ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Chauncey, Maxiell School Raps

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,552

Post#81 » by TheRaptor! » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:23 am

I'm glad people see Bosh as disappointing.

Someone argued with me saying Bosh made alot of improvements. Would you agree that Bosh will not be a superstar? Honestly I don't see it in him, hes a all star, possibly a very good one, but not a superstar.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,202

Post#82 » by C Court » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:26 am

Just got back from the game.

Make no mistake, Bargnani was the catalyst who kept us in the game.

Parker is a shadow of the player we had last year.

We miss TJ. Without him the offence is too predictable. Heard Sam on the post game and he said the Raps need to push the ball.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
faze
Senior
And1: 56

Post#83 » by faze » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:32 am

I think you guys are expecting too much out of Bosh. To expect him to fight for all the rebounds, anchor the defense and carry us on offense is just too much. If he could do that we'd be mentioning him with KG, TD and the all time greats.
vulture
Head Coach
And1: 5,219

Post#84 » by vulture » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:32 am

The kiddies are out in full force tonight.
rtcaino
Bench Warmer
And1: 54

Post#85 » by rtcaino » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:34 am

The Pistons are who we thought they were.

This was the most dymanic offensive game from Bargs since Memphis last year where he schooled Gasol. Remember the one dribble step back three?

Why did Kapono not get much burn? Not saying he should have, but I didn't notce him being that terrible. Any thoughts? We could of used him raining some threes to start the 4th.

thecc wrote:LOL @ Sam in the PG comments. "You don't ask me why somebody play...you got that."

Ya I don't like that at all.

'Check the stat sheet.'

'{insert good stats}'

'well check the defensive end of the floor.... {insert a flip out}.'

That is just poor proffessional integrity. Obviously they will ask that, are you daft? it is their job. You can refuse to answer, but don't be a condenscending prick about it.

A_wildstabatanything wrote:Our depth is overrated. What we need is a standout player at one of the wing positions.

+1

BC knows this. I'm hoping he can leverage his assets to acquire a good one. If MLSE is not afraid of the luxery tax for some long play off runs, it should be no problem. Flipping Rasho's expiring for a wing, and locking up Bargs should just about put us up there.

JD225 wrote:I really hope no one complains about wing players. The fact is our big men that we are spreading the floor for, are playing like they belong at the 3 spot.

Well Bargs spreads the floor theoretically, but I thought he did a great job of taking it to the rack also. We are really trying to spread the floor for Bosh (who is a big, obv), our wings and guards to penetrate.

A_wildstabatanything wrote:The Raptors are the only team without a key wing or quality prospect at the 2/3 positions.

Draft picks comming up!

P.S. Sorry about the spelling. I don't think my cousin has a word processor!
blastttOFF
General Manager
And1: 8,803

Post#86 » by blastttOFF » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:36 am

why we lost:

- calderon just got mauled on defense by Billups,

- wallace still owns Bosh, Bosh was shooting too much. maybe he was getting banged up everytime he goes inside. (like the missed layup, he got intimidated as he usually is a good finisher).

- Bargs needed to help bosh rebound against those big detroit bodies.

- did not hit our free throws. :banghead:

- detroit is a veteran team, and they are just that much better.

- parker played bad

- moon needs to slash more. he has some pretty good passing skills.

- again detroit is a very good team. Maxiell and Stucky are both impressive.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,721

Post#87 » by Cowology » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:37 am

Piston fans perspective...

1) When you attack the basket you are very good. Not saying Bosh needs to be down low exclusively, but he definitely needs to mix it up more and Bargnani is to quick to not take his man off the dribble more often.

2) I really like Sam Mitchell. I dunno if he can actually coach, but everytime I hear him speak I come away impressed w/ his message. That said he shoulda gone back to Humphries at some point.

3) It's clear Calderon is stretched to thin and a bit of a defensive liability as a starter. That said don't be to hard on him; he shouldn't be in that position to begin with. He's one hell of a guard to have off the bench. btw - best wishes to TJ for a speedy and full recovery.

4) Very disappointed in Delfino (and Kapono). Granted having TJ start and Calderon off the bench would greatly improve your bench production, but tonight that lack of production really hurt you guys.

All that said the Pistons are playing as well as anybody in the league at the moment and you are a young team so no need to panic or overreact to a L. Look at the things you did well and try to build off of that. You've got some great young pieces to be excited about and if Ford can come back you can undoubtedly make a bit of noise this year. And IF not...well...find a backup pg a.s.a.p. because Dixon is complete crap (not that you don't already know that).
C Court
RealGM

Post#88 » by C Court » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:38 am

vulture wrote:The kiddies are out in full force tonight.

Back to school on Monday! :clap:
vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Post#89 » by vaff87 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:46 am

Centre Court wrote:Just got back from the game.

Make no mistake, Bargnani was the catalyst who kept us in the game.

Parker is a shadow of the player we had last year.

We miss TJ. Without him the offence is too predictable. Heard Sam on the post game and he said the Raps need to push the ball.

I always like your post-game comments. You always provide good insight and you're not an over reactionary.

I agree about AP, he hasn't been close to the same player he was last year. Hopefully he picks it up, but I'm kinda doubting it's going to happen.

