ImageImageImageImageImage

2023-24 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V3.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Re: 2023-24 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V3.0 

Post#61 » by DreamTeam09 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:07 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Yeah I dont hate it, but I also dont love it.

But if the return Siakam ends up being Wiggins & 3 firsts it is hard to complain.

IQ
RJ
Wiggins
Barnes
Jakob

I like the fact that we get back to 6'7+ at the 2,3,4 spots. Sprinkle in some GD Ochai Kelly & hopefully one of this yrs picks pans out, that's a solid start to a rebuild with multiple picks in 26 as a possibility.

3 of those players will probably spend the summer together with team Canada as well

Questionable shooting from your 2, 3, and 4 again however. You honestly might have to start

IQ/GTJ/RJ/Barnes/Jak with a ???/Dick/Wiggins/Olynyk/??? bench

The shooting is still questionable for sure. I like the driving ability and creation a little bit more this time around with Wiggins instead of OG. We can ask Wiggy to be our OG replacement, minus the 40% from 3 and closer to 36% hopefully. He'll get to the line a lot more & hopefully make better reads as well

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,441

Post#62 » by Rapsfan07 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:46 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
Psubs wrote:If we don't move into the top 4, would you trade #6, Bruce Brown, Chris Boucher and future 1st pick for Donovan Mitchell?

PG IQ - Carrington/JFL
SG Mitchell - Dick
SF Barrett - Dick - Ochai
PF Barnes - #31 - MoG
C Poeltl - Olylnyk

No.

What do you mean no? That is highway robbery :lol:

For the Cavs, yeah.

Why are giving #6 and a future pick of unknown and probable quality value for a free agent who doesn't make us better than a first round exit at best and won't stay long term?
Smalltown
Senior
And1: 458

Post#63 » by Smalltown » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:12 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:Why are giving #6 and a future pick of unknown and probable quality value for a free agent who doesn't make us better than a first round exit at best and won't stay long term?

I honestly don't think that's a bad value. I'd probably jump on it. The #6 this year and ours or indy's pick in 2026 still leaves us with a first in each of those drafts. Honestly, i don't think its enough for Cleveland to do it. But if it was there you have till the trade deadline to try and convince him to stay. If it doesn't look good you can probably get most of the value back flipping him at the trade deadline.

Raptors get an All Star guard. Cleveland gets two guys who are out of our rotation and two scratch tickets.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,176

Post#64 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:13 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
No.

What do you mean no? That is highway robbery :lol:

For the Cavs, yeah.

Why are giving #6 and a future pick of unknown and probable quality value for a free agent who doesn't make us better than a first round exit at best and won't stay long term?

#6 in a bad draft, a future first, and filler for an all-nba talent? Yeaaaaah you take that 100/100 times.

You have NO idea if he doesn't stay long term and NO idea if pairing Mitchell/Scottie is a first round exit ceiling.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,106

Post#65 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:53 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
IQ
RJ
Wiggins
Barnes
Jakob

I like the fact that we get back to 6'7+ at the 2,3,4 spots. Sprinkle in some GD Ochai Kelly & hopefully one of this yrs picks pans out, that's a solid start to a rebuild with multiple picks in 26 as a possibility.

3 of those players will probably spend the summer together with team Canada as well

Questionable shooting from your 2, 3, and 4 again however. You honestly might have to start

IQ/GTJ/RJ/Barnes/Jak with a ???/Dick/Wiggins/Olynyk/??? bench

The shooting is still questionable for sure. I like the driving ability and creation a little bit more this time around with Wiggins instead of OG. We can ask Wiggy to be our OG replacement, minus the 40% from 3 and closer to 36% hopefully. He'll get to the line a lot more & hopefully make better reads as well

I like Wiggins' contract because - like RJ's - it ends in 2027, which is a good summer to have a ton of cap space. In terms of getting to contender status, nothing else matters than being a good young team with cap space by that time.

Starting Wiggins at the 3 is the only situation in which I would countenance bringing back Gary (on a 3-year deal), and starting him at the 2. So RJ would come off the bench, like his hero Manu Ginobili. Combined with the draft picks, that could be a solid team for a few years - leading up to the summer of 2027.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,500

Post#66 » by bballsparkin » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:08 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:What do you mean no? That is highway robbery :lol:

For the Cavs, yeah.

#6 in a bad draft, a future first, and filler for an all-nba talent? Yeaaaaah you take that 100/100 times.

You have NO idea if he doesn't stay long term and NO idea if pairing Mitchell/Scottie is a first round exit ceiling.

Why would the Cavs trade him for that package if DM was not a flight risk? He's had NYC stars in his eyes for awhile now. With a PO after next season he could bolt for sure. Perhaps a S+T from the Knicks can be acquired to get some picks. No idea. But I'm not the biggest Mitchell fan.
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,277

Post#67 » by brownbobcat » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:34 pm

What do people think of Cam Johnson as a potential trade target? A little older at 28 and not particularly cheap, but Brooklyn could be looking to blow things up and he'd be an interesting 3+D option.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,692

Post#68 » by Pointgod » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:09 pm

brownbobcat wrote:What do people think of Cam Johnson as a potential trade target? A little older at 28 and not particularly cheap, but Brooklyn could be looking to blow things up and he'd be an interesting 3+D option.

