ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Shopping Brown [Source]

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 40,407

Raptors Shopping Brown [Source] 

Post#1 » by Tor_Raps » Fri May 17, 2024 5:40 pm

So we got this news hidden in 2 separate Brown threads and thought we could use a new thread for some "new" news even if the source is Doug Smith. No need to rehash trading Brown at the deadline since we are now likely to be stuck with a Dragic like contract that will eat all our potential cap space this offseason.

Maybe we are able to get an even better draft pick for Brown from more desperate teams that failed in the playoffs. A team like Memphis who wants to win this upcoming year could be ripe to take the 9th pick from in a larger trade for example. So what are your favourite realistic trade proposals?

Read on Twitter
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 21,600

Re: Raptors Shopping Brown [Source] 

Post#2 » by mtcan » Fri May 17, 2024 5:41 pm

Doug Smith is not a source of anything. Close thread
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,900

Post#3 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri May 17, 2024 5:46 pm

Probably use him to move up the in draft, which makes sense why they kept him past the deadline.

Lonzo + #11 for Brown + #19 is something I've seen quite a lot of and I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Lonzo said he's 70% healthy so maaaaybe we get him to see him suit up next year. Would be a nice bonus if he does ever end up playing.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,630

Post#4 » by tdotrep2 » Fri May 17, 2024 5:55 pm

Any teams looking to compete and salary dump? Bruce would be a good trade candidate for this, team gets a rotation player and gets to dump salary.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,623

Post#5 » by Asif16 » Fri May 17, 2024 6:05 pm

Aside from discrediting the source, would love to hear some realistic trade proposals if people have any?
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,311

Post#6 » by PoundTown » Fri May 17, 2024 6:06 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Probably use him to move up the in draft, which makes sense why they kept him past the deadline.

Lonzo + #11 for Brown + #19 is something I've seen quite a lot of and I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Lonzo said he's 70% healthy so maaaaybe we get him to see him suit up next year. Would be a nice bonus if he does ever end up playing.

Even with less athletic ability, he'd be such a great a fit in our starting lineup in a less ball dominant role, focusing on moving the ball, hitting open 3s and defending. If his defense and shooting can be what it was / close to what it was, it'd be great. His situation kind of gives me Shaun Livingston vibes, and due to his IQ and two way play, someone could end up with a gem of a role player.

I've heard that deal with Jevon Carter attached and McDaniels attached on our end to further incentivize Chicago with cap relief. Maybe our TPE is enough and we don't need to add in McDaniels. I think Jevon could be useful in our roster as well. Chicago needs to make changes, they've even admitted that. So, a deal like this, plus a Lavine trade would be a really good start.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#7 » by Tor_Raps » Fri May 17, 2024 6:11 pm

mtcan wrote:Doug Smith is not a source of anything. Close thread

LOL it's why I mentioned [Source]. I just couldn't put that man's name in the subject lol.

Still created the thread because people were discussing the news and it's what we expect to happen anyways. Thought it'd be easier than rehashing old threads.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 16,466

Post#8 » by ForeverTFC » Fri May 17, 2024 6:12 pm

PoundTown wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:Probably use him to move up the in draft, which makes sense why they kept him past the deadline.

Even with less athletic ability, he'd be such a great a fit in our starting lineup in a less ball dominant role, focusing on moving the ball, hitting open 3s and defending. If his defense and shooting can be what it was / close to what it was, it'd be great. His situation kind of gives me Shaun Livingston vibes, and due to his IQ and two way play, someone could end up with a gem of a role player.

I've heard that deal with Jevon Carter attached and McDaniels attached on our end to further incentivize Chicago with cap relief. Maybe our TPE is enough and we don't need to add in McDaniels. I think Jevon could be useful in our roster as well. Chicago needs to make changes, they've even admitted that. So, a deal like this, plus a Lavine trade would be a really good start.

I'd love to see Lonzo here. Loved him at UCLA and he had become a really good high end starter before the injury.

