ImageImageImageImageImage

Will the ACC boo Al Horford?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

SpaceJam
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#121 » by SpaceJam » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:19 am

Just gives a reason for Al to come back in a year or two and drop a 20-20 game.
_________
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,598

Post#122 » by AbC? » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:39 am

We shouldn't boo because we want to be "classy". Seriously, who the hell cares? If the fans want to boo, let them boo. Same thing if they choose not to. I personally won't be booing but if the guy beside me decides to the whole game, it's his choice. He's no less of a fan of the Raps or NBA because of it.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,274

Post#123 » by Shaazzam » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:56 am

SpaceJam wrote:Just gives a reason for Al to come back in a year or two and drop a 20-20 game.

And if he's got the cojones to do that, it makes for great theatre.
WD-40
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#124 » by WD-40 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:02 am

whosthebosh? wrote:If he gets booed, it shows a new low for the Raptors fan base and I would be utterly embarassed being considered a Raptors fan.

It's not boo worthy. I did a light version of the TJ Horford thing to a guy playing ball recently. I went for the block with my left hand jumping acwardly and he moved fast, his head quickly became what I intended as ball. He was perfectly fine, but I thought to myself immediately, I pulled a Horford.

edit: although scattered boos is fine.
Snoop_Dogg_LA
Junior
And1: 185

Post#125 » by Snoop_Dogg_LA » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:05 am

Shaazzam wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Care to expand?

He's a good kid. If we had a pick this is the type of guy Colangelo would love to have on our team. Good character guy and a good player. He obviously didn't mean to foul him which was evident when TJ went down and evident when he made sure to be at the hospital to meet TJ after the tests were done. Al Horford is not required to check up on TJ Ford however, he felt the need to be there to at least talk to him and let him know nothing was intentional. The Toronto Raptors organization as well as our players understand and continue to state this is not his fault. Now after all of this the fans are going to boo? Doesn't make sense to me. Then again a lot of things some Raptors fans do doesn't make sense.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,274

Post#126 » by Shaazzam » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:07 am

Snoop_Dogg_LA wrote:
He's a good kid. If we had a pick this is the type of guy Colangelo would love to have on our team. Good character guy and a good player. He obviously didn't mean to foul him which was evident when TJ went down and evident when he made sure to be at the hospital to meet TJ after the tests were done. Al Horford is not required to check up on TJ Ford however, he felt the need to be there to at least talk to him and let him know nothing was intentional. The Toronto Raptors organization as well as our players understand and continue to state this is not his fault. Now after all of this the fans are going to boo? Doesn't make sense to me. Then again a lot of things some Raptors fans do doesn't make sense.

Thanks for the good explanation. I see where you are coming from and I guess we disagree on what booing actually is, or the depth of it's impact.
Theta64
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#127 » by Theta64 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:09 am

Exar Kun wrote:the General Fan at the game won't even remember it was Horford.

They'll understand who it is, once the hardcore (lack of better word) fans start booing him, and will most likely join in, just for the heck of it.
WD-40
Banned User

Post#128 » by WD-40 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:09 am

Consequence wrote:-
That's all well and good, but I think specifically booing a young player who made a dumb play and then showed nothing but regret and class after is not giving the Raptors a competitive advantage.

Also, if we heavily boo too often it will be less effective when we really need it. For example: Steve Francis. I was at the game against Houston and was disappointed more people didn't show more hate for Mr Cancer. I guess it's hard for Francis to compete for hate when TMac is playing. But Francis is more worthy of hate. He's a bum.

Kudos to those who booed him appropriatley./ :clap:
Drunk
Sixth Man

Post#129 » by Drunk » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:14 am

We should applaud the honorable efforts of Horford rather then chide his error. Horford has been hard enough on himself, he clearly regrets his action and he made good with Ford. Lets not make the situation hopeless.
dprod
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#130 » by dprod » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:16 am

As sad as it was, Horford didn't do it on purpose. Booing him wouldn't really be appropriate, but then again, if it helps us win the game... why not?
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#131 » by 5DOM » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:17 am

who will get booed first?

