Trascal

While I empathize with the sentiment, I just generally am not a fan of people trashing pascal. How much does he need to prove? MIP, 2nd scorer in a championship team, amongst hardest workers in the league, and 2 time all nba. His resume trumps Bosh, VC and almost every other raptor legend not named Lowry. We would be lucky if Barnes reaches his accolades, and yes, I know Barnes has a top-5 superstar type ceiling. So I just cringe when people underestimate or sh!& on pascal. I think he’s earned and deserves loyalty and trust, and we should be propping him up when he’s down.

YEAH HOW DARE he make an observation about the content inside the video. LAUGHABLE.
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,087

Post#63 » by mihaic » Fri Aug 5, 2022 3:39 am

Chandan wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:
mulamutti wrote:

YEAH HOW DARE he make an observation about the content inside the video. LAUGHABLE.

Read again, Danchan. Making an observation is usually better without calling the player names, to berate him. If he stopped there it would've been fine.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,270

Post#64 » by Chandan » Fri Aug 5, 2022 3:48 am

mihaic wrote:
Chandan wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:

Read again, Danchan. Making an observation is usually better without calling the player names, to berate him. If he stopped there it would've been fine.

"hopefully not a regression to bubble Trascal" OMG he called him NAMES! and BERATED HIM.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,781

Post#65 » by Badonkadonk » Fri Aug 5, 2022 3:53 am

Chandan wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:
mulamutti wrote:

Missing the point as usual
TRik
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,476

Post#66 » by TRik » Fri Aug 5, 2022 6:45 am

Seriously though, fans can make negative and positive observations about our players and still love them and the team. This isn’t a cult.

Sheesh.
‘Silly rabbit’
Gold Dragon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,582

Post#67 » by Gold Dragon » Fri Aug 5, 2022 7:12 am

TRik wrote:Seriously though, fans can make negative and positive observations about our players and still love them and the team. This isn’t a cult.

Sheesh.

Nobody in this thread has opposed making negative observations about our players.

I suggest you read again what was written.
TRik
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by TRik » Fri Aug 5, 2022 8:14 am

Gold Dragon wrote:
TRik wrote:Seriously though, fans can make negative and positive observations about our players and still love them and the team. This isn’t a cult.

Sheesh.

Nobody in this thread has opposed making negative observations about our players.

I suggest you reading again what was written.

Dear lord. See top of this page (page 4).
‘Silly rabbit’
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,181

Post#69 » by Zeno » Fri Aug 5, 2022 8:52 am

TRik wrote:
Gold Dragon wrote:

Sheesh.

There are definitely a number of posters here who wait for and take joy in posting almost exclusively about the failures of our players. See any game thread. Actually see nearly every thread. I think that is what is being referred to.
At the same time, there are also a few posters who seem to be completely unable to handle any negative observations of our players.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Gold Dragon
Assistant Coach

Post#70 » by Gold Dragon » Fri Aug 5, 2022 9:22 am

TRik wrote:
Gold Dragon wrote:

Sheesh.

Yes, try reading again. Nobody there said you can’t make negative observations about our players.
TRik
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by TRik » Fri Aug 5, 2022 10:58 am

Gold Dragon wrote:
TRik wrote:
Gold Dragon wrote:

Yes, try reading again. Nobody there said you can’t make negative observations about our players.

Lol. Read again, read again, read again.

Perhaps we just have different levels of interpretation. I appreciate you seem to be looking for something to be stated extremely literally.
‘Silly rabbit’
Gold Dragon
Assistant Coach

Post#72 » by Gold Dragon » Fri Aug 5, 2022 11:19 am

TRik wrote:
Gold Dragon wrote:
TRik wrote:

Perhaps we just have different levels of interpretation. I appreciate you seem to be looking for something to be stated extremely literally.

Maybe english is not your first language but literal or otherwise, nobody said you can't make negative observations about our players.

In fact mulamutti said:

While I empathize with the sentiment

I assume you know what the word empathize means. The sentiment he was empathizing with was the negative observation.

And lobosloboslobos said:

fans' who can't wait to crap on our guys are laughable at best.

We can't laugh at folks if they aren't allowed to make their "negative observations". Everyone may have an opinion but bad opinions that can't stand up to scrutiny are deserving of rebuttal, criticism and ridicule. Look up the concept of the marketplace of ideas.
Young Moosehead
Veteran
And1: 4,025

Post#73 » by Young Moosehead » Fri Aug 5, 2022 11:51 am

TRik wrote:
Gold Dragon wrote:
TRik wrote:

Dude, people who insult someone casually for their own entertainment don't get to clutch their pearls when they are called out for it.

