ImageImageImageImageImage

what's a superstar?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

seanied
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#41 » by seanied » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:37 am

Centre Court wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That was true, to a degree. They were great battles of which I only watched on tape. But from what I understand, it was also a result of the overall dominance of the Celtics.

Put it this way, if Wilt was the center of the Celtics, he'd have more rings than the two I believe he won.

That's possible. It's hard to know. But more significant were the psychological battles between the two. In terms of mental strength, there was no point in comparing the two. Wilt's mental breakdowns and his deep desire to be recognized were legendary. Whereas Russell was will personified. It's equally possible that Russell affected his teams more than the players were inherently better that Wilt's various teams.
PopAGat
Starter
And1: 472

Post#42 » by PopAGat » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:37 am

Whats a superstar? Look at LeBron that should give you a crystal clear definition on what superstar IS and what he does.
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#43 » by ponder276 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:43 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Superstars are generally acquired through drafts. Teams don't give away bonafide superstars unless they are getting one back.

KG?

Return to Toronto Raptors