ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Schedule drops today at 3pm

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,560

NBA Schedule drops today at 3pm 

Post#1 » by DG88 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:45 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=7Ym7SealdS0-7dXOohbM_A
Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=7Ym7SealdS0-7dXOohbM_A
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,406

Re: NBA Schedule drops today at 3pm 

Post#2 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:13 pm

The NBA will unveil schedules for all 30 teams at 3 p.m. ET on Wednesday, but that hasn’t stopped some information from trickling out prior to the official release. According to The Athletic’s Shams Charania, some featured games will include:

Lakers at Warriors and 76ers at Celtics on opening night, Oct. 18;
Pelicans at Nets on Oct. 19, featuring the regular-season returns of All-Stars Zion Williamson and Ben Simmons;
Bucks traveling to Philadelphia to open vs. the 76ers on Oct. 20;
Celtics at Heat on Oct. 21 in rematch of the Eastern Conference finals;
A Jan. 16 slate on Martin Luther King Jr. Day with the Heat on the road at the Hawks and the Suns traveling to Memphis to take on the Grizzlies.

Here’s what else we know so far about the upcoming schedule release.

When will the NBA schedule be released?
NBA schedules for the 2022-23 season will be released by the league at 3 p.m. on Wednesday.

Who plays on Christmas Day?
Here is the full slate of Christmas games, according to Charania:

Bucks at Celtics
76ers at Knicks
Suns at Nuggets
Lakers at Mavericks
Grizzlies at Warriors

When does the NBA regular season start?
The regular season will begin on Oct. 18. Two games will be played that night on TNT: Lakers at Warriors and 76ers at Celtics.

How does the NBA scheduling process work?
Here’s how the 82-game schedule for each team breaks down:

Two games apiece against out-of-conference foes (30 games)
Four games apiece against teams in-division (16 games)
Either three or four games apiece against intraconference opponents (36 games spread across 10 opponents)
Why the NBA won’t play games on Election Day
All NBA teams will play on Nov. 7 for a night that “promotes civic engagement” before taking off on Election Day, Nov. 8. NBA teams will also distribute information on their state’s voting process and voter registration deadlines in the coming months.

“The scheduling decision came out of the NBA family’s focus on promoting nonpartisan civic engagement and encouraging fans to make a plan to vote during midterm elections,” the NBA said in a statement.

The league has encouraged fans to vote in the past, including when 14 teams used their arenas or practice facilities as polling locations or voting centers in 2020.

https://theathletic.com/3513681/2022/08/16/nba-schedule-release-facts/
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,621

Post#3 » by Bruin » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:28 pm

Let’s see if we get any more nationally televised games than last year. Having the ROTY and having made the playoffs should boost us a little but won’t be surprised if we get even less cause American media hates us
LXTSN
Ballboy
And1: 23

Post#4 » by LXTSN » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:28 pm

Bruin wrote:Let’s see if we get any more nationally televised games than last year. Having the ROTY and having made the playoffs should boost us a little but won’t be surprised if we get even less cause American media hates us

Do people actually care about getting nationally televised games? I just watch it on our local broadcast anyway.
I alway see this get brought up and I just don't get it...

I am however, looking forward to this schedule coming out so we can make travel plans to drive from Manitoba to Minneapolis for a Raptors game there!
Bruin
RealGM

Post#5 » by Bruin » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:48 pm

LXTSN wrote:
Bruin wrote:Let’s see if we get any more nationally televised games than last year. Having the ROTY and having made the playoffs should boost us a little but won’t be surprised if we get even less cause American media hates us

Do people actually care about getting nationally televised games? I just watch it on our local broadcast anyway.

I am however, looking forward to this schedule coming out so we can make travel plans to drive from Manitoba to Minneapolis for a Raptors game there!

Not everyone has access to the local broadcast. It’s also nice to get the national recognition and have more of the casual nba fans see our guys
Huskies1947
Head Coach
And1: 1,174

Post#6 » by Huskies1947 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:53 pm

At this point in the world - I could care less about National tv games in the states. It does not matter as much as it used to given social media and streaming. If there is a good play or an amazing game it will be all over twitter and IG/Youtube etc.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#7 » by TheBoi10 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:55 pm

LXTSN wrote:

Players care, it matters for awards/accolades and brand deals. Fans should care
Bruin
RealGM

Post#8 » by Bruin » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:27 pm

Huskies1947 wrote:At this point in the world - I could care less about National tv games in the states. It does not matter as much as it used to given social media and streaming. If there is a good play or an amazing game it will be all over twitter and IG/Youtube etc.