I also think the Raptors miss TJ a lot. With him the Raps can constantly put pressure on the opposing teams with their PG play. I don't mind Dixon, but he's a huge downgrade over Ford and Calderon, specifically when forced to play PG.
supersub15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#90 » by supersub15 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:47 am

Cowology wrote:Piston fans perspective...

1) When you attack the basket you are very good. Not saying Bosh needs to be down low exclusively, but he definitely needs to mix it up more and Bargnani is to quick to not take his man off the dribble more often.

2) I really like Sam Mitchell. I dunno if he can actually coach, but everytime I hear him speak I come away impressed w/ his message. That said he shoulda gone back to Humphries at some point.

3) It's clear Calderon is stretched to thin and a bit of a defensive liability as a starter. That said don't be to hard on him; he shouldn't be in that position to begin with. He's one hell of a guard to have off the bench. btw - best wishes to TJ for a speedy and full recovery.

4) Very disappointed in Delfino (and Kapono). Granted having TJ start and Calderon off the bench would greatly improve your bench production, but tonight that lack of production really hurt you guys.

All that said the Pistons are playing as well as anybody in the league at the moment and you are a young team so no need to panic or overreact to a L. Look at the things you did well and try to build off of that. You've got some great young pieces to be excited about and if Ford can come back you can undoubtedly make a bit of noise this year. And IF not...well...find a backup pg a.s.a.p. because Dixon is complete crap (not that you don't already know that).

Thanks Cowology. The kiddies need an outside perspective like this one from time to time to calm them down.

The Pistons are a superior team in all aspects, but especially mentally. I'm impressed.
Platapie
Analyst
And1: 139

Post#91 » by Platapie » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:48 am

IMO criticizing Bargs for this game is just looking to be negative. He is the only reason this game was even close and I am furious that he wasn't given the ball more in the 4th. Every time he touched the ball you felt something was going to happen. He easily should have had 30 or more points and a number of assists.
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#92 » by 99 Problems » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:49 am

Another thing I forgot to mention.. Jose forgot our opponent tonight, every chance he had to run and go uptempo I noticed he slowed the ball down and waited for everybody else.. big mistake- Detroit is wayyyyyy too good defensively against half court sets... our best chance to win this game would be with us running every chance we get and hoping we catch them a little bit off their heels and confuse them.. not slow the ball down when we're already struggling with our offense going into the game...this is where TJ is missed greatly, he would have made sure we got some fast break points...
RapsBulls4evr
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#93 » by RapsBulls4evr » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:50 am

viceroy wrote:parker = garrrbaggeeeee
most of our bench = garrrbaggeee

Just to add: Good to see Bargs have a break out game on ESPN for all to see.
C Court
RealGM

Post#94 » by C Court » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:58 am

vaff87 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I always like your post-game comments. You always provide good insight and you're not an over reactionary.

Thanks. I started watching the NBA in the late 60's so I've seen enough games to know that its better to remain calm and look at the big picture.

Even though I'm a little ticked by some of the negativity towards Bargnani. Give the guy credit. More than anyone, he was the spark who got us going and kept us in the game.
rdtx2005
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#95 » by rdtx2005 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:01 am

Centre Court wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Thanks. I started watching the NBA in the late 60's so I've seen enough games to know that its better to remain calm and look at the big picture.

Even though I'm a little ticked by some of the negativity towards Bargnani. Give the guy credit. More than anyone, he was the spark who got us going and kept us in the game.

Agreed.. you knew it and the Pistons knew it.. that is why they shut down Bargs in the 4th
C Court
RealGM

Post#96 » by C Court » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:03 am

supersub15 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Thanks Cowology. The kiddies need an outside perspective like this one from time to time to calm them down.

The Pistons are a superior team in all aspects, but especially mentally. I'm impressed.

I agree with both Cowology and you.

No doubt the Pistons are a team that is (1) very good and (2) the Raps do not match up well against. Right from the beginning the Pistons controlled the tempo.

Toronto fell into Detroit's trap and tried to play half court basketball. Raps only chance to beat Detroit is to turn the game into a fast break track meet with us hitting a bunch of three balls for good measure.
Shak23
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#97 » by Shak23 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:05 am

Kudos to Joe Dumars, he's created a great team, the bench is young and very good.
Brezec = Euro Oakley
bakafool
RealGM
And1: 4,651

Post#98 » by bakafool » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:05 am

Watch Bargs stink it up the next game cuz it ain't on ESPN. :D
Noooo!!! Not Possible! Not Possible! - Comcast commentator after the shot by Mo Peterson.
gangstaff
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#99 » by gangstaff » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:06 am

No one can possibly think we will get out of the first round of the playoffs this year after that whipping. At no time in that game did I ever think we could handle the Pistons.

Jose's defense was embarrassing. Parker was total garbage. Moon was what he is, a bench player starting cause we have no one else who can jump or play defense. Bosh was abused by a more physical team. Bargs was the one dimensional player he always will be.

OK, breath. Not the end of the world. Breath. :sad:

On the plus side, Hump played pretty well. Sad that he is our best finisher and most aggressive player. And if Bargs keeps scoring maybe his value can go up and we can dump him and Parker and Dixon for Redd :wink:
magani
Bench Warmer
And1: 70

Post#100 » by magani » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:10 am

The game in Six minutes is up:

raptors.com

Return to Toronto Raptors