No one can stop the behaviour, but people are going to call it out. So if posters are going to be vitriolic in their criticism they better have a strong base of evidence, not some "wah, wah, they are cancelling me and my opinion" bs.
“It’s like being the ugly step child… I’m 6’9 in my heart.” - FVV
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,907

Post#74 » by lobosloboslobos » Fri Aug 5, 2022 12:19 pm

Young Moosehead wrote:
TRik wrote:
Gold Dragon wrote:

Dude, people who insult someone casually for their own entertainment don't get to clutch their pearls when they are called out for it.

No one can stop the behaviour, but people are going to call it out. So if posters are going to be vitriolic in their criticism they better have a strong base of evidence, not some "wah, wah, they are cancelling me and my opinion" bs.

That puts it about as well as it can be put. Thanks.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,575

Post#75 » by Brinbe » Fri Aug 5, 2022 12:27 pm

I understand the name-calling sort of mindset. It's msg board culture. We're all having fun here.

But as I've grown older I can see that it potentially affects these players (we know a lot of these players do read up on what's being said about them, not necessarily on here though) negatively and there really is no need to bash and sht-talk these players when they're giving their best effort. Especially if you're a fan/supporter of this team. Otherwise it makes no sense.

And as others have said this doesn't mean they can't be criticised. Just attack the actions, not the person, unless it's warranted.

I personally would probably reserve those comments for players clearly dogging it and giving no effort.

For example, as a MUFC supporter I witnessed players like Rashford give zero effort on multiple occasions and that sort of sht is unforgivable (even if I think he does a lot of good off-the-pitch).

Once you down tools, you're done in my eyes.

I hope this makes sense.
Sandman88
Head Coach
And1: 6,527

Post#76 » by Sandman88 » Fri Aug 5, 2022 12:59 pm

Sensitivity over pointing out pascal’s bricking bunnies at Rico Hines runs? Colour me shocked
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,166

Post#77 » by PoundTown » Fri Aug 5, 2022 1:00 pm

Brinbe wrote:I understand the name-calling sort of mindset. It's msg board culture. We're all having fun here.

But as I've grown older I can see that it potentially affects these players (we know a lot of these players do read up on what's being said about them, not necessarily on here though) negatively and there really is no need to bash and sht-talk these players when they're giving their best effort. Especially if you're a fan/supporter of this team. Otherwise it makes no sense.

And as others have said this doesn't mean they can't be criticised. Just attack the actions, not the person, unless it's warranted.

I personally would probably reserve those comments for players clearly dogging it and giving no effort.

For example, as a MUFC supporter I witnessed players like Rashford give zero effort on multiple occasions and that sort of sht is unforgivable (even if I think he does a lot of good off-the-pitch).

Once you down tools, you're done in my eyes.

I hope this makes sense.

I agree with you here, and I'm guessing a lot of the folks that are so harsh towards some of the players have never been able to relate to these guys, even on a small scale like club sports. If your teammates, coaches, or fans don't have your back and you know it, it's going to be hard to perform at your best. When it's the opposite and you've got full support, you're more likely to push through. I'm in the camp of lifting guys up, with effort being the caveat as you've stated.
TRik
Lead Assistant

Post#78 » by TRik » Fri Aug 5, 2022 1:22 pm

Sandman88 wrote:Sensitivity over pointing out pascal’s bricking bunnies at Rico Hines runs? Colour me shocked

Yuuuup.
‘Silly rabbit’
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,958

Post#79 » by Kevin Willis » Fri Aug 5, 2022 1:24 pm

Anymore videos out yet?
Ska needs to make a comeback.
TRik
Lead Assistant

Post#80 » by TRik » Fri Aug 5, 2022 1:29 pm

Gold Dragon wrote:
TRik wrote:
Gold Dragon wrote:

Maybe english is not your first language but literal or otherwise, nobody said you can't make negative observations about our players.

In fact mulamutti said:

While I empathize with the sentiment

I assume you know what the word empathize means. The sentiment he was empathizing with was the negative observation.

And lobosloboslobos said:

fans' who can't wait to crap on our guys are laughable at best.

We can't laugh at folks if they aren't allowed to make their "negative observations". Everyone may have an opinion but bad opinions that can't stand up to scrutiny are deserving of rebuttal, criticism and ridicule. Look up the concept of the marketplace of ideas.

‘Maybe English isn’t your first language’

Hahaha. Take that attempted presumptuous cultural insult.

Dude. We see things differently. Let’s move on.
‘Silly rabbit’

Return to Toronto Raptors