ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official CB4 has to grow some Onions thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Tommy Gun
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#21 » by Tommy Gun » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:38 pm

SomewhatDamaged wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Someone's gotta say something instead of 'incessantly' kissing his ass all the time. Tragically, I'm not the one who is flawed in leading the team.

There's a difference between playing hard, and playing with a competitive fire as a franchise player.

I thought that gape-mouthed Italian oaf was the new franchise player and first option?? Instead, he's rapdily turning into one of the great busts of all-time and a league-wide punchline.
Tommy Gun
Head Coach

Post#22 » by Tommy Gun » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:39 pm

I-AM-A-BEAST wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We know that. So why are you expecting him to be one. And your Howard example proves Tommy's point, because Howard isn't one either. Turk and Lewis are the go-to clutch players for the Magic, not Howard. Bosh doesn't have anyone like that on this roster and that was Tommy's point.

That's a habit of his :lol:
deknow
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#23 » by deknow » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:40 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No **** he's not and neither is Dwight Howard by the way.

Howard is playing with lewis (an all star) and Turkoglu. Both of those guys would be 2nd options on Toronto.

Kobe is playing with Odom and Bynum. Both of those guys would be second options on the Raptors.

Lebron is playing with no one, which is why his team sucks. LBJ is also arguably the best player in the league and an all-time great...same as Kobe. Why you would comapre Bosh with these two is beyond me...

none of those guys are stars. Not one of them. by your own admission you said the Raps need a star to play with Bosh, none of those guys are close to stars, maybe Lewis but.... nah.
deknow
Banned User

Post#24 » by deknow » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:40 pm

I-AM-A-BEAST wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We know that. So why are you expecting him to be one. And your Howard example proves Tommy's point, because Howard isn't one either. Turk and Lewis are the go-to clutch players for the Magic, not Howard. Bosh doesn't have anyone like that on this roster and that was Tommy's point.

Look at their record and look at ours.
Northern_Raptor
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#25 » by Northern_Raptor » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:43 pm

PharoaheMonch wrote:I think Bosh really needs Ford back. It was pretty obvious who our leader on and off the court has been and watching him on the sidelines the last couple of weeks has cemented it for me

TJ Ford, we need you back.

Couldn't agree more. This stand around, long jumpers, pick and roll offence doesn't do it for me.
Nia
Assistant Coach
And1: 4
Location: South Beach, Miami, but currently live in Tdot for School

Post#26 » by Nia » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:46 pm

PharoaheMonch wrote:I think Bosh really needs Ford back. It was pretty obvious who our leader on and off the court has been and watching him on the sidelines the last couple of weeks has cemented it for me

TJ Ford, we need you back.

That is what I have been saying. The reason why we were so successful last year was because TJ & CB worked Great together. Bosh needs TJ to create, and when he's not there to open the floor up for him, he has to work extra hard. He could never be able to get a good shot, He didn't take jumpshot all today, and not just that it seems like the rest of the guys are just standing around watching.
reck0n3r
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#27 » by reck0n3r » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:47 pm

I thought that gape-mouthed Italian oaf was the new franchise player and first option?? Instead, he's rapdily turning into one of the great busts of all-time and a league-wide punchline.

I'll be the first to admit bargs' hasn't played well this season, but this thread isn't about him. I never said he was the 'new franchise player' or 'first option'. I said he'd be capable of it by the end of this season or next. It hasn't worked out that way so far for whatever reason and that's that. He's still got time, though. :)
jlsca
Banned User

Post#28 » by jlsca » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:48 pm

SomewhatDamaged wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Someone's gotta say something instead of 'incessantly' kissing his ass all the time. Tragically, I'm not the one who is flawed in leading the team.

There's a difference between playing hard, and playing with a competitive fire as a franchise player.

I totally agree with you..unfortunately, it's management's responsibility to deal with it.
It has to be obvious to them (if not the dim bulbs here) that Bosh can't be "that guy"...they are going to have to find "that guy".
The kind of player good enough to make Bosh the second option he SHOULD be (and would be on a really good team) is going to be very hard to find and we sure as hell aren't going to trade scrubs to get him.
Tommy Gun
Head Coach

Post#29 » by Tommy Gun » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:48 pm

deknow wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

none of those guys are stars. Not one of them. by your own admission you said the Raps need a star to play with Bosh, none of those guys are close to stars, maybe Lewis but.... nah.