With that said, it's tough to see the Bulls trading him for Brown if he's actually 70% ready as they're both expiring contracts with a similar cap hit and Lonzo at 70% is just going to be much more valuable to them. So if he is traded for this type of package, I'd have to assume it means he's nowhere close to returning or we're probably taking some more salary on somehow?
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,391

Post#9 » by brownbobcat » Fri May 17, 2024 6:12 pm

PoundTown wrote:

Lonzo is donzo, he hasn't played for 2 years. Any trade for him would just be eating his salary.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#10 » by Tor_Raps » Fri May 17, 2024 6:14 pm

Scouts are saying that a top pick in the draft is worth a 5th starter type. There is no way that we take on 21M from Lonzo just to move up 8 spots in this crappy draft while trading Brown.

We should be getting the 11th pick just to take on 21M of deadweight (no one should actually rely on Lonzo to play again).
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 45,781

Post#11 » by WuTang_OG » Fri May 17, 2024 6:15 pm

Asif16 wrote:Aside from discrediting the source, would love to hear some realistic trade proposals if people have any?

Small market imo
but if knicks still interested: bogjan + 25' first for Brown
but they r going to see if they can get a star first so prob not
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,391

Post#12 » by brownbobcat » Fri May 17, 2024 6:17 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:

Scouts are saying that a top pick in the draft is worth a 5th starter type. There is no way that we take on 21M from Lonzo just to move up 8 spots in this crappy draft while trading Brown.

We should be getting the 11th pick just to take on 21M of deadweight (no one should actually rely on Lonzo to play again).

Not that I think the 11-for-19 swap is such a great return, but they could keep flip Lonzo's expiring for something as well.
_MidNight_
RealGM
And1: 7,345

Post#13 » by _MidNight_ » Fri May 17, 2024 6:19 pm

Perfect draft to get another quality pick and add to our atrocious bench.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#14 » by Tor_Raps » Fri May 17, 2024 6:19 pm

brownbobcat wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Not that I think the 11-for-19 swap is such a great return, but they could keep flip Lonzo's expiring for something as well.

Ya if we can do that immediately in a 3 way trade then sure but we get nothing out of that trade really. Better off declining Brown's option and using that cap space on a player of your choosing.
agkagk
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,010

Post#15 » by agkagk » Fri May 17, 2024 6:21 pm

Brown + boucher + #19 for wiggIns and moody.
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,856

Post#16 » by VancouverRaps » Fri May 17, 2024 6:25 pm

I wish he was moved at the TDL. I really didn't get good vibes from him, like he thought he was too good to be traded here or something. You're a role player my guy.
We the Champs
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#17 » by Tor_Raps » Fri May 17, 2024 6:32 pm

VancouverRaps wrote:I wish he was moved at the TDL. I really didn't get good vibes from him, like he thought he was too good to be traded here or something. You're a role player my guy.

Playing with KD/Kyrie/Harden/Jokic got him thinking he's one of them lol.

To be fair, he did sign with Indiana in the offseason who was horrible the year before. It was strictly because they offered the most money but they did give him a starting job.

You could tell he thought he was too good to be coming off the bench for a crappy team. I thought it was really stupid not to trade him at the deadline but we'll see what the final return is to make a concrete opinion.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 26,085

Post#18 » by C_Money » Fri May 17, 2024 6:32 pm

VancouverRaps wrote:I wish he was moved at the TDL. I really didn't get good vibes from him, like he thought he was too good to be traded here or something. You're a role player my guy.

He also played like f**king crap. Jokic did wonders for his career.
LarSiN
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,262

Post#19 » by LarSiN » Fri May 17, 2024 6:35 pm

Feels like we're overpaying
"I quickly cripple the triple-threat devils, disheveled I level headedly settle on spontaneous combustion tactics. Fact is, nothing is drastic or graphic. I melt the steel like blacksmiths"
LarSiN
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,262

Post#20 » by LarSiN » Fri May 17, 2024 6:37 pm

agkagk wrote:Brown + boucher + #19 for wiggIns and moody.

Also an overpay
"I quickly cripple the triple-threat devils, disheveled I level headedly settle on spontaneous combustion tactics. Fact is, nothing is drastic or graphic. I melt the steel like blacksmiths"

Return to Toronto Raptors