ImageImageImageImageImage

2022-23 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V1.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,480

Re: 2022-23 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V1.0 

Post#621 » by Spida888 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:28 am

alevirfe wrote:I think Cleveland says no, but:

CLE out: Mobley & Garland
CLE in: Siakam & OG

I actually think this balances Cle's roster really well, but definitely puts them on the clock

CLE definitely says no. Replace Garland with filler, and they may still say no.

Mobley is on a rookie contract with many years of contractual control and really high upside. If Siakam and OG had more years left on their contract, maybe it's a different story.
alevirfe
Starter
And1: 1,683

Post#622 » by alevirfe » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:24 am

Spida888 wrote:
alevirfe wrote:I think Cleveland says no, but:

CLE out: Mobley & Garland
CLE in: Siakam & OG

I actually think this balances Cle's roster really well, but definitely puts them on the clock

CLE definitely says no. Replace Garland with filler, and they may still say no.

Mobley is on a rookie contract with many years of contractual control and really high upside. If Siakam and OG had more years left on their contract, maybe it's a different story.

yea, hard to disagree with this. we also can't attach any picks because it would defeat the purpose of rebuilding/losing games in the coming years with Scottie/Mobley

I think a more realistic trade would be to swap OG for Jarret Allen, but it probably doesn't move the needle enough for the Raps
mintsa wrote: Yeah….the “new car smell” is starting to wear off with Scottie.

bongmarley wrote:I thought he was supposed to be an elite defender. He is horrible. On the perimeter he gets blown by everytime Its really bad
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,672

Post#623 » by hyper316 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:45 am

HumbleRen wrote:
ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:Pascal to blazers for simons, sharpe, hart
OG to pelicans for daniels, murphy, LA pick
FVV to Orlando for Mo bamba, Cole Anthony, pick

here are your trades Masai :]

FVV to Orlando one seems the most likely out of these 3 options.

I'd do Fred for Bamba + Suggs + pick

Reunite Scottie and Suggs (they are good friends) but not sure Masai/Bobby since Suggs did pretty bad in Predraft workouts
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,513

Post#624 » by S.W.A.N » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:56 am

HumbleRen wrote:

FVV to Orlando one seems the most likely out of these 3 options. And OG to pelicans

Fixed to reflect current OG rumors

Honestly Fred seems like he needs to go. And OG trade value is sky high. Trading the two of them gives us our tank and a boat load of assest.

A victor or scoot draft is worth it.
We the North
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,060

Post#625 » by HumbleRen » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:58 am

S.W.A.N wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:

FVV to Orlando one seems the most likely out of these 3 options. And OG to pelicans

Honestly Fred seems like he needs to go. And OG trade value is sky high. Trading the two of them gives us our tank and a boat load of assest.

I don't think the Pelicans one is too realistic. Murphy and Daniels combined will be better than OG by next year lol.

Murphy is averaging 13 on near 50/40/90 splits as a 22 year old.
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,513

Post#626 » by S.W.A.N » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:02 am

HumbleRen wrote:
S.W.A.N wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:

I don't think the Pelicans one is too realistic. Murphy and Daniels combined will be better than OG by next year lol.

Meh. Deal might need work but NO has plenty of young assets and picks and are on the clock with Zion. OG is a perfect fit for them
We the North
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,060

Post#627 » by HumbleRen » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:12 am

S.W.A.N wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:
S.W.A.N wrote:

Meh. Deal might need work but NO has plenty of young assets and picks and are on the clock with Zion. OG is a perfect fit for them

Don’t see it happening but hey, if Bobby and Masai can pull a fast one on them then great.
Thaddy
Analyst
And1: 1,852

Post#628 » by Thaddy » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:03 am

We should be targeting Mo Bamba. With Issac, Paulo, and WCJ there aren't enough minutes for Bamba and Bamba will want a new contract next year.

Trent, Birch for Bamba, Ross

WCJ - Isaac
Paulo - Isaac
Wagner - Harris
Trent - Anthony
Fultz - Suggs

Bamba - Achiuwa - Koloko
Siakam - Boucher
Barnes - Ross - OPJ
OG - Ross - Banton
FVV - Flynn

This looks like a no brainer for both sides. They get a test drive before giving Trent a huge deal, we get a shooter and a stretch big that can protect the rim. We can finish out the season with Ross and then have OPJ replace him next season. We also get an extra season to see how Achiuwa and Koloko develop to see if we want to bring back Bamba. If we are able to capitalize on the Magic's possible state of desperation we could try to grab a first rounder too like the 2025 DEN 1st round pick.
ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst
And1: 4,098

Post#629 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:09 am

Thaddy wrote:We should be targeting Mo Bamba. With Issac, Paulo, and WCJ there aren't enough minutes for Bamba and Bamba will want a new contract next year.

WCJ - Isaac
Paulo - Isaac
Wagner - Harris
Trent - Anthony
Fultz - Suggs

Bamba - Achiuwa - Koloko
Siakam - Boucher
Barnes - Ross - OPJ
OG - Ross - Banton
FVV - Flynn

This looks like a no brainer for both sides. They get a test drive before giving Trent a huge deal, we get a shooter and a stretch big that can protect the rim. We can finish out the season with Ross and then have OPJ replace him next season. We also get an extra season to see how Achiuwa and Koloko develop to see if we want to bring back Bamba. If we are able to capitalize on the Magic's possible state of desperation we could try to grab a first rounder too like the 2025 DEN 1st round pick.

we get fleeced here soo hard. you dont trade a gtj for a mo bamba
114-110... "Curry lets it fly...CANADA THE NBA TITLE IS YOURS."
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,606

Post#630 » by StopitLeo » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:09 pm

Let’s assume OG actually wants out and that the Kings, who are surprisingly 3rd in the West, want to try and make a deep playoff run.

