ImageImageImageImageImage

Grange: Bosh not a lock to make the allstar team.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Tommy Gun
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#21 » by Tommy Gun » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:26 pm

He really struggled opening the season with those injuries and his numbers are much worse because of that. I guess this will be decided by his play in January.

Either way, who cares? If he gets some good rest during the break I would be equally happy.
bling_singh
General Manager
And1: 13

Post#22 » by bling_singh » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:26 pm

In a way I kinda hope he doesn't make the team. I'd rather the guy rest for the all star weekend.
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#23 » by pspot » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:27 pm

With Orl turn around I'd put Lewis ahead of Bosh as well

KG, King, Pierce, Lewis, then Bosh or Caron IMO , its definetely not a sure thing
nm
Turnpikebandit
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 300

Post#24 » by Turnpikebandit » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:30 pm

Don't forget Turkoglu, who's probably going to earn some consideration for a forward spot as well.

You guys think Bosh made that video for **** and giggles?
Sai Young
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#25 » by Sai Young » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:39 pm

i hope bosh doesn't get in
becuase then he will have a reality check that he isn't the franchise type player
and he has to step things up alot and become more of a leader
newpollution32
Senior
And1: 5

Post#26 » by newpollution32 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:53 pm

As of the last 5 games he's been averaging 25 points and 11 boards, so as of late he's been playing pretty well, hopefully this continues, early in the season we wasn't playing to well, but now he's picking it up where he left off last season.
dinosaur_dan
Pro Prospect
And1: 30

Post#27 » by dinosaur_dan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:07 pm

newpollution32 wrote:As of the last 5 games he's been averaging 25 points and 11 boards, so as of late he's been playing pretty well, hopefully this continues, early in the season we wasn't playing to well, but now he's picking it up where he left off last season.

Wow. Your avatar does weird things to my head. I think I can hear voices
jlsca
Banned User

Post#28 » by jlsca » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:08 pm

Bosh flat out does NOT deserve to be there this year...only the embarrassingly ignorant yobs that populate these boards get offended at the suggestion that there are far more deserving forwards in the East this year.

When he gets back to playing like the franchise player is is supposed to be and does it consistently, maybe he'll be back.

He's showing a really unattractive side right now...the truly great players let their effort on the court do the talking...it's been obvious to anyone other than a few retards here that even in the last few games, he's been going for "his own"...not to make the team better, but to jack up his own numbers.

There is an ugly insular pettiness with some of the Toronto fans...a reverse inferiority complex that causes the ridiculous over-reactions to perceived slights from the outside world....

Rewarding Bosh for his lack of growth as a player when other forwards in the East have obviously put a LOT more effort into improving (Hedo Turkoglu is only one example)...is typical of the worst sort of mediocrity worship.
CreaM
Banned User
And1: 1,163

Post#29 » by CreaM » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:30 pm

jlsca wrote:Bosh flat out does NOT deserve to be there this year...only the embarrassingly ignorant yobs that populate these boards get offended at the suggestion that there are far more deserving forwards in the East this year.

When he gets back to playing like the franchise player is is supposed to be and does it consistently, maybe he'll be back.

He's showing a really unattractive side right now...the truly great players let their effort on the court do the talking...it's been obvious to anyone other than a few retards here that even in the last few games, he's been going for "his own"...not to make the team better, but to jack up his own numbers.

There is an ugly insular pettiness with some of the Toronto fans...a reverse inferiority complex that causes the ridiculous over-reactions to perceived slights from the outside world....

Rewarding Bosh for his lack of growth as a player when other forwards in the East have obviously put a LOT more effort into improving (Hedo Turkoglu is only one example)...is typical of the worst sort of mediocrity worship.

Looks like contender is back, and he is PISSED.
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#30 » by dacrusha » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:47 pm

jlsca wrote:Bosh flat out does NOT deserve to be there this year...only the embarrassingly ignorant yobs that populate these boards get offended at the suggestion that there are far more deserving forwards in the East this year.

Hedo Turkoglu #77 in the league in PER, rides the coat tails of Howard and Lewis... plays huge minutes to pad his stats.

Bosh #12 in the league in PER, leader and warrior, even after a mediocre start to the season.
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#31 » by Death Knight » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:51 pm

Remember this, the reserves don't need to be picked by positions. The coaching staff can select 7 pgs if they wanted to.
cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 423

Post#32 » by cdel00 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:05 pm

WOW all this Bosh bashing by his own fan base is sickening especially considering how AWESOME the Raps were in 2007 compared to expectations. The adversity and number of changes to the team and the number of games Bosh simply dominated. To even question Bosh's credibility as an All-Star is simply NUTS!

Weren't we chanting MVP at one point late last season. . .
Pchu
Lead Assistant
And1: 230

Post#33 » by Pchu » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:08 pm

Bosh should be in. Despite his relatively low FG%, his PER is still very high. Higher than most of those players mentioned. He still goes to the FT line more than any of those players.

The more interesting discussion should be on Jose Calderon. He is the 2nd best PG in the East right now (excluding TJ who's hurt). Billups is clearly the best PG in the East but is there another PG come close to Jose?

(Before you mentioned Jason Kidd, look at his FG% and his TOs, and compare it with Jose)
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,759

Post#34 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:10 pm

I'd put Caron, Jamison, and Pierce ahead of him. As good as Turko and Lewis have been, their numbers don't stack up to Bosh's.
Trilogy
RealGM
And1: 3,584

Post#35 » by Trilogy » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:11 pm

cdel00 wrote:WOW all this Bosh bashing by his own fan base is sickening especially considering how AWESOME the Raps were in 2007 compared to expectations. The adversity and number of changes to the team and the number of games Bosh simply dominated. To even question Bosh's credibility as an All-Star is simply NUTS!

Weren't we chanting MVP at one point late last season. . .

The MVP chants don't make him an MVP.

Everyone here likes Bosh and what he means to this team, anyone with half a brain at least.

But, expectations have raised and their is a bigger demand for a high level of play. It's all the process of rising as a top club. Bosh is open to be criticized just like all the other guys. He's a great player, but he had a bad start to the season.

There are some forwards playing really well for some other teams, but I'm certain he'll be there at the big game.

Just as an aside, I despise All Star weekend. It's such a waste of time.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#36 » by Cassius » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:11 pm

He'll make at as a center behind Dwight Howard.

The only other center playing well in the East is Rasheed Wallace and he's a 4. And Sheed's not even putting up numbers.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#37 » by J Dilla » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:14 pm

If Bosh doesn't make it, it can also do good for him. He will rest up in that week and the Raptors will get a fresh, healthy, hungry Bosh when they come back from the break.
I-AM-A-BEAST
Pro Prospect

Post#38 » by I-AM-A-BEAST » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:16 pm

Death Knight wrote:Remember this, the reserves don't need to be picked by positions. The coaching staff can select 7 pgs if they wanted to.

That's not true actually. The coaches are required to select 2 reserve forwards, 2 reserve guards, 1 center and two wildcard players of any position.

There very may well be 6 forwards selected to the All Star game.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#39 » by Cassius » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:21 pm

And for everyone saying that Rashard should make it over Chris:

Chris scores more, rebounds more, blocks more, gets the same number of assists, steals (and turnovers), shoots a higher FG%, is within 1% of Rashard's FT%, is perfect from 3 :wink: and is doing all of this in five less minutes than Rashard plays.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
TDGlenmanor
Senior
And1: 160

Post#40 » by TDGlenmanor » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:21 pm

KG, Lebron, Pierce and Caron all deserve the nod ahead of CB4, I am not sure about Lewis, Antawn and definitely not Jefferson

Return to Toronto Raptors