No. Overpaid and often injured. Plus he’s already 28. Our focus should be on asset accumulation mode the next two years
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,763

Post#69 » by ArthurVandelay » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:12 pm

brownbobcat wrote:What do people think of Cam Johnson as a potential trade target? A little older at 28 and not particularly cheap, but Brooklyn could be looking to blow things up and he'd be an interesting 3+D option.

To be honest I’d rather wiggins or Hunter

I think Cam Johnson is a decent player but he is overpaid and I just get “I got paid, I’m good now” vibes from him.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach

Post#70 » by ArthurVandelay » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:14 pm

Wiggins, Moody for Brown, McDaniels….no picks

Who says no?
grant101
Pro Prospect
And1: 553

Post#71 » by grant101 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:22 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:Wiggins, Moody for Brown, McDaniels….no picks

Who says no?

Warriors. The time to do this deal was at the deadline, so that GS could shed salary and make retaining the rest of their team a little more manageable. I don't see the incentive for them of doing this now.
brownbobcat
Head Coach

Post#72 » by brownbobcat » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:24 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:

I think Cam Johnson is a decent player but he is overpaid and I just get “I got paid, I’m good now” vibes from him.

He's a better team defender (or at least more consistent) than both those guys and a lot deadlier from outside. I think his game profiles a lot better with age, although those nagging injuries are a concern. If he was available for cheap, might be a good reclamation project. As far as the money goes, Raptors won't be into the luxury tax next year no matter what and I think Cam could be a flexible fit in a lot of starting lineups.
billy_hoyle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,139

Post#73 » by billy_hoyle » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:47 pm

brownbobcat wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:

He's a better team defender (or at least more consistent) than both those guys and a lot deadlier from outside. I think his game profiles a lot better with age, although those nagging injuries are a concern. If he was available for cheap, might be a good reclamation project. As far as the money goes, Raptors won't be into the luxury tax next year no matter what and I think Cam could be a flexible fit in a lot of starting lineups.

If we keep our pick.

Trade Bruce, Boucher and McDaniels (+ all three picks) for Mikal and Cam.

IQ, MLE
RJ, Dick/GTJ
Mikal, Cam/Ochai
Barnes, Cam
Yak, KO

A little small? Too expensive?
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach

Post#74 » by ArthurVandelay » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:06 pm

billy_hoyle wrote:
brownbobcat wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:

If we keep our pick.

IQ, MLE
RJ, Dick/GTJ
Mikal, Cam/Ochai
Barnes, Cam
Yak, KO

I think Brooklyn says no. They turned down offers for Bridges with multiple firsts plus reportedly a prospect like Jalen Green.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,176

Post#75 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:13 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:
billy_hoyle wrote:
brownbobcat wrote:He's a better team defender (or at least more consistent) than both those guys and a lot deadlier from outside. I think his game profiles a lot better with age, although those nagging injuries are a concern. If he was available for cheap, might be a good reclamation project. As far as the money goes, Raptors won't be into the luxury tax next year no matter what and I think Cam could be a flexible fit in a lot of starting lineups.

If we keep our pick.

IQ, MLE
RJ, Dick/GTJ
Mikal, Cam/Ochai
Barnes, Cam
Yak, KO

I think Brooklyn says no. They turned down offers for Bridges with multiple firsts plus reportedly a prospect like Jalen Green.

True - but they could change to a rebuild and there is no guaranteean offer like that comes back.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,880

Post#76 » by agkagk » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:18 pm

grant101 wrote:

Who says no?

Warriors. The time to do this deal was at the deadline, so that GS could shed salary and make retaining the rest of their team a little more manageable. I don't see the incentive for them of doing this now.

Why are people on this board pretending the warriors are desperate to ditch wiggins ?
billy_hoyle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,139

Post#77 » by billy_hoyle » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:32 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:
billy_hoyle wrote:
brownbobcat wrote:He's a better team defender (or at least more consistent) than both those guys and a lot deadlier from outside. I think his game profiles a lot better with age, although those nagging injuries are a concern. If he was available for cheap, might be a good reclamation project. As far as the money goes, Raptors won't be into the luxury tax next year no matter what and I think Cam could be a flexible fit in a lot of starting lineups.

If we keep our pick.

IQ, MLE
RJ, Dick/GTJ
Mikal, Cam/Ochai
Barnes, Cam
Yak, KO

They are probably regretting that decision right about now. This might be roughly equivalent to that package at the time (Green was struggling). Sometimes you need to buy low.
brownbobcat
Head Coach

Post#78 » by brownbobcat » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:10 pm

agkagk wrote:
grant101 wrote:

Who says no?

Why are people on this board pretending the warriors are desperate to ditch wiggins ?

Because he turned into a pumpkin again is still owed $85M? I don't want any part of him, I think his game is going to crash badly as he continues his athletic decline.
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,480

Post#79 » by Spida888 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:10 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:
billy_hoyle wrote:

If we keep our pick.

IQ, MLE
RJ, Dick/GTJ
Mikal, Cam/Ochai
Barnes, Cam
Yak, KO

Brooklyn won't take that Raps offer. They still owe picks to Houston, so they don't have incentive to tank yet.

They were dumb not to take the Houston offer if it included giving them back their picks and more.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,029

Post#80 » by NotMyKawhi » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:52 pm

Lauri makes the most sense. Jazz will tank for cooper. The west is too good

Return to Toronto Raptors