OG + Birch = Holmes + Murray + 2 first round picks

Sacramento gets a big upgrade at SF, especially on the defensive end with OG. Birch replaces centre depth lost by trading Holmes.

Toronto solves its centre issue for the the next 1-2 seasons and picks up a solid young prospect in Murray. The Raptors also get two future firsts since OG is easily the most talented player in the trade (right now, Murray looks pretty good).
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#631 » by Psubs » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:57 pm

Steven Adams is out 3-5 weeks.

Toronto trades: Thaddeus Young, Chris Boucher and cash

Memphis trades: Brandon Clark and Danny Green
Thaddy
Analyst
And1: 1,852

Post#632 » by Thaddy » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:15 pm

ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:
Thaddy wrote:We should be targeting Mo Bamba. With Issac, Paulo, and WCJ there aren't enough minutes for Bamba and Bamba will want a new contract next year.

WCJ - Isaac
Paulo - Isaac
Wagner - Harris
Trent - Anthony
Fultz - Suggs

Bamba - Achiuwa - Koloko
Siakam - Boucher
Barnes - Ross - OPJ
OG - Ross - Banton
FVV - Flynn

we get fleeced here soo hard. you dont trade a gtj for a mo bamba

What if you got the Chicago 1st back?
ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst
And1: 4,098

Post#633 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:00 pm

StopitLeo wrote:Let’s assume OG actually wants out and that the Kings, who are surprisingly 3rd in the West, want to try and make a deep playoff run.

Sacramento gets a big upgrade at SF, especially on the defensive end with OG. Birch replaces centre depth lost by trading Holmes.

Toronto solves its centre issue for the the next 1-2 seasons and picks up a solid young prospect in Murray. The Raptors also get two future firsts since OG is easily the most talented player in the trade (right now, Murray looks pretty good).

No way they trade murray. He is way too good of a prospect for an OG. Then 2 picks on top of that? Kings laugh and hang up. I wish this could happen

But also.. this is kings FO we talking about soo who knows lol
114-110... "Curry lets it fly...CANADA THE NBA TITLE IS YOURS."
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,880

Post#634 » by agkagk » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:07 pm

ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:Let’s assume OG actually wants out and that the Kings, who are surprisingly 3rd in the West, want to try and make a deep playoff run.

No way they trade murray. He is way too good of a prospect for an OG. Then 2 picks on top of that? Kings laugh and hang up. I wish this could happen

But also.. this is kings FO we talking about soo who knows lol

i dont see keegan having a higher ceiling then og.

murray, a first and a secondary young player that isnt nearly as interesting as murray is probably fair....maybe we can squeeze a decent second out of them, but not much more than that.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,880

Post#635 » by agkagk » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:09 pm

Psubs wrote:Steven Adams is out 3-5 weeks.

Toronto trades: Thaddeus Young, Chris Boucher and cash

Memphis trades: Brandon Clark and Danny Green

i dont see them trading green unless theyre getting a more significant veteran piece back. From what ive read they view him as a strong mentor to help their young team learn to win in the playoffs.

otherwise, something centered around boucher for clarke sounds dope to me!
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,785

Post#636 » by Zeno » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:18 pm

OG to Knicks for Fournier, Knicks 2023, Dallas 2023, Knicks 2025.
Fred to Dallas for Bertans, lifting of protections on their 2023 pick plus Dallas 2025 1st.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,793

Post#637 » by Lord_Zedd » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:32 pm

Zeno wrote:OG to Knicks for Fournier, Knicks 2023, Dallas 2023, Knicks 2025.
Fred to Dallas for Bertans, lifting of protections on their 2023 pick plus Dallas 2025 1st.

Fournier and Bertans are horrendous contracts for what they provide on the court. Knicks/Dallas aren't getting away that easily
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,785

Post#638 » by Zeno » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:34 pm

Lord_Zedd wrote:

Fournier and Bertans are horrendous contracts for what they provide on the court. Knicks/Dallas aren't getting away that easily

They both basically expire next year. I think Bertans has 5 million guaranteed for the season after. They are not players I'd want, I agree.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,327

Post#639 » by douggood » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:43 pm

og offer is light, make adjustments to picks (dont want 2 picks in the late teens this year) and maybe add sims and dump birch.

the mavs one i wouldnt even consider unless a 2nd first rounder is added.
DangerZone13
Senior
And1: 681

Post#640 » by DangerZone13 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:46 pm

I'd love that trade, but I'm positive 2 1sts is too much on top of Murray. We're one of few teams where Holmes would be trade-positive, so it would be uard to argue needing more value for taking him on, and with how Murray has looked so far this year - I think we'd have a hard time selling the Kings on a straight OG for Murray deal on it's own given contract status, injuries, etc. Just getting to the playoffs is like a championship to the Kings given where they've been at, so I don't think they're aiming at the title without some more reworking this summer after seeing how they stack up come playoff time.

If we move OG, I'd love it to be for a package like this but I just don't see it.
:banghead: "Calling out trolls" by quoting them makes YOU part of the problem to those wise enough to use the Ignore button. Please don't add to board pollution.

Return to Toronto Raptors