ImageImageImageImageImage

Daily Papers - January 04, 2008 - Ford planning return!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Coolhandbud
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Daily Papers - January 04, 2008 - Ford planning return! 

Post#1 » by Coolhandbud » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:55 pm

The Sun

Ford now pain-free but not ready to return

Raptors point guard T.J. Ford said yesterday that he is pain-free and will return to action sometime this season, adding that he will sit down with team officials within the next week or two to discuss his eventual return.

All-star game or bust for Bosh

"I would be greatly disappointed if I'm not in every year," Bosh said yesterday, following the Raptors practice at the Air Canada Centre. "That's definitely one of the goals I set coming into every season."

Raptors Game Day

The Pistons have the second-best record in the NBA (25-7) and have won 10 straight games, including a 106-93 triumph in Washington on Wednesday night. They have only lost two at home, but are also a stellar 12-5 on the road -- one of only two teams in the NBA (Celtics) with 10 wins at home and on the road.

Beware of Pistons

"I'm sure that has something to do with it," Mitchell said when asked if he believes the Pistons are out to prove that they, not the Celtics, are still the Beasts of the East. "But those guys are all professionals. They play well, they play hard, they understand the game ... they're just good. I don't know what else you can say.

"They've played together for a long time. They know each other, they're smart and they're playing as well as anyone. And they've beaten Boston on their court and they're the only team to do that. They're just tough. They have no weaknesses."

The Star

Dixon hopes to make most of switch

"I don't want Juan to be like Jose," coach Sam Mitchell said. "With T.J. and Jose we were combining for 25 points and 15-18 rebounds. Jose is still going to score his 12 points, but I still want Juan to score.

"I want my point guards to be different. Hey, if you play for me, you can't be afraid to shoot ... and Juan is not afraid to shoot. It's not the turnovers I'm worried about (with Dixon at the point). It's making smart plays and not taking chances."

The Globe

Pistons hit town with all cylinders firing

Winning would go a long way to boosting the Raptors' confidence, but keeping the score close might be a challenge. The Pistons' average margin of victory during the streak is an impressive 16.8 points a game.

Bosh remains third in all-star voting

Garnett has 1,527,963 votes to lead all players, while James has 1,294,019. Bosh, who was voted a starter on the Eastern Conference team for the first time last season, has 411,313.

T.J. Ford announced on the Fan 590 Thursday afternoon that he is now pain-free and plans to return to the Toronto Raptors lineup in the near future.

edit:
National Post: Ford planning return in near future
"I'm feeling good. My body has recovered all the way and I'm not having any symptoms," Ford said. "I'm not waking up sore anymore and I'm not having pain throughout the day.
Nia
Assistant Coach
And1: 4
Location: South Beach, Miami, but currently live in Tdot for School

Post#2 » by Nia » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:15 pm

"Before Dwight Howard and I became good friends. I thought he was a jerk and he thought I was mean," Bosh said of the image players often give off on the court. "Tyson Chandler, I thought he was just a mean guy. But they're actually great guys. You just see this intense figure trying to win basketball games, playing hard and playing tough, you tend to forget that they have a personality.

I thought that was interesting to find out about what CB & D12 thought about each before they became friends.
MjM2xTreMe
Analyst
And1: 11

Post#3 » by MjM2xTreMe » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:01 pm

SS girl

Thanks for the papers
Dub_P
Senior
And1: 6

Post#4 » by Dub_P » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:29 pm

Sunshine Girl straight outta Keswick
Jer15Jer
Pro Prospect
And1: 293

Post#5 » by Jer15Jer » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:54 pm

Dub_P wrote:Sunshine Girl straight outta Keswick

lol
bychai
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: forward, not backward. upward not forward. and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Post#6 » by bychai » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:51 pm

Nia wrote:
"Before Dwight Howard and I became good friends. I thought he was a jerk and he thought I was mean," Bosh said of the image players often give off on the court. "Tyson Chandler, I thought he was just a mean guy. But they're actually great guys. You just see this intense figure trying to win basketball games, playing hard and playing tough, you tend to forget that they have a personality.

I thought that was interesting to find out about what CB & D12 thought about each before they became friends.

Yeah I found that amusing. Pretty typical of what highschool/university kids go through when they size each other up without actually knowing one another lol... ahhh back in the days.
theSkinny
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,277

Post#7 » by theSkinny » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:03 pm

take the girl out the trailer park...cant take the trailer park out the girl
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#8 » by LittleOzzy » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:13 pm

Thanks for the papers.
bill russell
Pro Prospect
And1: 65

Post#9 » by bill russell » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:21 pm

i don't know about keswick. she looks more sudbury to me. thanks for the papers
deknow
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#10 » by deknow » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:49 pm

bill russell wrote:i don't know about keswick. she looks more sudbury to me. thanks for the papers

Sudbury has some of the ugliest women I've EVER seen!
torontoaces04
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#11 » by torontoaces04 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:51 pm

deknow wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm going with Hearst.

Regardless, thanks for the papers. Im pumped to be going to the Raps-Pistons tonight!!! It's going to be SICK!
Bones
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#12 » by Bones » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:30 pm

deknow wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How about Thunder Bay? Whenever I go up there to visit I see a lot of chicks that look worse than this one. Not to say this SS girl is good looking, SHE's NOT!

At least she wears a bathing suit and not track pants, a plaid bush shirt and a baseball hat.

Return to Toronto Raptors