3 options

horford
dmart
bargs
Snoop_Dogg_LA
Junior
And1: 185

Post#132 » by Snoop_Dogg_LA » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:17 am

Shaazzam wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Thanks for the good explanation. I see where you are coming from and I guess we disagree on what booing actually is, or the depth of it's impact.

No problem. I really appreciate fans like yourself who can at least understand a view that may be different from their own. :clap:
from24ft
Banned User
And1: 2
Location: doing funnels and the kozak dance at the company picnic

Post#133 » by from24ft » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:18 am

WD-40 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Also, if we heavily boo too often it will be less effective when we really need it. For example: Steve Francis. I was at the game against Houston and was disappointed more people didn't show more hate for Mr Cancer. I guess it's hard for Francis to compete for hate when TMac is playing. But Francis is more worthy of hate. He's a bum.

Kudos to those who booed him appropriatley./ :clap:

I don't know about that, cheering too hard doesn't seem lose effectiveness, and booing won't either.

Too much worrying about something we can't control. The crowd will be the crowd. It will not be as bad as VC and slightly louder than Hoffa. After that it will be game time as usual.
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,598

Post#134 » by AbC? » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:27 am

Maybe we should give Horford an award before the game for being such an exemplary citizen? I mean, he actually visited TJ at the hospital!! Anything to look classy?

I'm not saying everyone should boo him, but no need for people to be all judgmental on the people that choose to do so.
TheDoctor
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 13,090
Location: Saving humanity, and the Raptors board, from aliens... and themselves.

Post#135 » by TheDoctor » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:33 am

I actually like Al Horford a lot, and think he really is a classy player, and he did the right thing after the unfortunate incident, and I believe it was at very worst a little careless, but by no means intentional.

But at the same time, what he did would be mercilessly booed if it happened live at the ACC, so its not unfair for some residual booing to come through today.

Good thing this isn't hockey, or someone would take a run at him, and he'd be massively booed.

I think its completely fair to react either way.
Raptors Season Ticketholder since the 2000 playoffs, through all the lows... build to the championship high... to Tampa and back again.
RIP The Hater - we miss you.
WD-40
Banned User

Post#136 » by WD-40 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:42 am

from24ft wrote:I don't know about that, cheering too hard doesn't seem lose effectiveness, and booing won't either.

Too much worrying about something we can't control. The crowd will be the crowd. It will not be as bad as VC and slightly louder than Hoffa. After that it will be game time as usual.

I mean it will be less effective booing individual players like VC, Francis, Mourning. The dickheads that deserve it. The people that deserve real deep intensive hate. For me, only Francis deserves that. A bit for Alonzo, and I see nothing wrong with those that want to boo VC or even for Tmac.

But hardcore booing him throughout the game would be lame.

Although, boo the team all the time for sure. And even Horford badly for a bit.

Basically, I meant, if I was a player. Such as VC, or Tmac. And I saw T. fans boo Horford like they boo me. I would be like, look at those dumbass Rap fans booing every one. Sensitive Be-atches.
WD-40
Banned User

Post#137 » by WD-40 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:46 am

"Good thing this isn't hockey, or someone would take a run at him, and he'd be massively booed.

I think its completely fair to react either way."

He'd be toast in hockey.
needbox
Pro Prospect
And1: 212

Post#138 » by needbox » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:26 am

We need a poll on this thread
CBC_Raptor
Rookie
And1: 67

Post#139 » by CBC_Raptor » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:46 am

My name is CBC_Raptor.

Embarrassed Raptors fan at the ACC and embarassed RealGM member since '02.

Boo me please.
Raptors 2019 NBA Champs!! I´m a Fun Guy.
James699
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#140 » by James699 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:17 am

lol people are probably going to boo Andrea Bargnani but try to disguise it with trying to boo Al

Return to Toronto Raptors