ImageImageImageImageImage

Forget teamwork, we need a Superstar.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Necrodamus
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#21 » by Necrodamus » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:00 pm

Calderoni_8 wrote:Not his falut he tried his best and it wasnt enough.. He is a great player but not the player to carry a team for example david west bosh is better yes but he would play the same role we need a superstar..and unfortunately they dont come around to often and if they do we dont draft them

Tmac and Vince Carter.. a player of that calibre would make us a top 5 team in the Eastern Conference.
REM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#23 » by REM » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:01 pm

Mil wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't know why so many people seem to be blaming our offense for the loss. We scored 90 points and I thought the offense was reasonably good. If anything it's our defense that needs to be improved, although to be honest I don't see what an improved defense could have done to contain LBJ in the 4th.

Bottom line, sometimes you lose because the other team performs well, not because you perform bad.

You're saying 90 points as it's some kind of great feat!
deknow
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#24 » by deknow » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:02 pm

Nia wrote:WOW! so now it's Bosh fault we loss this game.

Actually... Yes.

When the game is on the line your Superstar needs to step up! LBJ owned us and Bosh had no answer AT ALL. That is not exceptable! He keeps waiting for the help to come before he just attacks the players that can't stay with him. Bosh only once took it at Varejao and guess what he got 2pts go figure :o

I hope he doesn't make the allstar team he's playing like a PUMPUM.
Necrodamus
Sophomore

Post#25 » by Necrodamus » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:02 pm

[quote="
deknow
Banned User

Post#26 » by deknow » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:03 pm

We don't have a Dagger guy down the stretch of games. Bosh has not shown me he's that guy he doesn't have the killer instinct.
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#27 » by ponder276 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:08 pm

A superstar would be great, but they are very hard to acquire. TJ was a solid 2nd best player for us, but who knows if he'll ever be the same? Bargs was supposed to be a superstar, but I don't see him ever developing beyond a solid supporting player, ala Mehmet Okur. It seemed like the TJ trade and the 1st overall pick were going to be what we needed to make us a true contender, but at the moment neither seem to be fully working out. Our next shot at getting a highly skilled player will be at the end of next season, when Rasho, AP, Garbo, Delfino, Graham and Baston's contracts all expire, and we have the cap space to sign a top free agent.
In the mean time (this season and the 08/09 season) we will have a slightly above average, but not great team. If TJ can come back and be 100% healthy (physically and mentally), we can even be a 2nd round playoff team for the next 2 seasons.
Buyaka
Assistant Coach
And1: 420

Post#28 » by Buyaka » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:16 pm

I say we make a run at Dalembert and Iggy with any combination of players, picks and cash excluding Bosh. This way we get the defensive 5 and the 2nd scoring option to bolster our wing play. Yes, it will take us to cap hell, but our team is set to grow and win.
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#29 » by ponder276 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:18 pm

Buyaka wrote:I say we make a run at Dalembert and Iggy with any combination of players, picks and cash excluding Bosh. This way we get the defensive 5 and the 2nd scoring option to bolster our wing play. Yes, it will take us to cap hell, but our team is set to grow and win.

Without Bosh, we do not have the pieces to acquire Iggy and Dalembert. We don't even have the pieces to acquire Iggy alone.
jlsca
Banned User

Post#30 » by jlsca » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:19 pm

Buyaka wrote:I say we make a run at Dalembert and Iggy with any combination of players, picks and cash excluding Bosh. This way we get the defensive 5 and the 2nd scoring option to bolster our wing play. Yes, it will take us to cap hell, but our team is set to grow and win.

Why do the idiots here never realize that a trade works TWO ways..both teams have to get something...who exactly do you think Philly is going to want???

stupid.
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,989

Post#31 » by Mack11 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:20 pm

Mil wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't know why so many people seem to be blaming our offense for the loss. We scored 90 points and I thought the offense was reasonably good. If anything it's our defense that needs to be improved, although to be honest I don't see what an improved defense could have done to contain LBJ in the 4th.

Bottom line, sometimes you lose because the other team performs well, not because you perform bad.

No, our offense sucked ass tonight, especially in the 4th when we were dying for a bucket. We need a go to guy in the 4th to help us open up the floor for others
galeon110
Analyst
And1: 629

Post#32 » by galeon110 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:21 pm

Necrodamus wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Tmac and Vince Carter.. a player of that calibre would make us a top 5 team in the Eastern Conference.

Weird how we had them both huh?
I completely agree with the Tmac suggestion. DO IT BC!
Buyaka
Assistant Coach

Post#33 » by Buyaka » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:22 pm

jlsca wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Why do the idiots here never realize that a trade works TWO ways..both teams have to get something...who exactly do you think Philly is going to want???

stupid.

before making offensive posts without any constructive thoughts, I strongly suggest you read the Philly board first.
Buyaka
Assistant Coach

Post#34 » by Buyaka » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:31 pm

ponder276 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Without Bosh, we do not have the pieces to acquire Iggy and Dalembert. We don't even have the pieces to acquire Iggy alone.

Philly fans realize that Iggy is not a franchise player, but a good 2nd option. However, since Iggy wants the $$$, they seem to think that overpaying him will kill their cap space. Also, they want more burn for Carney and Young.

As for Daly (until he went on the recent run), they were looking to dump his big contract for cap relief and a 1st pick.

We will have to sell the farm to do it.
Darrick Martin
Starter
And1: 3

Post#35 » by Darrick Martin » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:32 pm

Aside from JK, Moon, Delfino sans Garbo, we are pretty much the same make up as last season.. you gotta combine the season with vital injuries and the lack of ability to 'surprise' teams, which are the key reasons why we are not having similar success as last season
“On paper, in terms of just pure talent, I would say, yes, this is the best team we’ve had,” - Bryan Colangelo (Sep 29, 2008)
Shak23
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#36 » by Shak23 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:36 pm

We don't have a star SG or SF who can create and attack the basket. We got a bunch of shooters. Very one dimensional, a good way to make the playoffs but a bad way to be an elite team.
Brezec = Euro Oakley
Strav
Rookie
And1: 15

Post#37 » by Strav » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:48 pm

Need TJ back in the line up. He's a significant piece. The superstar we're lacking. Cheers.
wille-dynamite
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#38 » by wille-dynamite » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:57 pm

I would trade everyone on this team except Bosh, Ford, and Caldy.
For Brandon Roy...wait a second!!!! Dayum you BC and your tunnel vision.
teamLeiweke
Head Coach
And1: 5,019

Post#39 » by teamLeiweke » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:07 pm

need a superstar??? to create his own shot??? take over down the stretch??? Get to the line and in the paint and will???

See: TJ FORD
deknow
Banned User

Post#40 » by deknow » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:16 pm

Mack11 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No, our offense sucked ass tonight, especially in the 4th when we were dying for a bucket. We need a go to guy in the 4th to help us open up the floor for others

Its so easy to see. Why don't people watch the game? Without TJ defenses stay tight on the perimeter because there is no one who can get in the lane. What that means is out perimeter shooters have contested shots all night.

WE NEED FORD!

Return to Toronto Raptors