Lewis has averaged 20+ three times in his career and has been an allstar in the West...he's not a star??

Turk could very well be an allstar this year.

The bottom line is that both of those guys would be second options on this team. This team does not have a LEGIT 2nd option. Maybe an all-time great like LBJ could bring these guys somewhere, but expecting Bosh to is the height of insanity. He needs better players.
bakafool
RealGM
And1: 4,651

Post#30 » by bakafool » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:48 pm

Sometimes, I wish Bosh would demand the ball, be selfish and force himself inside. But that's just not the type of player he is.
Noooo!!! Not Possible! Not Possible! - Comcast commentator after the shot by Mo Peterson.
Nia
Assistant Coach

Post#31 » by Nia » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:51 pm

bakafool wrote:Sometimes, I wish Bosh would demand the ball, be selfish and force himself inside. But that's just not the type of player he is.

That I can agree on, because it seems like when ever we have the lead the team loves to go away from him.
jlsca
Banned User

Post#32 » by jlsca » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:52 pm

The attacks on Bargnani are typical of the short-sighted idiots here.

How many times does Colangelo have to say he was drafted for what he WILL become....you stupid dolts...if you can't see the potential, you deserve to wallow in losing seasons forever.
Darrick Martin
Starter
And1: 3

Post#33 » by Darrick Martin » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:52 pm

Wait.. wasn't there chants of CB4 for season MVP last season? lulz
“On paper, in terms of just pure talent, I would say, yes, this is the best team we’ve had,” - Bryan Colangelo (Sep 29, 2008)
jlsca
Banned User

Post#34 » by jlsca » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:55 pm

Nia wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That I can agree on, because it seems like when ever we have the lead the team loves to go away from him.

...typical of the lame excuses for Bosh's weak showing in crunch time.
Tommy Gun
Head Coach

Post#35 » by Tommy Gun » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:55 pm

jlsca wrote:The attacks on Bargnani are typical of the short-sighted idiots here.

How many times does Colangelo have to say he was drafted for what he WILL become....you stupid dolts...if you can't see the potential, you deserve to wallow in losing seasons forever.

:rofl:

From the guy who bashes Bosh with 99% of his posts. You just cant make this stuff up folks. Brilliant
deknow
Banned User

Post#36 » by deknow » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:56 pm

Lewis has averaged 20+ three times in his career and has been an allstar in the West...he's not a star??

nope. He is a complimentary player but not a star.

Turk could very well be an allstar this year.

Sure. :crazy:

The bottom line is that both of those guys would be second options on this team. This team does not have a LEGIT 2nd option. Maybe an all-time great like LBJ could bring these guys somewhere, but expecting Bosh to is the height of insanity. He needs better players.

100% agree with this. He just doesn't have it.
Nia
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by Nia » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:01 pm

jlsca wrote:The attacks on Bargnani are typical of the short-sighted idiots here.

jlsca wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wait I thought you said you were going to Retire
Tommy Gun
Head Coach

Post#38 » by Tommy Gun » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:02 pm

deknow wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

nope. He is a complimentary player but not a star.

Fine--if 20+ scorers who have made all star teams are NOT stars, but complimentary players, then the Raptors dont even have a complimentary player alongside Bosh. Better find one in a hurry
deknow
Banned User

Post#39 » by deknow » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:02 pm

Fine--if 20+ scorers who have made all star teams are NOT stars, but complimentary players, then the Raptors dont even have a complimentary player alongside Bosh. Better find one in a hurry

Agreed.
Anthrax
Pro Prospect

Post#40 » by Anthrax » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:06 pm

jlsca wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Its actually true, the raptors do forget that they have a big man that can get to the line during crunch time. Its not Bosh's fault entirely but he needs to start demanding the ball whenever the team encounters a lull on the offensive end.

Return to Toronto Raptors