ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Scottie All Star Barnes Thread 8

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Statistician MK
Junior
And1: 426

Re: Official Scottie All Star Barnes Thread 8 

Post#441 » by Statistician MK » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:25 am

I didn't expect to see some players below Scotty Barnes on this list, that I was sure would be ranked higher than Barnes.

We all have different opinions, and that is one thing that makes this forum great.
rapsincr
Starter
And1: 2,307

Post#442 » by rapsincr » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:37 pm

scottie spoke to the media today for 1st time since his injury and was asked how frustrating it is to not be playing.
he responded by saying that hes not really frustrated because these things happen, and hes just really happy for the guys that dont usually get minutes to get some run.

kid is a such a good teammate, hes awkward with the media and his responses can be a bit odd at times, but its unquestionable thats hes THE team leader already.
TorontoBarneys
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,200

Post#443 » by TorontoBarneys » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:39 pm

rapsincr wrote:scottie spoke to the media today for 1st time since his injury and was asked how frustrating it is to not be playing.
he responded by saying that hes not really frustrated because these things happen, and hes just really happy for the guys that dont usually get minutes to get some run.

kid is a such a good teammate, hes awkward with the media and his responses can be a bit odd at times, but its unquestionable thats hes THE team leader already.

That's a great answer. Scottie has definitely always been a team-first guy. We know that's in his blood.
rapsincr
Starter
And1: 2,307

Post#444 » by rapsincr » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:09 pm

TorontoBarneys wrote:
rapsincr wrote:scottie spoke to the media today for 1st time since his injury and was asked how frustrating it is to not be playing.

That's a great answer. Scottie has definitely always been a team-first guy. We know that's in his blood.

ye, the smile he had every time his teammates were brought up was super endearing. dude just cares about others. refreshing for an NBA player.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,592

Post#445 » by DG88 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:56 pm

TorontoBarneys
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,200

Post#446 » by TorontoBarneys » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:46 pm

34 days until the end of the season.

They're talking like it might be a possibility that he can return before it ends.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,361

Post#447 » by Scase » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:52 pm

rapsincr wrote:
TorontoBarneys wrote:

ye, the smile he had every time his teammates were brought up was super endearing. dude just cares about others. refreshing for an NBA player.

It's hard to be such a willing passer if you don't enjoy watching other people succeed. I would love to see him be more aggressive, but you can't say he's approaching the game in the wrong way, that's for sure. I see Hali in the same way.
Props TZ!
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,638

Post#448 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:32 pm

I can't believe some people wanted to trade Scottie for this bum.

Read on Twitter
PD28
General Manager
And1: 13,490

Post#449 » by PD28 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:41 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:I can't believe some people wanted to trade Scottie for this bum.

Read on Twitter

I don't get it. Watching him live, he looks like he's going at 70% effort - but why? Looks like he exercised his PO which is smart because he's def overpaid at this production level.
Scase
RealGM

Post#450 » by Scase » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:02 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:I can't believe some people wanted to trade Scottie for this bum.

Read on Twitter

Imagine thinking Siakam and Dame would be a contender like some people were saying lmao.
Props TZ!
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,781

Post#451 » by ArthurVandelay » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:50 pm

Why isn’t he training??? /s

[x]
Read on Twitter
[/x]
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,710

Post#452 » by Jcity08 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:16 am

ArthurVandelay wrote:Why isn’t he training??? /s

[x]
Read on Twitter
[/x]

Kids living his best life, Im sure well see some summer training highlight around May/June/July. :D

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,592

Post#453 » by DG88 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:38 am

[x]
Read on Twitter
[/x]

Didn't Darko say that he's giving everyone 3 weeks off then back to training. Even ball players need vacation lol. I think people forget that it hasn't been 2 weeks since th season ended.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,128

Post#454 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:06 am

DG88 wrote:

[x]
Read on Twitter
[/x]

Didn't Darko say that he's giving everyone 3 weeks off then back to training. Even ball players need vacation lol. I think people forget that it hasn't been 2 weeks since th season ended.

Hah, I remember the summer after the championship, Serge Ibaka was sending tweets from all these vacation spots around the world. I was thinking "Serge, you should be training".