A flashy play shouldn’t be what’s necessary for a good player to be recognized. If that was the logic, guys like Derrick Jones would be recognized as stars. Getting more publicity through national TV games is important for players. Especially guys without flashy games like Fred, OG, etc

Getting more publicity = more recognition and more votes for accolades. I imagine OG would’ve made an All defensive team by now if he had gotten more publicity. Fred too. Siakam should’ve been an All Star last year and yet he got snubbed as a replacement just cause Allen got more publicity
Huskies1947
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Huskies1947 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:40 pm

Bruin wrote:
Huskies1947 wrote:At this point in the world - I could care less about National tv games in the states. It does not matter as much as it used to given social media and streaming. If there is a good play or an amazing game it will be all over twitter and IG/Youtube etc.

A flashy play shouldn’t be what’s necessary for a good player to be recognized. If that was the logic, guys like Derrick Jones would be recognized as stars. Getting more publicity through national TV games is important for players. Especially guys without flashy games like Fred, OG, etc

Getting more publicity = more recognition and more votes for accolades. I imagine OG would’ve made an All defensive team by now if he had gotten more publicity. Fred too. Siakam should’ve been an All Star last year and yet he got snubbed as a replacement just cause Allen got more publicity

Ok but you can get recognized on podcasts and vlogs that don't just need to cater to American markets like an ESPN whose business model is US centric. Toronto has had our shares of all star players and it's really about the play on the court more than anything. Vince was a perenial all-star, ditto bosh, Lowry, Derozan, Scottie Barnes will be the next one. Scottie barnes has ESPN commericals with RJ. It's really not the same as the 90s or 2000s. OG is injury prone - why would people outside of Toronto talk about him? We tend to overrate some players based on fandom.
Bruin
RealGM

Post#10 » by Bruin » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:48 pm

Huskies1947 wrote:
Bruin wrote:

Ok but you can get recognized on podcasts and vlogs that don't just need to cater to American markets like an ESPN whose business model is US centric. Toronto has had our shares of all star players and it's really about the play on the court more than anything. Vince was a perenial all-star, ditto bosh, Lowry, Derozan, Scottie Barnes will be the next one. Scottie barnes has ESPN commericals with RJ. It's really not the same as the 90s or 2000s. OG is injury prone - why would people outside of Toronto talk about him? We tend to overrate some players based on fandom.

If you think podcasts and vlogs are equivalent or even comparable to TNT or ESPN broadcasts then i don’t really know what to say honestly lol

Guys can get recognition as is, but it’s really not even close to the same as if we were playing more nationally televised games
Huskies1947
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Huskies1947 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:53 pm

Bruin wrote:
Huskies1947 wrote:
Bruin wrote:A flashy play shouldn’t be what’s necessary for a good player to be recognized. If that was the logic, guys like Derrick Jones would be recognized as stars. Getting more publicity through national TV games is important for players. Especially guys without flashy games like Fred, OG, etc

If you think podcasts and vlogs are equivalent or even comparable to TNT or ESPN broadcasts then i don’t really know what to say honestly lol

Guys can get recognition as is, but it’s really not even close to the same as if we were playing more nationally televised games

Sure but we have had segments on TNT. That whole open gym segment with Vince presenting the ROY award to Scottie was on Inside the NBA. I saw it trend on twitter lol.
Bruin
RealGM

Post#12 » by Bruin » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:54 pm

Huskies1947 wrote:
Bruin wrote:
Huskies1947 wrote:

Sure but we have had segments on TNT. That whole open gym segment with Vince presenting the ROY award to Scottie was on Inside the NBA. I saw it trend on twitter lol.

Do you think that’s the same as having a full game broadcasted live for the general audience of NBA fans?
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,283

Post#13 » by ruckus » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:01 pm

I think history has proven that Americans just don't care for non-American teams. At least when it comes to basketball.

Only exception to that was Vince cause he ticked all the boxes of a marketable star.

As much as I like Scottie, he doesn't bring the same excitement/must watch feel to the game. Yet.

I'm hoping theres a decent NYE home game this year.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,406

Post#14 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:10 pm

Every team will have nationally televised games once the knock out nba tournament comes in and that will be during the season

i honestly couldnt care less i dont live in the states
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,739

Post#15 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:14 pm

first 30 games we will get the toughest schedule as usual.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#16 » by Asif16 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:16 pm

My guess is 8 national TV games. 5 on NBATV and the other 3 on a prime network TNT/ESPN
Buddythefriend
Junior
And1: 476

Post#17 » by Buddythefriend » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:03 pm

The schedule was scheduled to be released by now. Has the schedule release been re-scheduled?
pilkoids
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,324

Post#18 » by pilkoids » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:04 pm

Rumour is we host the cavs on the 19th to open the season
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#19 » by TheBoi10 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:06 pm

pilkoids wrote:Rumour is we host the cavs on the 19th to open the season