ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: This one's on Sam

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ohhla2000
Rookie
And1: 0

PG: This one's on Sam 

Post#1 » by ohhla2000 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:34 am

Completely indefensible to start 4 new guys at the start of the 4th. It was a 5 point game that turned into 11 in what felt like 10 seconds.

- Anthony Parker probably played his worst game as a Raptor, and my god was he awful. 2 missed free throws, atrocious offense, could no guard Hamilton - he just did nothing right.

- I'm not picking sides, but Jose was abused by Chauncey tonight. TJ would have definitely helped contain him. Jose was alright on offense

- Chris Bosh should really be forbidden to take Jumpers. Concentrate on rebounding and shot blocking until that jumper comes back. It kills our rhythm when Bosh takes those awful looking midrange jumpshots.

- Bargnani was great for about 3 quarters, and then disappeared in the fourth. Another poster mentioned in the game thread that this is not the first time this has happened... I personally blame Sam.. but Andrea has got to demand the ball. Let's be happy he got out of his slump and turn a blind eye to his pathetic rebounding just for tonight

- Finally the Pistons are a legit title contender. It seems they can score whenever they want and can stop anyone whenever the want. Detroit vs. Boston seems like a great ECF match up no matter which team you support.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#2 » by Hendrix » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:38 am

So Ford was out, Calderon played bad D, Parker played a bad game, Bosh took too many jumpers, Bargnani disapeared in the 4th..... And this is Smitch's fault?
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
batman54
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,378

Post#3 » by batman54 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:39 am

Please merge with other PG thread.
Gruel
Senior

Post#4 » by Gruel » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:39 am

Sam is a great coach! He did everything right, and is in the front running for coach of the year for this and many years to come.
/end sarcasim.

I totally agree.
That Other Guy
Veteran
And1: 95

Post#5 » by That Other Guy » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:39 am

Of the 3 PG threads, I like this one best :) because you took the time to write an analysis.

No shame in losing to an elite team.
Positive: Bargnani's offense is back. Hopefully he becomes consistent.
PharoaheMonch
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#6 » by PharoaheMonch » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:40 am

Uh, no it isn't.

This one's on getting manhandled by a superior team that throws out near lockdown D with every position on the court and has true interior toughness, rebounding and skill.

It's pretty damn simple.
raps9
Sophomore

Post#7 » by raps9 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:43 am

coudlnt have said it better...

Bosh is forcing too much, needs to stop jacking shots after holding the ball for 5 seconds, especially since we have nobody under the basket for an Offensive rebound.

The start of th 4th quarter was pathetic, we need to be more prepared. THe lack of TJ or just another legitimate ball handler was clearly apparent there.

Finally, as much as I like Anthony Parker, we will never become and elite team with out current SG/swingmen. BC knows this and I'm confident he will find a player.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,485

Post#8 » by Bankai » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:44 am

When a supposed "BIG GAME" comes up, the Raptors seem to disappoint. The beat writers who trash the Raps watch games like these, and if they keep seeing this garbage, then thier opinion wont change anytime soon.
LieCheatSteal
Assistant Coach
And1: 418

Post#9 » by LieCheatSteal » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:44 am

Dixon should NEVER EVER EVER play backup PG again. Play Darrick Martin, for god sakes.
Two years from being two years away.

Return to Toronto Raptors