Then he comes to camp in the best shape of his life, and up until the shutdown had maybe his best shooting season - 3s, midrange, teardrops in the paint. Richard Jefferson noted during a game that Serge was playing at an all-star level. In the Raps last game before the shutdown, against the Jazz, Serge shot five or six threes in Rudy's face, eventually pulling Gobert out of the paint and making it easier to get dribble penetration and allow us the easy victory despite our injuries (Gasol, ECPOW Norm and either Fred or Kyle).

So let Scottie relax for a few hours every day. I'm sure there are gyms in Cancun.
Scase
RealGM

Post#455 » by Scase » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:26 pm

DG88 wrote:

[x]
Read on Twitter
[/x]

No, they are machines for our entertainment and nothing else! BACK TO THE MINES! Arthur was obviously kidding, but some people are nuts, thinking that the second the season ends, they should be back in the gym. :crazy:
Props TZ!
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,407

Post#456 » by Mikistan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:42 pm

Scase wrote:
DG88 wrote:

[x]
Read on Twitter
[/x]

No, they are machines for our entertainment and nothing else! BACK TO THE MINES! Arthur was obviously kidding, but some people are nuts, thinking that the second the season ends, they should be back in the gym. :crazy:

Not to mention this is the most PG version of an NBA player partying video in offseason ever. Like he's joyfully singing karaoke, not in a strip club, not flashing around weapons, nothing illegal going on around him lmao
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,690

Post#457 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:24 pm

Scase wrote:Imagine thinking Siakam and Dame would be a contender like some people were saying lmao.

Reconsidering this one? I didn't want to trade Scottie for him, but both he and Pascal are playing well in the playoffs and adding in OG and Poeltl's defense, it's not something I think "lmao" really applies to. Dame still solves a whole lot of issues with last season's team - namely Fred missing 3's. If Portland for some reason took our Dick/GTJ/Pick offer for Dame or whatever clown offer we made...that's a good looking starting lineup - Dame/Scottie/OG/Pascal/Yak. We can hide Dame on D with that crew and even though he'd be our only real shooting threat...that's a pretty good shooting threat.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,958

Post#458 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:27 pm

Dame and Siakam would 100% be a contender.

Lillard
Simons
Grant
Siakam
Nurkic

That's a strong title contender. Well balanced lineup - length, shooting, shot creation, defense, and toughness.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,409

Post#459 » by tdotrep2 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Dame and Siakam would 100% be a contender.

Lillard
Simons
Grant
Siakam
Nurkic

That's a strong title contender. Well balanced lineup - length, shooting, shot creation, defense, and toughness.

so kd booker nurk isnt but siakam lillard nurk is? and this defense gets absolutely torched, plus we have zero bench. trading lillard for scottie would result in fighting in the first round and losing out on one of the best assets in the NBA for an aging point guard
Scase
RealGM

Post#460 » by Scase » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:41 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
Scase wrote:Imagine thinking Siakam and Dame would be a contender like some people were saying lmao.

Reconsidering this one? I didn't want to trade Scottie for him, but both he and Pascal are playing well in the playoffs and adding in OG and Poeltl's defense, it's not something I think "lmao" really applies to. Dame still solves a whole lot of issues with last season's team - namely Fred missing 3's. If Portland for some reason took our Dick/GTJ/Pick offer for Dame or whatever clown offer we made...that's a good looking starting lineup - Dame/Scottie/OG/Pascal/Yak. We can hide Dame on D with that crew and even though he'd be our only real shooting threat...that's a pretty good shooting threat.

On this team? Absolutely not. We'd have no bench to speak of, and even without a defensive handicap with Dame, our defence was still subpar with the FVV/Scottie/OG/Siakam/Jak lineup, we aren't hiding anyone.

Dame and Siakam are averaging 22.5FGA and 24FGA respectively in this series, there's no way that fits into that proposed team and works out well. At best that team is a 2nd round exit to me, and that's at the cost of Scotties development, so that's a no from me.

Also let's be real, it's been 2 games. Dame is playing well against the 24th ranked defence, and Siakam on the 2nd best offence. These are products of their situations more than anything. And realistically, if Giannis was playing, Siakam isn't putting up 30+ppg.

They are doing well, but this isn't some overwhelming proof that it would have worked.
Props TZ!

Return to Toronto Raptors