ImageImageImageImageImage

Rank the season based on what you wanted

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

What grade would this season be to you?

-
5%
+
5%
A
5%
B
23%
C
20%
D
14%
E
3%
F
26%

Total votes: 65

Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,714

Rank the season based on what you wanted 

Post#1 » by Vampirate » Sun Apr 7, 2024 10:26 pm

I'd probably give it a B- to be honest.

Saw some growth from Barnes, we got good value in the OG trade and at least traded Siakam for something.

While you might call this a season from hell, i'd rather be in our current spot than be the Bulls for instance.

Obviously the Siakam return bumps it down, but keeping Siakam would have made the entire season likely in the D category.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,178

Re: Rank the season based on what you wanted 

Post#2 » by The Duke » Sun Apr 7, 2024 10:34 pm

I expected the 6th or 7th seed, from the last deadline. They right on track sadly
adubmac
Junior
And1: 669

Post#3 » by adubmac » Sun Apr 7, 2024 10:45 pm

I'm relieved the FO finally admitted past mistakes, even If that concession came at least a year too late.
holy wack unlyrical lyrics
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,726

Post#4 » by C_Money » Sun Apr 7, 2024 10:46 pm

I’ll let you know after the draft lottery.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 44,134

Post#5 » by Potential » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:10 am

the growth of Scottie and the addition of Quickley and RJ and Gradey to the young rebuilding core

A+
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,784

Post#6 » by Badonkadonk » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:36 am

Been saying since training camp that what I'd like to see most is a Year 3 Scottie jump and for Gradey to show he has a future as a shooter in this league.

The hoops has been painful to watch, but I'm pretty satisfied. Getting 2 legit young starters for OG was a huge and pleasant surprise.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,076

Post#7 » by Indeed » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:26 am

If we didn't convey this year, it would be a C for us. Otherwise, B.
Most likely we are not going to be in the playoffs the next 2 years, while not bad enough to be bottom 6 with BBQ.
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 42,007

Post#8 » by NinjaBro » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:09 pm

A+. Fvv and Nurse are gone. Scottie taking a leap. Great return for OG who was leaving anyways. Don't have to pay Siakam supermax. Masai choosing a direction. I got everything I wanted.

We need to trade Siakam for AJ Griffen before it's too late! - PhilBlackson
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,102

Post#9 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:18 pm

B+

The Good:
- A couple of stellar trades by Masai (w/ Knicks and Jazz).
- Gradey was an excellent draft pick
- Scottie w/ a big time bounce back season following a sophomore slump

The Not so Good:
- Not a big fan of the Siakam trade (mid trade)
- Still underachieved at the end of the day to start the season which kept us in no-mans land for most of the season

If we can retain our draft pick, I'll change my grade to an A
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,909

Post#10 » by lobosloboslobos » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:29 pm

C for me. I always want to win. So on that front it was a disaster. Very sorry to see OG go, and Pascal too for that matter. So another bummer. OTOH very happy with Scottie's growth and the addition of IQ, RJJ and Gradey so that is a big plus. Darko seems better than average too. Plus overall we are pretty well positioned for the future. Averages out to a C with lots of highs and lots of lows.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,278

Post#11 » by MiamiSPX » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:31 pm

I thought they would challenge for a 7-10 seed in the East while maxing out Siakam and OG. That would have been a path to nowhere. So given the choice, I would honestly rather choose the path we're on, even if the way we got here was not ideal.

Within the context of what I expected, probably a B, which may get upgraded to an A if they get 2 top 17 picks. Within the context of what the FO expected, it was a massive failure, although the pivot was pretty darn good IMO.
kwajo
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,260

Post#12 » by kwajo » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:34 pm

It's hard to grade IMO because we had so many ups and downs this season, mostly due to injuries and roster changes.

Overall I'm really happy with the direction we've taken though. I love Scottie/RJ/Quick as a young core, and I have high hopes for Gradey to be a solid roster piece moving forward. Add a couple f good draft picks this Summer and we'll be right back into the mix for a 6-8 seed next year after a full training camp.
”I’m just a man, standing in front of a Raptor, asking them to love me.”
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#13 » by DelAbbot » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:22 pm

You really need to run this poll twice

Once for this trade deadline and once for the last deadline for context.

Based on this season alone, it's Good / As Expected in ripping off the bandaid. But considering last deadline....
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#14 » by DelAbbot » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:25 pm

NinjaBro wrote:A+. Fvv and Nurse are gone. Scottie taking a leap. Great return for OG who was leaving anyways. Don't have to pay Siakam supermax. Masai choosing a direction. I got everything I wanted.

We need to trade Siakam for AJ Griffen before it's too late! - PhilBlackson

Beacon of positivity right here!
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,678

Post#15 » by hype_2004 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:27 pm

We got our core guys and have 2 first round picks and 1 low second round possibly the 31st that can be considered a late first rounder as well. We're definitely headed in a good direction and I feel we would've made the play in had the guys not suffered injuries, but that was a real blessing in disguise. Anything lower than a B you guys are just dissatisfied haters, we got what we wanted albeit the not the most ideal return with Siakam but the progress moving forward is the most important regardless of draft positions. We got ride of Nurse, Fred, OG and Siakam, this is a B in my opinion and can improve to a definite A depending of who we get in the draft.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,816

Post#16 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:59 pm

Meh.

When you win 25 games, things usually didn't go very well.

I like Barnes, IQ, Dick...Barrett has played surprisingly well. They have a bunch of picks coming within the next 2-3 years. There's potential to build a very interesting team, especially if they can hit on a pick or two. The easy part is tearing it down though, building it back up is the tough part.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,175

Post#17 » by tecumseh18 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:19 pm

B+. It would have been an A if we got a legit prospect sf/pf for Siakam. Pacers have so much young talent. From reading how things went down, with a secret deal between Pascal's people and the Indiana people, we could definitely have held out for more. At least Jarace Walker. It would make this tank more bearable if we had more young talent up front.
GP2
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,568

Post#18 » by GP2 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:31 pm

I think Gradey bouncing back made everything else a lot easier to stomach. I still don't get how management didn't see all this happening, but if I kept thinking about it, I wouldn't have any hair left.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,356

Post#19 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:45 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Meh.

When you win 25 games, things usually didn't go very well.

I like Barnes, IQ, Dick...Barrett has played surprisingly well. They have a bunch of picks coming within the next 2-3 years. There's potential to build a very interesting team, especially if they can hit on a pick or two. The easy part is tearing it down though, building it back up is the tough part.

Small encouraging part is that when our good players actually player we are okay. Like I dont expect 20-30 wins again as long as the main guys stay healthy
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,221

Post#20 » by C Court » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:06 pm

I give it a C.

I like Quickley and RJ, but the return for Pascal was mediocre. Solid pieces in Barnes and Gradey. The real test will be this off-season when Masai needs to make some winning moves.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors

Return to Toronto Raptors